test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steam and Arc

jstiddyjstiddy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have both steam and Arc and have always purchased zen Via Steam Wallet. It is much faster and easier. However I am changing to Arc because not eligible for the first Time Buyers Pack if you use steam. My main question is, how do I access Arc in game? When i shift + tab it opens Steam. How can I make it open Arc in game? Also, how long does it take for the reviewing process? It isn't instant like steam. Made the purchase about 20min ago with a credit card and it still says 'Reviewing'. Should I expect it to take a long time? Thank you
Post edited by jstiddy on

Comments

• klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi, I too have both clients and have recently switched to Arc for Neverwinter for similar reasons.

If you run the game through Arc, it should open Arc overlay instead of the steam 1.

You need to click the "Play" button from the Arc client. My advice would be to completely exit Steam and run the Arc client then click the "Play" button from there. The overlay should be Arc's since Steam is off. If it isn't then something is seriously wrong.

For me, the time between payment and getting the ZEN is less than 1 to 2 minutes. I make my payments via Paypal.

Thus, it is taking quite a bit too long for your case. If the ZEN still doesn't come after a very long period, you might want to contact support.
  • jstiddyjstiddy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you very much. The zen finally came. The reviewing process took about an hour though it seemed like. Next time I will do pay pal. I will take your advice and just completely turn steam off. That should do it. Thanks again.
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    There is also another funny thing. ARC-Bashers claim that ARC is 'Resource hungry Bloatware'. Fact is, right now, ARC is little more than a glorified Webbrowser (think Chrome) for the ARC Version of PWE's Website (was easy to notice when, a couple weeks ago, the PWE Websites had severe issues), while Steam integrates the components into the Client.