test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reroll Ability Scores with Respec Tokens

raleanaraleana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
I believe at this point in time it's not possible to reroll a character's ability scores. Is there any chance this will be changed in a future update?

I unfortunately put my Trickster Rogue's highest scores in Dexterity and Charisma, when my build is much better suited to a high Dexterity and Intelligence. With the respec tokens working as they are, the best I can do is shift four points over to Int from Cha, which isn't really worth it.
Post edited by raleana on

Comments

• Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I sure hope so, I actually have deleited one of my characters in the past when I realised how messed up my stats were and i would have been happy to pay even 1k zen to fix them but oh well....
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    and i would have been happy to pay even 1k zen to fix them but oh well....

Hmmm money-maker? Take note cryptic!
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lol well im just surprized there isnt a total charactor full remake token. like race stat rolls feets and powers and apearence change. sure the full stat feet and power token is 300zen but still if you dident pick the right origional specs it can make that almost worthless...
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I also would buy Zen immediately if the token would reset initial attribute roll

I even know of people who deleted their toon and played him from the start. I think those people would have bought a token as well, if you could reroll the initial roll.

Good money opportunity for you here cryptic, please change that and I am glad to give you my money! (for this very good free to play game experience)
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    +1 again.

I'm even okay with reincarnating and re-playing my character from level 1 again. Just implement it, please.
  • Options
    raleanaraleana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Replaying for level 1 would sort of defeat the purpose, since the whole point is avoiding making a whole knew character, but I like the idea of it being called a "reincarnate" token. After all, in D&D reincarnations do change your race and stats.

Come on cryptic! What do you say to a reincarnation token that lets players re-choose their race and stats to better fit their desired builds?
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    raleana wrote: »
    Replaying for level 1 would sort of defeat the purpose, since the whole point is avoiding making a whole knew character, but I like the idea of it being called a "reincarnate" token. After all, in D&D reincarnations do change your race and stats.

Come on cryptic! What do you say to a reincarnation token that lets players re-choose their race and stats to better fit their desired builds?
    It's just re-leveling, and you still keep your currencies, gears, boons, companions, professions, etc, so it isn't the same as making a new character. The reason to re-level from level 1 is to make it reasonable and conform to roleplaying. And ofc it would be great if we don't need to re-level again.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Anyone know if there is a contact address for Arc Games? I doubt the producers watch the forums much, but an actual printed letter suggesting the implementation of a "reincarnation token" might spark some interest, especially if it is presented as a business opportunity. After all, we all agree we'd be willing to pay for such a token.
  • Options
    mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    raleana wrote: »
    I believe at this point in time it's not possible to reroll a character's ability scores. Is there any chance this will be changed in a future update?

I unfortunately put my Trickster Rogue's highest scores in Dexterity and Charisma, when my build is much better suited to a high Dexterity and Intelligence. With the respec tokens working as they are, the best I can do is shift four points over to Int from Cha, which isn't really worth it.

There is a new thread about this at least monthly. It is probably the most asked for feature. People have said over and over they would pay almost anything for an ability re-roll token.

I don't think they like money, it's the only explanation, or they just don't like people playing their game... One of those two.

Personally they could not put a price on it that I would not pay. I hate leveling and do not have a lot of time to reroll a toon just for ability scores.

There is simply no reason to not offer this. (Except some of the RPers don't like the idea, but they can just RP that it doesn't exist)
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If u are eager to min-max it, just reroll a new one. I waited for a year and finally rerolled a new one at the launch of M3. You want to wait for M4 and M5? Sorry, i am out.
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is the 5 thread on this topic the first one was around 9 months ago. Some things never change.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It's just re-leveling, and you still keep your currencies, gears, boons, companions, professions, etc, so it isn't the same as making a new character. The reason to re-level from level 1 is to make it reasonable and conform to roleplaying. And ofc it would be great if we don't need to re-level again.

Exactly.

Plus, if you are knowledgeable about this game, you can easily level your toon to 60
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Buying an ability score re-roll token is no different than just going into the Zen store and buying a 60th level character. Also if you reroll your ability scores so that one stat is maxed out at 18 points, you are actually cheating yourself out of points. Any roll that has an 18 in it will only give you 72 points to distribute, whereas a roll with a 15 as it's highest will give you 77 points to distribute.

I don't think you want to call it a "reincarnation" token. That means you died and whoever (your heirs) or whatever (the monster that killed you) has now distributed your gear. You are reborn with your powers, skills, and talents intact.

I have posted in the previous threads how this could be accomplished without a purchase and in keeping with the lore of D&D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]