test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions Suggestion

ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Part of the reason a lot of people don't use the professions is because of the tediousness of the interface. A suggestion for 2 buttons that would help a LOT in alleviating this boredom would be these :

Button 1 - Collect All - (Collects all completed tasks at once)

Button 2 - Repeat - (repeats last tasks - any tasks without the proper prerequisites would remain blank and have to be manually entered.)

add anything further here folks

Cheers
Ellodrith
Post edited by ellodrith on

Comments

• siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't feel weaponsmith/armorer are needed. For weapons, I'll stick with the Ancient set. It's easy to get, as opposed to farming for the offhand items. Especially now, most people are burned out on Malabog's Castle and Valindra's Tower. For armor, it's way too much effort for some incredibly minor boost to gloves. Seriously, there's very little reason to up those skills. Especially if you cannot afford the purple tools to go with them, to churn out shirts and pants all day.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    First of all, it's not tedious. Free AD for a few mouse clicks is not what I call hard labor. Second, you'll need your weaponsmith/armorer to make gear. Also a 3rd to free up your 6th slot. So suggesting professions are not used is completely nonsense.

While your arguments are completely worthless, the suggestion is good, has been made before and is even in the QoL suggestions thread.

No. It's tedious. I've done it many times. The shorter professions you need to continually do 10-40min tasks over and over at low levels. It's tedious work. If you choose the mass gathering tasks at those lower levels you're missing out exponentially on efficiency. Leadership takes me ~55 days with decent assets to max. 2 months of clicking with no reward is what I call tedious. And then with my multiple leadership toons (I have 6 main toons with l20 leadership and I do also have others just for leadership) takes time. If you just use the one toon then you're using leadership to get rough AD when it's easy to overflow the AD limit anyway. That's not to say they don't have uses, but if you want to reinforce arms, I wouldn't bother, it's a lot of work for a little stat boost and not all arms can be reinforced. If you want gemmed shirts, just buy them. If you have the 1 toon an play regularly or aren't sure on whether you're staying, you may not bother with the long term investment in levelling leadership. If you want to be commited to AD generation whether it be from shirt making (which takes a massive investment) or leadership then go ahead, but it will be repetitive. There's also alchemy which is completely useless and artificing/weaponsmithing which is useful for 1 thing thanks to bop. The reasons to ignore crafting pretty much out-way the ways in which it's actually useful and the journey it takes to get there.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, professions need some love. There isn't however, anyone forcing you to use them if you don't want. For leadership, I just run tasks that produce ADs - sure, they may not be the fastest route to maxing out the profession, but I am earning something in the process. If you don't like staying on top of your tasks, then don't - the mass tasks may not be the best in terms of items per hour, but they save you the headache of constantly having to refresh tasks...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ellodrith wrote: »
    Part of the reason a lot of people don't use the professions is because of the tediousness of the interface. A suggestion for 2 buttons that would help a LOT in alleviating this boredom would be these :

Button 1 - Collect All - (Collects all completed tasks at once)

Button 2 - Repeat - (repeats last tasks - any tasks without the proper prerequisites would remain blank and have to be manually entered.)

add anything further here folks

Cheers
    Ellodrith

I'd like to see a "collect all" option, as well as a way to "open all" when it comes to stacks of leadership chests/crates. I doubt we'll get a repeat function, though I'm not against it...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A 'collect all' button would be great. I'd also like used assets to be bumped to the bottom of the list, from a usability perspective I find the gateway better for choosing assets - no scrolling required.

I'd like to change right clicking on an asset portrait to open the list of possible assets to a left click option. Right clicking could then be used to quick clear an asset. This could potentially pave the way for more pre-populated asset slots, though I'd have to try this to decide whether it was more useful or annoying.