test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop giving me BoP items that i can t use!!!

pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
That s about it.
Post edited by pprandom on

Comments

• Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am going to second this one.

I have been hunting the HEs for an Elk Tribe Orb or some specific class related item... I've gotten 3 Top Knots and a Battle Axe.

Yeah I really don't care if they want to do BoP... but if you're doing things that way... then you have to make sure the things that are dropping are specific to the class that is picking them up.

This is an obvious bug, and needs to be corrected one way or another.

Either make these things Bind on Equip or change the table to only drop class specific items to that class.
  • Options
    robrobsonrobrobson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's not that simple. Remember that many items can be used by companions. For instance Ioun Stone of Allure has icon slot. I want put there best icon. Sadly i can't put there tier3 Black Ice icon and probably DCs can do it. The sword companions has sword knot slots etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, but you re making a rule (giving useless stuff BoP), for an exception (using certain companion)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I said even more - I'd like to have possibility for having each and every item for any class! But I share your opinion that BoP other class drops are frustrating. But on the other hand I think is fair for any class to have possibility for best icon for ISoA.
  • Options
    verzavusverzavus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It just makes the items you want more rare. Items in NW are generally far too easy to obtain and I think they made a fine solution for it; BoP but any class item can drop. It's still a solid few coppers/rough AD's.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm fine with random.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would be fine with getting... anything?... from Heroic Encounters. I do like those Black Ice Enchantments and black ice and whatnot, but gear would be nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Okay, bind them on account until equipped then. Hell the BoP system was just a dumb fix for a game that didn t know how to manage it s economy wisely.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pprandom wrote: »
    Okay, bind them on account until equipped then. Hell the BoP system was just a dumb fix for a game that didn t know how to manage it s economy wisely.

That I agree with.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's the open gate for easy making new wellequiped toons.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, but you re making a rule (giving useless stuff BoP), for an exception (using certain companion)

Yeah and what good is a Battle Axe going to do me?

You want to drop other classes items for Companions I'd even be ok with that... BUT then thats the ONLY thing that should be dropped.

I don't mind Top Knots, but I don't use a single companion that has that kind of slot that I actually use.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BoP is incredibly annoying. It's one thing for DD chests, but open world and open party drops should never be BoP. I hated it in VT and I loathe it in IWD.
  • Options
    korpiperkelekorpiperkele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ok first loot 2.0 then double the epic drops.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My HR keeps getting BoP redcap hats in Master of the Hunt that she can't use. I can deal with that, but it would be nice if she could use them for transmutation.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Every single one of these should be Bind on ACCOUNT! I've been irked by this since the Shar stuff
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    robrobson wrote: »
    That's the open gate for easy making new wellequiped toons.

Having certain drops be BoP does *not* eliminate being able to fully equip a new alt, if you already have other max-level characters. Granting rewards in level 60 content, for other classes, which are also bound to the character that got them, is kind of a slap in the face - "Here's a potentially useful item that you can never use". The argument that your companion could use them would be valid if the items that dropped like this were confined to rings, belts, sword knots, or icons - but I've seen helmets and armor exhibit this behavior.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Oh, good Gygax, yes!
    BoA would keep most of the Black Ice stuff off the A.H. while allowing us to actually USE some of what we find, for those of us cursed by the Random Number Gods.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Oh, good Gygax, yes!
    BoA would keep most of the Black Ice stuff off the A.H. while allowing us to actually USE some of what we find, for those of us cursed by the Random Number Gods.

Cursed!? I thought we were just being ignored by them. :(

* Sacrifices a bucket of KFC *
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

"One whole chicken, just like you said!"

;)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Oh, good Gygax, yes!

BoA is an excellent suggestion!
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

Let me know if that works.
    So far I've tried Hamsters, Gerbils, a pair of Buzzards and one slightly used Flumph.
    No dice yet.
    Or Black Ice Gear either, for that matter.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    taercennxtaercennx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can the unbound loot be sold/traded/mailed to alts?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    taercennx wrote: »
    Can the unbound loot be sold/traded/mailed to alts?

If it's not bound, then absolutely. Bound to account items can be mailed to yourself by using your @handle or stored in your account bank.