test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Proxy for Asian players

packetjpacketj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I think it's about time to have proxy server for asian players. We already have NA and EU and I think it will be nice to have the same privilege for us from Asia.

It's just hard to play with 300 ping and constant lag spikes, it's not that optimal to play. That's all.
Post edited by packetj on

Comments

• Options
    xxleyanxxxxleyanxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    +1 to this. My guildmates and I are constantly playing in 300 ping, would be nice to play without delay for once. There's plenty of players from asia and it would be great for us to have our own proxy server. :)
    Synnove ~ Full PvE CW
    Emeril ~ PvP HR
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    xxleyanxx wrote: »
    +1 to this. My guildmates and I are constantly playing in 300 ping, would be nice to play without delay for once. There's plenty of players from asia and it would be great for us to have our own proxy server. :)

Right? I mean it's an investment for Cryptic as well. Asian player base is rapidly growing and we badly need this. Hopefully someone from Cryptic reply to tell us at least if this is feasible or not. :D
  • Options
    lolssi83lolssi83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2014
    Not sure what you're complaining about. Last I checked my normal ping was around 400 from northern Europe :P It's not optimal but still playable.
    No other game has ever given me ping this high. Even back in the day with way slower connection I was could play CS on NA servers with ping of 200.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lolssi83 wrote: »
    Last I checked my normal ping was around 400 from northern Europe

Same, 250-350 ping. There is a EU proxy? Urban legend, I'd say.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not sure what you're complaining about. Last I checked my normal ping was around 400 from northern Europe :P It's not optimal but still playable.
    No other game has ever given me ping this high. Even back in the day with way slower connection I was could play CS on NA servers with ping of 200.
    lucifron44 wrote: »

So you're getting that ping even with using EU proxy?
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    packetj wrote: »
    So you're getting that ping even with using EU proxy?

What EU proxy? =_=

My ping has been always 250-350, from Central Europe...
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »

Got to love them urban legends. Weird thing though , last time I used the EU proxy the game played worse than using the US or none ( I'm from the UK )xD

gSNAxgr.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    lolssi83lolssi83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2014
    God ****! Gotta give it a shot :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What EU proxy? =_=

My ping has been always 250-350, from Central Europe...
    God ****! Gotta give it a shot :D

you gotta be kidding me =/
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How do you know your ping?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How do you know your ping?

/netgraph 1

To turn it off, /netgraph 0
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    /netgraph 1

To turn it off, /netgraph 0
    Thank you.
    Just tried it and found mine is 350 averagely. But I don't seem to have constant lag spikes. There is only one thing I guess it has something to do with lag, that in PvP I'm pretty sure I'm dodging and should successfully dodge foes' prone, stun, knock, ... etc, but I get rubberbanded back to the original place and they successfully prone, stun, knock me. That happens often.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I do believe that using proxy provided by the game it self can improve players' latency on that region. If EU and NA have this "service", then I think Asia should have one as well.
  • Options
    kuskusgilakuskusgila Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    We do need Asian proxy due to the lagging in IWD
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i had 1994 ping in iwd today had to leave due to it being unplayable wish they would take this request seriously
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    packetj wrote: »
    I do believe that using proxy provided by the game it self can improve players' latency on that region. If EU and NA have this "service", then I think Asia should have one as well.
    Agreed. Pinging 350+ (on bad days, ping shoots up above 500 as well, albeit in spikes) in India. Anything that can reduce our lag will be much appreciated. Currently I blame the lag for my loss of damage and my sleepwalking into all those red circles. Would be nice if they decided to rid me of my excuses :rolleyes: :p