test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XP Rewards... Are they better than nothing ?

kkmcoodleskkmcoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So what do ya'll think so far...5k ADs and a power point, peridot and a power point... not really jumping for joy so far myself... but at least the system is in place where maybe something worthwhile can be added in the future...
any suggestions ?

Wow... wasn't expecting so many negative responses to the thread... was merely looking for some suggestions as to what people might like to see the rewards used for in the future... i'm sure cryptic is open to suggestions... higher level enchantments maybe, or a coalescent ward... a few standard wards... these are some things i'd like to see, and since they are already given away in celestial coin boxes, i'm sure they could be easily added to XP rewards... so back to the purpose of the thread... anyone else have any suggestions...
Post edited by kkmcoodles on

Comments

• tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2014
    power point actually great reward and gives you the chance of passed skills available.
    personally I expect feat points as a reward too...
  • prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't understand why you felt the need to make this thread.
    Little rewards are nice and definitely better than gaining nothing from the EXP overflow?

Heck, I won't say no to 5k AD

It would be nice if the rewards would be better, sure, but they don't need to be. Look at how you get them; by doing absolutely nothing ESPECIALLY for them. You get little treats for doing other quests - from which you often gain other rewards.
    It's a nice little thing on the side and I see nothing wrong with it.
  • kkmcoodleskkmcoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cool... was just wondering what other people thought... thank you for responding... I did a respect not too long ago, and so have little use for additional power points... i'm not unhappy with the little gifts, just kind of wish that when I clicked the claim reward button, that there was a 1/100, or 1/1000, or 1/10,000 chance that i'd be really thrilled with the reward... anyways, thanks again for the replies so far and hope to hear from more of you...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't get the reason for the thread , anything is better than nothing , some rewards blow ,others are half decent , one thing I do know is they are better than watching the extra exp go into the void.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Something is always better than nothing.

I got a power point the first time...really nice, gives me a point to put into a power that I had to skip, and haven't really bothered to test by respeccing on preview.

Second and third rewards were...meh...mediocre, but hey...yes, they are indeed better than nothing at all - which is what we got before.

Fear points would be much more useful, but highly unbalancing - I see no chance of them ever being given out.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I like this reward. A lot. But I haven't been able to determine why the XP bar is purple on most of my 60's but blue on some of them... Anyone know?
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That is a fair guess I suppose, as it holds true that the blue ones have not been to IWD, but not all of the purple ones have, either. But the purple ones have been to Sharandar and Dread Ring, so maybe that somehow plays into it as well. But surely it is something that one set has done and the other hasn't, so..

(Of course I need to look again, I could be making some memory mistake as to who's been where. 12 characters all doing things gets confusing.. haha)

Oh, about bonus XP- it isn't that, they are 60 and well on the way to filling the bar beyond that. I haven't had any XP bonuses since the double XP weekend, when the ones who are blue were still leveling up.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have five level-60 Campfire Campers in PE - haven't even done Feywild yet - actually - haven't even done Rothe Valley yet - but they are getting the blue overflow bonus XP.

As for this thread - it's a waste of space. As for those who proclaim "I don't need new power points, I don't need this or that and wotnot" - good for you. If you don't need it, why comment to say that? It's okay, we all like to sound-off thinking others actually care at all (when they don't).

However my response to you is this: I want to fill in all my power points because it allows me to play. You know, "play; as in "have fun", by experimenting and playing with those powers I chose to bypass because I thought the ones I did choose were better. I may discover a change of mind this way.

In any case - Anything is better than nothing.

This thread has the stench of "I am disappointed that I am getting things I never got before and it's so little that it does not satisfy my entitlement mentality attitude, therefore it's a bad thing."

-shrugs-
  • kkmcoodleskkmcoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow... wasn't expecting so many negative responses to the thread... was merely looking for some suggestions as to what people might like to see the rewards used for in the future... i'm sure cryptic is open to suggestions... higher level enchantments maybe, or a coalescent ward... a few standard wards... these are some things i'd like to see, and since they are already given away in celestial coin boxes, i'm sure they could be easily added to XP rewards... so back to the purpose of the thread... anyone else have any suggestions...
  • biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am thrilled that the devs actually listened to our request and started giving us rewards for excessive exp. The power points are awesome. It can save some respecs and give us more freedom of choice in skills that we want to slot or maybe try out. RADs are awesome too. Stones are more than welcome. I could be more greedy, but it definitely beats nothing, and it actually makes the grinding for dailies feel more enjoyable.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have five level-60 Campfire Campers in PE - haven't even done Feywild yet - actually - haven't even done Rothe Valley yet - but they are getting the blue overflow bonus XP.

As for this thread - it's a waste of space. As for those who proclaim "I don't need new power points, I don't need this or that and wotnot" - good for you. If you don't need it, why comment to say that? It's okay, we all like to sound-off thinking others actually care at all (when they don't).

However my response to you is this: I want to fill in all my power points because it allows me to play. You know, "play; as in "have fun", by experimenting and playing with those powers I chose to bypass because I thought the ones I did choose were better. I may discover a change of mind this way.

In any case - Anything is better than nothing.

This thread has the stench of "I am disappointed that I am getting things I never got before and it's so little that it does not satisfy my entitlement mentality attitude, therefore it's a bad thing."

-shrugs-

So if they give 5.000.000 AD to each person, it will be good just because it's free?, even if it ruins the game?, I don't like the thinking that "if it's free, then it's good", I think you need to see other aspects to know if something is good or bad...

For me...

Your post has the stench of "I am pleased that I am getting things I never got before and it does satisfy my entitlement mentality attitude, therefore it's a good thing."

And it has no more weight than the thread...
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If I may guess, the ones with purple full bars haven't been to IWD yet? I think that's where the xp overflow starts.
    Blue indicates bonus XP.

Nah none of my 60s can go there and they got the blue xp day one.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A good addition would be a rare chance to get a point that lets you increase a stat one point (str dex wis etc)

THAT would be awesome.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can not understand why this thread was made!!! roflmao

I love the free power point and look forward too maxing out a few trees + maybe in the future lv 65 or even 70 toons can already have the last power point row accessible on day 1.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it's cool to have more power points, but the Tome of Experience (5k BOA) is the better reward for me. Nothing to complain, really pleased.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    A good addition would be a rare chance to get a point that lets you increase a stat one point (str dex wis etc)

THAT would be awesome.

...Personally I think that would be a bad idea; way too much of a power creep for old characters.
    jintortle wrote: »
    I can not understand why this thread was made!!! roflmao

I love the free power point and look forward too maxing out a few trees + maybe in the future lv 65 or even 70 toons can already have the last power point row accessible on day 1.

Power point, not Feat point. These are very different things (and feat points would be broken as can be...). Power points are your actual attacks.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    And yes, this thread won't live long I suppose. It'll turn to flaming and namecalling soon enough.

That would be unfortunate. And I also do apologize to anyone who may have taken my comment as a snide remark or as a negative response. I was just passing along that I really do appreciate the bonus rewards - anything is better than nothing.

(I also know I tend to speak, and write rather frankly and it can come-off as derogatory or snide remarks, but never intended to be that way).
    kkmcoodles wrote: »
    Wow... wasn't expecting so many negative responses to the thread

Which allows me to follow-up with what I've said above: we tend to read written statement in the same mood we may be feeling or have a proclivity to presume. It's a lot easier to presume a negative response than a positive one, so many responses may appear to be negative when they weren't intended to be.

I try hard to always give commentators the benefit of the doubt in that regard, but my rather straight-forwardness gets me into trouble all the time - face to face as well as commentary posted on forums! :)

Hell, my Twitter profile states outright "I will probably offend you somehow". LOL
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »
    "Nothing isn't better or worse than anything, nothing is just nothing"

Somebody has been keeping up to date with Arya and the hounds road trip xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This isn't a complaint. I'm appreciative of Cryptic giving little rewards where there was none before. However, after I received a tome of experience and a tome of companion experience for my reward I did think to myself "Did I just grind out a bunch of experience in order to earn...more experience? Hmmmm...I'm on to you Cryptic!"

It is somewhat humorous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Of course they are better then nothing! I like the extra points quite a bit actually :)
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a manner of speaking before I close out this thread, I'll just quote myself from a similar thread that hasn't turned into a trollfest....
    ....it is undoubtedly better than the previous reward of a warm cup of jack squat.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.