test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Armor Specialization

tuby22tuby22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Incraeses the effectiveness of Armor Class and Defanse by 5/10/15%.

While i was testing new builds on prewiev shard I realized that it doesn't increase the amount of damage resistance. Its effect doesn't seen on ratings or just broke?
Post edited by tuby22 on

Comments

• Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ill have to look next time i respec, probably broken like most GF abilities...
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    damanhur89damanhur89 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I respec my talents on live server, and I removed Armor Specialization. Its beneficial effects do not show in my ratings, too. Furthemore, I played few PVP matches, and I noticed no difference without it. I already sent a ticket to the Devs, something is not quite working on this feat. Thank you for your cooperation :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Keep us updated, maybe place this in the Bug forum?

If its not working Im taking those points out!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Keep us updated, maybe place this in the Bug forum?

If its not working Im taking those points out!

There is a player on another threat saying that Armor Specialization is not visible in the in-game character sheet, but you can check its beneficial effects on the combat log. I am sorry, but i do not understand, what does it mean?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    damanhur89 wrote: »
    There is a player on another threat saying that Armor Specialization is not visible in the in-game character sheet, but you can check its beneficial effects on the combat log. I am sorry, but i do not understand, what does it mean?

I think he means with the feat, you will take less damage in the combat log by 15% and without you will notice? I don't think that should be I want my stats visible!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I think he means with the feat, you will take less damage in the combat log by 15% and without you will notice? I don't think that should be I want my stats visible!

Hey Ripyourlipsoff,

I want my stats to be visible too, especially because I did not notice any difference in the damage taken without AS. I am trying to figure out this thing also asking to other GFs in this forum, like Ant-monster. Maybe we can all come up with the same answer.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    can someone confirm? is there any test? I have two points on this.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Basically anything that says it increases the "effectiveness" of a stat is not visible to you and is calculated behind the scenes.

While you can certainly say "wait no I want to know my stats" the statement holds true both ways. In other words you don't want to see that you have 57.5% DR and then do the math to figure out that is 50 + 15% DR. Would it be nice if it was all broken down to say where all the bonuses are coming from, yes! However that has it's own problems including development time.

In the mean time the English language, as much as I hate it, holds a plethora of information in every choice of words. Let's look at the choice of words here. It does not say it increases Armor Class and Defense by 15% or that it increases DR by 15%, it says it increases their effectiveness by 15%. So whatever bonuses are stated to be given by Armor Class and Defense is actually giving you 15% more than what they display.

When dealing with the English language the exact wording is crucial and it gives massive cues to what is actually happening. :)
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    but the point is: I'm getting even less damage? is tested and approved by the best Dermatologists?
  • Options
    tuby22tuby22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    atleast someone confirmed that it is working
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    damanhur89 wrote: »
    I want my stats to be visible too, especially because I did not notice any difference in the damage taken without AS. I am trying to figure out this thing also asking to other GFs in this forum, like Ant-monster.

I wouldn't. He doesn't grasp complex things like mechanics or numbers too well.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User

Basically anything that says it increases the "effectiveness" of a stat is not visible to you and is calculated behind the scenes.

While you can certainly say "wait no I want to know my stats" the statement holds true both ways. In other words you don't want to see that you have 57.5% DR and then do the math to figure out that is 50 + 15% DR. Would it be nice if it was all broken down to say where all the bonuses are coming from, yes! However that has it's own problems including development time.

In the mean time the English language, as much as I hate it, holds a plethora of information in every choice of words. Let's look at the choice of words here. It does not say it increases Armor Class and Defense by 15% or that it increases DR by 15%, it says it increases their effectiveness by 15%. So whatever bonuses are stated to be given by Armor Class and Defense is actually giving you 15% more than what they display.

When dealing with the English language the exact wording is crucial and it gives massive cues to what is actually happening. :)

I understand this the same way. But from all testing I have done and seen they have no impact on the effectiveness of stats either.