test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What to do when knocked off quest path?

sigwald01sigwald01 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So I did a couple of quests in Vellosk for dying Howl then he was done with me and I realized I had no open quests. I went to the next camp hoping to jump back on the path but the NPCs there had nothing to say to me. I've lvled 5 other chars but never encountered this and not sure how to continue, at lvl38 I need to get back to quests to get lvled. Anybody have any suggestions?
Volaticum Letum
Post edited by sigwald01 on

Comments

• ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sometimes, especially if you don't invoke on a regular basis (it happened to me too in Vellosk IIRC, somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd quest hub), you run out of quests. It also used to happen on the pirate map somewhere before lvl 20. You should be able to solve that by leveling up (by killing stuff).

Complete your current level and check the latest quest hubs you had quests at, you will probably find a quest waiting for you there :)
  • sigwald01sigwald01 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lol, I'll give that a shot thanks Ryu
    Volaticum Letum
    edited May 2014
    That's a good tip Ryugasirius. I went werewolf hunting, finally lvld up and Dying Howl started offering quests again. I suppose what else are you gonna do in this game when frustrated but keep killin stuff. Thanks again!!
    Volaticum Letum
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Usually it's the opposite condition that happens, though--many complain that they quickly outlevel the content in a given zone. Don't really hear often of being underleveled...
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited May 2014
    I have been underlevelled through this whole character for some reason. I've been a good 3-5 lvls lower than the PCs I encounter. I did lend myself a vorpal enchant from another toon to help me speed level. Definitely made killing stuff easier : )
    Volaticum Letum
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Usually it's the opposite condition that happens, though--many complain that they quickly outlevel the content in a given zone. Don't really hear often of being underleveled...
    I duo with my daughter and we are pretty much always under levelled for quest in Vellosk...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've done every quest so far, every dungeon and every skirmish and I'm just a bit over the required level in Vellosk, (although I do have some enchants that give me more exp% )
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I ususally encounter this around Blackdagger Ruins. Old Len and Xallianna each have quest that can't start until a certain level. Of course it at this area that I start getting gear that can be slotted and the R5-6 Azure Enchantments then go into the utility slots.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    r5 and r6 at lv 20? wow
    I usually slot r2s or so around those levels XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My characters have usually fallen behind the quest levels in Blackdagger ruins. Frequently I've resorted to grinding mobs at some point in Neverdeath to make up for this and not have to carry around useful quest rewards until I'm halfway through the next zone. Strangely though, once my characters hit 50, they usually start exceeding the quest levels, frequently hitting 60 midway through Hotenow or at least by the end of it. I've always attributed this to the fact that I tend to start chars on the weekends but after that my questing slows down during the work week, meaning I'm getting more Invocation XP per time spent questing.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The real cause of this is the changes they made to Blacklake a while ago. They removed a few quests(One halfling racial mentioned on the wiki is gone, I can confirm from experience that one of the TR class quests is gone, and Hazel only has one quest now, she used to have more), shortened the major dungeon there, and the result has since thrown everything completely off if you don't do extras. My pre-change characters never had an issue with being underleveled. Post-change, all of them run into this issue.

It's annoying and I really wish they'd restore the original Blacklake district and its quests. It'd avoid this issue and bring back the one friggin' puzzle you encounter in the game. :P (Well, apparently there are puzzles in Castle Never, but I have never encountered a group that does anything but speedrun that place, whereas BL you're solo.)

In lieu of that, yeah, run some foundries, invoke three times a day, do your skirmishes/dungeons, etc.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Foundry Quests.
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    r5 and r6 at lv 20? wow
    I usually slot r2s or so around those levels XD

well r5 are not expensive at all: as soon as I had sockets in my equip I slotted them with r5 (didn't bother with less). In the end an r5 costs 1-3 dailies (depending on your level, of course); in any case very feasable and really recommended.
    Truth i've seen a LOT of pvErs doing content without slotted anything or with r2/r3 o.O (and I speak about lvl 40+ )
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I have always had the opposite problem, of being overlevelled. Working on my 3rd character now, and being very careful so that I can get to the skirmishes and dungeons within level. I don't do anything besides the quests lines and invoke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This is odd. I'm lvl 51 right now, and I've skipped most of the wolf-area and the Chasm as I outleveled them? The only reason I went to the Chasm is because I finished up on Icepeak (though didn't bother with the Rime Hound after it insta-killed me for the eight time...), and the next area is lvl 52. I was lvl 50 at the time, and the Chasm starts at lvl 49. The only thing I've been doing other than quests is invoking and some dungeons and skirmishes.
  • gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Overleveled, here. I wanted to get professions started so I could try to make gear when 60. Just doing the two for my gear but my level 40-ish toon is still in Vellosk and has quests to go to the next two maps already. (not complaining, just stating a fact) I haven't done any of the dungeons or skirmishes on this toon. I'm toying with the idea of leveling a toon to 60 without doing anything except professions, just to see if it can be done.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    well r5 are not expensive at all: as soon as I had sockets in my equip I slotted them with r5 (didn't bother with less). In the end an r5 costs 1-3 dailies (depending on your level, of course); in any case very feasable and really recommended.
    Truth i've seen a LOT of pvErs doing content without slotted anything or with r2/r3 o.O (and I speak about lvl 40+ )

I won't usually bother with enchantments until I have purchased a "stable" (blue/trash purple/t1, whatever is cheap) equipment at lvl 60, because i know i'll change most of my equipment every 2 levels, and that may happen several times in a single play session (2hrs or so). They are unnecessary, yes they can speed things up a bit but... too much hassle :P
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    Foundry Quests.

This.

I always need to do Foundries a couple of times to level up, so that quests become available.