test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter

thugthe1stonethugthe1stone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hello.Im playing Guardian Fighter since september 2013.After this update im frustrated because Guardian Fighter is unable to play, lack of survival, lack of dps, bugged calculation of statistics = useless
1.Powers for shield and generating threat
2.Feats for shield, generating threat
3.Shield-its wasting imidiately, not recovering as it should, as it was before.
4.Conversion values of attack/healing-less attack/healing than power what is mathematicaly and logicaly impossible.

Hope you gonna fix it soon Cryptic.
Post edited by thugthe1stone on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    As this is feedback and not a bug report it belongs in The Barracks.

However rest assured that the community team has compiled a large amount of feedback for Guardian Fighters. It is a hot topic on the forums and is certainly not being ignored.
  • Options
    vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did any1 notice doing double and triple kills is quite hard with a Guardian fighter? (pvp campaign) did any developers think about these before implementing?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I'm sure they did. They also said it won't likely change soon.

That doesn't mean I haven't told them I am lucky to get *a* kill on my GF/DC let alone a double kill. Triple kills? Never going to happen.

However there is a right way and a wrong way to express that concern. You are on the border of the wrong way. Try to be a bit less condescending towards the developers when you give feedback.
  • Options
    damanhur89damanhur89 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    vitizax wrote: »
    Did any1 notice doing double and triple kills is quite hard with a Guardian fighter? (pvp campaign) did any developers think about these before implementing?

Hey vitizax,

are you member of any guild? Although I completely agree with you that is extremely hard to get a triple kill with a GF, you still can do it. Dominion and Gaunt, you just have to be very selfish and aim to kill enemies who have very low HP, so you get the kill. Icewind ale - go to Icewind PVP area with 4/5 guildmates and kill each to get triple kills. This is the only possible solution now; I hope Devs will keep the same objectives for the PVP campaigns, and they also will BUFF GFs with some extra damage to accomplish those triple kills.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yea, im in a spanish guild ( im spanish) but its not very focused to pvp :S, anyway i got myself few double kills in dominion doing what you say, and being a bit lucky... is not imposible to acomplish, its just harder for us than for any other profesion (except devoted cleric maybe).

I cant go in Icewind dale yet, i returned (after year and a half) about a month ago and i dont meet the requirements, ill party up when i finally get to Bruenor's land, good advice ;)
  • Options
    trexslayer5trexslayer5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Guardian Fighter's role isn't as a killing machine. I find it hard to get 1 kill >< I started the game pretty late (around 17 days ago). I've a lv60 ranger and a lv27 Guardian Fighter. I had a few pvp domination when I had great teammates and I was able to get max 6/7 kills with over 10 assists. That was the best so far. I do like to play as GF although it's extremely slow, easy to die if you don't block or guard meter is gone, but the role of GF (in my opinion) is to draw as much attention from the enemies as possible and let your teammates do the damage and get the win. I find it really useful when I have good teammates and I am able to control the opponents and draw their attention.
    Meanwhile, make sure you max out LUNGING STRIKE and use it. It's extremely useful when you want to do some damage from time to time after block or chasing your target. It's so useful. First of all you can strike your target right in the face and keep bothering your target then you can use ANKLE BREAKER to deal constant damage. An addition would be TERRIFYING IMPACT, which can make your target(s) prone for a while when you can do some damage.
    I'm not a very good player (I die a lot) and I still don't really know a lot about the game cos I just play. But yea, so far, I really like GF cos I like to be a team player instead of a killing machine or a solo player. Most important is to help your team to win ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2014

That doesn't mean I haven't told them I am lucky to get *a* kill on my GF/DC let alone a double kill. Triple kills? Never going to happen.

However there is a right way and a wrong way to express that concern. You are on the border of the wrong way. Try to be a bit less condescending towards the developers when you give feedback.

Obvious things should be obvious to everyone, and if someone acts against that i just wonder whats behind that reasoning.

The need to achieve double and triple kills sets a disadvantage to GF and DC, why do we have to suffer this? i feel mistreated as GF.

It wasnt feedback it was a lament, im sure they thought about this, they already know the situation but is not going to be changed soon. May i ask a big and confused WHY?
  • Options
    nitron0vanitron0va Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I take it this is not a good time to roll a guardian fighter...
  • Options
    ragstagragstag Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello.Im playing Guardian Fighter since september 2013.After this update im frustrated because Guardian Fighter is unable to play, lack of survival, lack of dps, bugged calculation of statistics = useless
    1.Powers for shield and generating threat
    2.Feats for shield, generating threat
    3.Shield-its wasting imidiately, not recovering as it should, as it was before.
    4.Conversion values of attack/healing-less attack/healing than power what is mathematicaly and logicaly impossible.

Hope you gonna fix it soon Cryptic.

You are right friend. I am playing a GF too and after the Icewind Dale update the character worths nothing. I lost 3000 gear score. I hope the fix some issues couse i think the changes must be fair and not a punishment for this class
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You know, nothing really changed about GF with IWD update. Just because you lost some gs doesn't mean you lost your power, it just doesn't add the buff from conqueror to gs anymore.
  • Options
    gorguts99gorguts99 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2014
    One of my GWF friend has around 40% deflect with 2000 pts in deflect
    I have 2400 with only 27~% deflect

ALL the stats on the GWFs scale 10x better, defense, deflection, armor pen, crit...and so on. There's absolutely no logic. Even a hr can have greater deflect than us, while getting healed, ahahah.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Well maybe you can enlighten us on what it was they were thinking then?, because it looks like they were thinking....DPS classes need an advantage over those op support classes.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a GF I should have the tankiest class in the game, but with a 14.2k gs playing against lower geared GWF they are hitting me for 10k min over and over?

Over 4k defense, 20% deflection, 31k hp, 22% crit, 7400 power, I mean you guys gotta be kidding me? GF needs some help, and not in August they need it now while the rest of the player base progresses forward.

GF will never catch up if you wait another 3 months to implement some changes to help GFs!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    gorguts99 wrote: »
    One of my GWF friend has around 40% deflect with 2000 pts in deflect
    I have 2400 with only 27~% deflect

ALL the stats on the GWFs scale 10x better, defense, deflection, armor pen, crit...and so on. There's absolutely no logic. Even a hr can have greater deflect than us, while getting healed, ahahah.

I inspect some GWFs I cannot believe how high their stats get.. Its absurd! I seen the saem 35% crit, 1800 arp, 30k hp, 30-35% deflection, 1700 regen, 1000 LS, then I look at their DR thinking well they must be squishy right? Nope! They rock a 40% Defense rating too?

They get 500% more dps then a GF, and all the GF has is 10% dr? Really? Pretty pathetic!

• Options
    dwarfdurindwarfdurin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Making at-wills stronger(like other melee), especially Tide of Iron might be a good solution to buff shield-based abilities.
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nitron0va wrote: »

Sure beats not being able to block as a GWF...
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I inspect some GWFs I cannot believe how high their stats get.. Its absurd! I seen the saem 35% crit, 1800 arp, 30k hp, 30-35% deflection, 1700 regen, 1000 LS, then I look at their DR thinking well they must be squishy right? Nope! They rock a 40% Defense rating too?

They get 500% more dps then a GF, and all the GF has is 10% dr? Really? Pretty pathetic!

You can see here how depressing is this point, 1 guy with 1080 Deflect surpass my Deflect Chance... and I have now 3K in Deflect!!!..., this guy said that he had +5% from his gear and +5% from a feat, I have a feat that gives me +5% Deflect Chance too, soo, under the same conditions (without considering neither the equip nor the feat in either of we 2), he would have 21.1% of Deflect Chance with 1080 Deflect and I would have like 24-25% of Deflect Chance with 3K Deflect!!!, 2K DEFLECT MORE IN MY GF MAKE ME HAVE 3-4% MORE THAN HIM!!!., and we are the Tanky Class with a Freaking Shield!!!, we should be the kings of Deflect!!!, what a waste of GS, GWF scale their stats a lot faster with no reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

It is as long as you don't hit 60.

• Options
    snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2014

It hasn't been for at least 6 months. It became especially worse after the PvP patch and then mod 3 really made our lackluster shine.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC