test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please make transmutation cost Gold!

pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
You probably have no idea on how many people want this to happen, we all want to customize our characters but the 51K AD each piece if just over-the-top. So we stay with generic gear and *maybe* transmute a single piece here are there (Not sure about everyone but it's how I feel/do).

Can it cost something like 15 gold? Would be a reasonable price.

Please consider this :[
Post edited by pandora1x on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A few responses:

1) I love your idea, but I'm fairly certain it won't happen for a few reasons...

2) People love their toon looking cool and will pay to do so. So it really is in Cryptic's best business interest to keep transmutation AD only.

3) If you want a low budget way to do it, simply buy a cosmetic outfit. Then you can switch gear like crazy and still look the same. Of course, you'll have to spend on a weapon transmute if you'd like that.

Peace, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A few responses:

1) I love your idea, but I'm fairly certain it won't happen for a few reasons...

2) People love their toon looking cool and will pay to do so. So it really is in Cryptic's best business interest to keep transmutation AD only.

3) If you want a low budget way to do it, simply buy a cosmetic outfit. Then you can switch gear like crazy and still look the same. Of course, you'll have to spend on a weapon transmute if you'd like that.

Peace, Trace.

Well I'm thinking that, since this Gold transmutation thing would make players VERY happy. Then they would be motivated to buy other stuff from the Zen store :P

I know it would for me.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree with the op. The 51k AD pricing is completely ridiculous. I will not spent that much AD on something that is rendered void the moment i equip a new item in that slot (which is something that happens all the time in an MMO).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yes, i agree, the cost is too much for just cosmetic appearances, i think spending gold coins would be great, i am piling up in coins with nothing i need to spend but only for kits.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    Well I'm thinking that, since this Gold transmutation thing would make players VERY happy. Then they would be motivated to buy other stuff from the Zen store :P

I know it would for me.

I don't really see the correlation between making transmuting cost gold and buying from the zen store...

Sure, make transmutes cost gold. 51g each right?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    I don't really see the correlation between making transmuting cost gold and buying from the zen store...

Sure, make transmutes cost gold. 51g each right?

51g per transmute would be a vast improvement over what we have currently. An Enchanted Key costs (roughly) 51k AD, and sells for about 130g. Buying 2 keys for 102k AD and then selling them for 260g would allow you to transmute 5 items, under the current system the amount you spend for 2 keys would transmute 2 items.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Or keep the 51k price but make the transmutation part of the character, so that we can at a later time change the apearence of the item if we change the piece of equipment.
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    here's another reason why it won't happen: Transmutation is one of the few things that actually removes AD from circulation.

without a number of effective AD sinks, the economy spirals out of control through inflation
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thing is that it s just a sink for really rich ppl. It s the same that happened before with the enchantments, nobody enchanted anything untill rank 10 in the best armor, because it costed a lot to remove.
    Now if "transmute" actually created some sort of visual enchantment that you could remove and put into another piece of equipment then i ll gladly pay 50k AD even a bit more.