test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWFs: Will you be Destroyer or Sent, with Purified or Corrupted gear?

janus408janus408 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I am curious who plans on doing what?

Will you go Destroyer in full Corrupted gear/weapons to squeeze out as much damage as possible? Will you go Sentinel and full Purified to eke out the most survivability you can? Will you go some kind of Hybrid? Purified gear and weapons on a Destroyer with Barkshield could be a real force (800 absorption ever 3 seconds for 15 seconds, Barkshield refresh every 8 seconds, weapon proc for 1200 healing with 1800-7200 healing over 18s)?
image.php?u=98731135&type=sigpic&dateline=1402362156
Post edited by janus408 on

Comments

• Options
    squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2014
    Hi guys, apologies for not checking out in game first.

But can anyone update me on what are purified/corrupted gears?
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    janus408 wrote: »
    I am curious who plans on doing what?

Will you go Destroyer in full Corrupted gear/weapons to squeeze out as much damage as possible? Will you go Sentinel and full Purified to eek out the most survivability you can?

Ok, that made me snort coffee over the keyboard, visions of a mouse GWF trying to "eek out". I am guessing you meant "eke out"? Anyway, I suppose, the answer to your question for most folks will be product of where the "survivability break-even" points are- whether going max damage actually reduces your DPS due to downtime vs being able to stand in the red and keep swinging. We'll see. Testing needed.
  • Options
    mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    GWF's are trash now, roll a GF or CW you will be much happier.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mehpvpmeh wrote: »
    GWF's are trash now, roll a GF or CW you will be much happier.

This was meant to be a serious thread. If you want to crack jokes, there is an off-topic section.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    But can anyone update me on what are purified/corrupted gears?

Here is a good place to start.
  • Options
    squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2014
    I may be a minority. But i think a perfect balance can be reached by having..

Destroyer spec

Purified Gear

and

Corrupted weapons

just like how most pvp builds are pre mod 3 (excluding the destroyer spec).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I guess it depends on the play style you are going in PVC. As I see it GWFs can go a few ways.

1) solo on pt as a holder with max survivability (sent spec/bark/purified gear/purified weapon).

2) roamer to clear pts (destroyer spec/either weapon and gear combo could work).

3) rogue-ish home node holder (Destroyer/full corrupted) to dps single players (probably a rogue) down quick. On death you spawn nearby so being a glass-cannon isn't an issue. Running destroyer class feature/trample could be serious spike damage.

Purified weapons make the most sense if you are on the center point doing 2v2 or 3v3 most of the match with how it's proc works. It would also make the most sense to be destroyer spec here as my DC or support dps (cw or hr) would be the targets before me, so the survivability from sent isn't necessary, and the eps from destroyer could mean the difference between winning and losing the matchup.

I guess being a pest at the enemy point as full sent and defensive gear would force one of theirs out of the match requiring them to stay on me. And respawners would be tempted to come and try to 2v1 me, which even if I die and they cap, one of my guys on mid would have rotated to block by them.

I don't know what I am going to do yet. I've got 6 days(?) until I can upgrade my gear, or 25(?), but I am leaning towards corrupted gear and purified weapons.
  • Options
    mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    janus408 wrote: »
    This was meant to be a serious thread. If you want to crack jokes, there is an off-topic section.

My apologies sir, I was unaware this was a fer serial thread, I assumed it was a troll.
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    destroyer, but neither set lol. tier 1 ftw.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I already have everything for purified gear and both the purified weapon set and the corrupted weapon set so I am going to test it in a few weeks when I have the rep to craft it.

I am thinking destroyer with purified/purified or sentinel with purified armor and corrupted weapons will win out.