test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why is pvp in neverwinter online?

monk1955monk1955 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
I've been involved with D&D since 1974. In all that time, in every edition of the game, I have never seen any reference or rule regarding PvP. D&D has always been a cooperative game! Why is it that Neverwinter Online has PvP? In my opinion, for what it's worth, D&D and PvP are wholly incompatible. The debacle in Icewind Dale appears to prove that point.
Post edited by monk1955 on

Comments

• Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    D&D is not a MMO.

Neverwinter is.

Thread close thx.
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While I share your opinion on DnD and it being cooperative, there is no reason not to include a PvP in an MMO Version. You can enjoy Neverwinter Online completly with PvE only and have lots of fun in dungeons and stuff. I do that for example, I rarely play PvP. But if lots of people are having fun with the PvP implemention in this game, let them havefun with it.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is not constructive at all. If WotC has allowed the implementation of PVP in the game, they have the final say on all things related to D&D. Therefore, it is moot to discuss the point.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.