test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You completed a Heroic encounter!

walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
While you were AFK!

I can't believe this is really how this system is supposed to work?

Half the time I'm just working on my own quests, solo.. and this message pops up and OH HAY free rewards, for doing nothing.

???????????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It happens when you pass by a heroic encounter which is in progress by other players.

It's a crappy system but c'mon, free rewards rawk.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I know that, but shouldn't you have to like... I don't know... kill some of the monsters or do some damage at least?

I can pass by someone killing a non-Heroic quest monster but when it dies it doesn't drop loot that I can pick up...
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I often get better rewards for being near a minor HE than I do for completing epic HEs. Every epic HE I've competed has given me a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> potion and some BI. At least I get R4 or 5 enchants (which I'll never use and are probably too cheap to bother selling in AH) from the minor ones, whether I fight them or not. I really don't see a point in doing them.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I reported it during testing and they said something along the lines of that was how it is meant to be.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Really?
    No dev response on this?
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think I get way more rewards running about for my Dailies (grabbing giant horns and barbarian axes etc) and simply passing by HEs than I do going out and hunting HE's.

Maybe my observations are wrong, but it seems like there were packs of characters running around from HE to HE when the thing started and now all but the epic HEs are entirely ignored.

You see the same Totem sitting there unmolested right there in plain view these days. (after only what, 2 weeks?)

Of course it's moving that way. It makes perfect sense it would move in that direction.
    The system, the way it is, rewards just running around and activating HEs and letting other players do the fighting.

So if the goal was to have players ignore HEs then it's set up perfectly.
    Otherwise, they should make an adjustment.
  • Options
    flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You provided logistical support just for being nearby. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    fluppery wrote: »
    You provided logistical support just for being nearby. :rolleyes:

LOL or you distracted foes by coming into visual range which allowed the actual party to land good hits.