test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poor graphics quality

bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Is anyone else experiencing poor graphics quality since the update?

I havent noticed any "known issues" posts on this matter.

My graphics quality for the highest settings is only marginally better than the lowest settings, and even in highest, it is now pretty poor and blocky. In particular, my character texturing in highest quality setting is almost identical to the lowest setting version.

What am I doing wrong? Prior to the update, my texture quality was awesome. Any ideas?

I am running an i7 (2.5 or 2.6 ... cant recall), 6gb RAM, nvidia 550ti, 1960x1080 (1080p) screen size.

Thanks.
Post edited by bhurab on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    What settings are you using exactly because I have never heard of such a thing happening?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hello,
    Just using the sliders, and moving them both from lowest to highest. While there is some improvement in the world quality (not as nice as the quality detail I had before Mod3), my character texture pretty much remains blocky and "fuzzy", like a low texture toon. Does that help?
    Settings: display: 1920x1080, Windowed Maximum *, 50hz refresh **, the auto setting for the next one down, no anti-aliasing
    graphics: (as above, just using both the sliders from lowest to highest)
    - and I am running Windows 7 64bit

* incidentally, my fullscreen is also odd - if I set to fullscreen, and the try alt-tab back to my desktop for whatever reason, when I return to the game it has been updated to Windowed Max and no longer fullscreen. Also, sometimes when I alt-tab, my windows task bar appears, but the game is still shown as the desktop... it doesnt always disappear / minimize
    ** and while we are on the topic: if I set the refresh to 50hz and "apply", the game updates and switches to 50hz. If I then go back to 60hz and "apply", the game does nothing, but says 60hz. If I then select 50hz again and "apply", the screen updates again, only this time back to 60hz, although the settings now show 50hz.

I have had this issue since day 1, where the alt-tab and the refresh rates dont consistently work, and these settings (Full or Window and the refresh rates) are not consistently saved in settings (each time i play i need to amend them).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think I should take some screen shots, and see I can upload them.
  • Options
    farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My game was all fuzzy as well, after much trial&error what worked for me was setting the "resolution scale" under the display tab in the graphics all the way to the right. After that I just lowered the graphics and upped the rendering sliders until I was happy with the results.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ah, man, thank you! I feel like a neanderthal... I kept breezing over that setting without realising it. Yes, that resolution scale was set at 50%, so all the graphics were only 50% quality... now that it is on 100%, my graphics are awesome again. Thanks!
  • Options
    farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Took me forever to realize what the issue was as well :)
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    That's what it sounded like it was but I didn't want to say "are you sure the resolution is correct?"

Tends to result in answers like "I am not stupid that is the first thing I checked <censored>!"
    Glad you found and resolved the problem. :)
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's what it sounded like it was but I didn't want to say "are you sure the resolution is correct?"

Tends to result in answers like "I am not stupid that is the first thing I checked <censored>!"
    Glad you found and resolved the problem. :)

and yet none the less when you call tech support about something not working the first thing they ask is..."are you sure it is plugged?" guess there's a good reason for that lol
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    farla47 wrote: »
    My game was all fuzzy as well, after much trial&error what worked for me was setting the "resolution scale" under the display tab in the graphics all the way to the right. After that I just lowered the graphics and upped the rendering sliders until I was happy with the results.

Many thanks for this. That's exactly what got reset on me last patch. :o

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My graphics are amazingly better since the update. Maybe they adjusted that setting for me,
    but it looks crisp even with most of the settings lowered. Will have to tell my friend, tho, since
    his did go fuzzy. ty
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    jubeikibagamejubeikibagame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    farla47 wrote: »

My apologies for the redundancy, but could you explain this a bit more? The resolution scale is at 1.0, and all of the graphics settings are maxed out... The game looked flawless before, but now it's "fuzzy." It's my wife's PC, and she says it's like a night and day difference. Thanks in advance, and again, sorry for the redundancy.