test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP GWF and holding points

squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hi guys,

I recently respecced into the Destroyer spec but I'm still using my defensive gears. However, I do not know what are the optimal stats for my gwf which I aim to hold points with and excel in 2v1 or even 3v1.

What stats should be having the most emphasis for a PVP Gwf which aims to hold points.

Can you guys rank it and also give an optimal stat number for it.

Deflect, Defence, Power, Crit, Regen, Life Steal, Arm Pen, HP.

For Example:

1. 2000 Deflect
2. 3000 Def
3. 35k HP

This would basically mean that deflect is the most important and should be my top priority followed my defence.

As for my stats,

I currently have 8xx tenacity and do not know where I should focus more on.

My Pvp stats will be shown below.

34k HP
4061 Power
1667 Crit
1547 ArmPen
803 Recovery
2781 Defense
1428 Deflect
1541 Regen
0 Life Steal
34.3% Deflect

1. Is there anything that I need to do with Life Steal to optimize my GWF for point holding?

2. I can sub out my current weapons (CN set) for Sharpened Ice Axe and some random sword knot to boost my Arm Pen to about 2k and boost my Regeneration to 1.7k, however this will reduce my weapon damage, power and also crit chance, Should i stick with CN weapons or more defensive weapons?

3. I can also sub out my 2x Greater Ring of Health for rings that boost my ArmPen to 2k but this will reduce my Regen to about 1.3k, should I stick with HP rings or change them to ArmPen rings?

4. What would you suggest to increase more tankiness? Deflect? Life Steal? Regen? Defense?
Post edited by squirtlejiggly on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You need more HP. You need at least 36-40k HP if you even want a chance at going 2v1 for any length of time over 20 seconds.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    You need more HP. You need at least 36-40k HP if you even want a chance at going 2v1 for any length of time over 20 seconds.

Is that even possible while maintaining my other stats? Wouldn't this mean i have to use r8 enchants or higher?

edit: I do not have AD for upgrades to r8 :/ What other stats should I increase besides my hp?
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    You doing it wrong.

You should use AOW set and stack armor pen/crit.

Go for the one-shot wonder!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You doing it wrong.

You should use AOW set and stack armor pen/crit.

Go for the one-shot wonder!

That wouldn't hold points very well. Thanks for your input anyway
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That wouldn't hold points very well. Thanks for your input anyway

Yup I was trolling.

Seriously If you wanna hold point go sentinel.

Any destroyer die in a 2 v 1, fast. No point to over stack defensive stats. Bottom line: It doesn't matter how tanky you are, when two gwf come at you with full stack you gonna die, period. Actually you would die to just one if he have daily and crit his rotation. So if you gonna play destroyer you just need to kill things before they kill you.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I recently respecced into the Destroyer spec I aim to hold points with and excel in 2v1 or even 3v1.

I think it's in the Preview Server part of the forum that I saw a post by an high-end Destr with R10s everywhere, perfects whatever-you-name-it weapon and armour enchants etc etc, his conclusion was that it just does not work.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yup I was trolling.

Seriously If you wanna hold point go sentinel.

Any destroyer die in a 2 v 1, fast. No point to over stack defensive stats. Bottom line: It doesn't matter how tanky you are, when two gwf come at you with full stack you gonna die, period. Actually you would die to just one if he have daily and crit his rotation. So if you gonna play destroyer you just need to kill things before they kill you.

Now that's a valuable input :P

anyway, even if i were to respec back to sentinel, what should my defensive specs look like?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    I think it's in the Preview Server part of the forum that I saw a post by an high-end Destr with R10s everywhere, perfects whatever-you-name-it weapon and armour enchants etc etc, his conclusion was that it just does not work.

Does the sentinel/destroyer really matter when actually it's the gear which makes you tanky? I know that sentinel have some influence in defensive stats, etc. But do they really have such a HUGE influence?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Now that's a valuable input :P

anyway, even if i were to respec back to sentinel, what should my defensive specs look like?

Stack defense/deflect/HP/Regen. Lifesteal is useless.

Go for 1200 armor pen/ 1200 crit at the very least. After you stack the above.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Stack defense/deflect/HP/Regen. Lifesteal is useless.

Go for 1200 armor pen/ 1200 crit at the very least. After you stack the above.

How much defense/deflect/HP/Regen should i stack?

Another question is, PvE has an 24% soft cap for ArmPen

Does the same apply to PvP too?
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No it doesnt
    Just look at ur own damage mitigation or gfs who are normally at >40%.
    Going for more arm pen cant hurt , but dont go before u have ur softcaps on the defensive stats.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No it doesnt
    Just look at ur own damage mitigation or gfs who are normally at >40%.
    Going for more arm pen cant hurt , but dont go before u have ur softcaps on the defensive stats.

What is the difference between soft caps and hard caps?

What are the soft AND hard caps of the defensive stats?
  • Options
    janus408janus408 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2014
    Does the sentinel/destroyer really matter when actually it's the gear which makes you tanky? I know that sentinel have some influence in defensive stats, etc. But do they really have such a HUGE influence?

Sentinel gets you 20% defensive effectiveness and 10-15% more deflect. Yeah, it matters
    image.php?u=98731135&type=sigpic&dateline=1402362156
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    janus408 wrote: »
    Sentinel gets you 20% defensive effectiveness and 10-15% more deflect. Yeah, it matters

I see, thanks!

Currently i have 813 Tenacity with full Sentinel Grim Set. I also have 50k Glory.

Any idea what should i spend them on?

Should i spend them on profound necklaces + rings + belt? If i were to get the accesories at the Trades of Blades, it would mean that i would lose hp + regeneration but gain in other stat like arm pen and Deflect.

Or

Should i spend them on the profound weapons. If i should, which profound weapon should i get? Destroyer, Sentinel or Instigator?