test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ice Wind Dale patch and the Foundry

apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Foundry
Well now,

This looks promising :)

panderus wrote: »
Foundry

Added Icewind Dale related maps and props.
There is new music events added!

Source http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635631-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140314a-5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
Ravenloft
Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
Post edited by apocrs1980 on

Comments

• Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, it looks nice. Here is a list of the common enemies I have found that are likely to be added by the way.

Frost Giant: Solo Difficulty

These have control immunity. They perform a slow cleave with their axe that does a knockback. They also can smash their axe into their target. These enemies also are able to rush at far away targets closing ground and punching them with their fist.

Dire Polar Bear: Solo Difficulty

Performs animal attacks of various speeds.

Deathlock Wight: Elite Difficulty

An elite difficulty version of the Deathlock Wight currently in the foundry. This version summons two Chillborn Zombies (See below.) instead of the normal four Rotter Zombies the current version uses.

Yeti Rampager: Elite Difficulty

These perform a charge attack that creates and red path and then charges through it dealing damage and a knockdown to anything it hits. It also can create a red cone in front of it and then screams, stuning and dealing damage to anything it hits. They also perform a basic melee claw attack.

Polar Bear: Elite Difficulty

Performs basic animal attacks.

Shaman: Elite Difficulty

This is one of the more unique enemies. One of its abilities makes everything nearby immune to damage and give itself some temporary hit points. It will not attack while doing this. Once the temporary hit points run out, the damage immunity on the other enemies is removed. This enemy also can summon a standard difficulty ghost bear.

In addition, it has a couple other basic attacks.

Bear Rider: Elite Difficulty

This encounter is interesting in that it is a human riding on a bear. I will talk more about the costume later.

One of the main abilities this encounter has creates a red path in front of it and then charges through it after a few seconds. Players hit by the charge take damage an are knocked down. The rider can throw spears as a basic ranged attack that seems to have no cooldown. The bear can perform a basic melee attack that also doesn't seem to have a cooldown. The enemy uses ranged AI so the bear won't be anything other than its charge unless the player gets close.

I don't know how they will function with customization or a different costume. I also don't know how using the costume for a different enemy will work. When the foundry comes up on preview I will test that and update this post.

Battle Wight: Standard Difficulty

As seen in the foundry currently but with a club instead of an axe.

Wight Commander: Standard Difficulty

The Battle Wight Commander currently seen in the foundry but standard difficulty instead of elite difficulty.

Winter Wolf: Standard Difficulty

As seen in winterforge encounters.

Raider: Standard Difficulty

This enemy carries a very big club. Its main attack is a cleave that has a pretty short cooldown. This is the only thing he does if the player is standing next to him. If he is charging at the player, he will smash his club into them when he reaches them which does damage. I think more then the cleave.

Beast Handler: Standard Difficulty

These are usually seen with several Hunting Hounds (See below). They usually start the battle by empowering all nearby Hunting Hounds with a massive buff. They take 2-3 times as long to bring down with and likely do more damage as well. I have confirmed that they can do this again if they live long enough. They also can pull out a trumpet and summon two more Hunting Hounds.

Their basic attacks involve hitting the player or companions/friendly encounters with a
    one handed club.

Hunting Hounds: Minion Difficulty

Basic wolves, similar to the ones in the werewolf encounter. They are the only enemy I have proven is effected by the Beast Handler's buff.

Huntsman: Minion Difficulty

These enemies carry two one handed axes. One of their attacks throws several axes hitting everyone in front of them. They also have a single target axe throw. Oddly, they can not actually melee with their axes and are fully ranged.

Chillborn Zombie: Minion Difficulty

Exactly like the current Rotter Zombies except it explodes upon death dealing damage and freezing anything caught in the explosion. Think Rimefire Golems found in the Winterforge Encounters.

Gravehound: Minion Difficulty

Performs a basic animal attack. I think it also does a leap.

These are not very common and I have not been able to get one singled out for testing yet. I will update this post when I do.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow! That's great news!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shamen: Elite Difficulty

Hoping this is a typo on your part and not (as usual) their part?
    s/b "Shaman" ?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Hoping this is a typo on your part and not (as usual) their part?
    s/b "Shaman" ?

I make a lot of typos so that is likely. I'm on preview now so I'll make sure before editing.

Yep, typo on my part. Fixed
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh, more music! that's amazing, I hoe they'll get to fix the bug of non playing sounds and music in the foundry.
    Also I hope they included the winter festival music, I loved it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    THESE SOUND SO AWESOME! I really hope these make it into the Foundry for everybody! They look like so much fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »
    THESE SOUND SO AWESOME! I really hope these make it into the Foundry for everybody! They look like so much fun!

According to Panderus, there are coming, but in a later patch and not with the initial module 3.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A later patch as in Mod 4? Or like a mini update soon after the main Mod 3 update is all sorted out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A later patch as in Mod 4? Or like a mini update soon after the main Mod 3 update is all sorted out?

Like a patch sometime between Module 3 and 4 I assume.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok. So if it's going to be in between, about how long has it typically been between mods, so I have a range of what time frames that could be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Generally 4 months or so.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Like a patch sometime between Module 3 and 4 I assume.

I can't seem to find his forum post -- I also can't recall if he said before or after module 4.
    I do recall he said it would be a definite focus though.
    I hope it's before module 4.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Nope - that was the one about some of the new IWD mobs being added.
    Shortly after that he posted about devs actually focusing on a foundry development phase.
    I can't recall if he mentioned it being before or after module 4 though.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Shortly after that he posted about devs actually focusing on a foundry development phase.

I'll believe it when I see it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Yeah, I thought Bardaaron was talking about the new mobs. Did I misread something? (I do that a lot so it wouldn't surprise me.)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You were correct, orangefiree. At least I think so. Though I think of "mobs" as large group. Or wait, was that post just saying that those mobs would be SEEN in the Icewind Dale official content, and not be added to the foundry?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You were correct, orangefiree. At least I think so. Though I think of "mobs" as large group. Or wait, was that post just saying that those mobs would be SEEN in the Icewind Dale official content, and not be added to the foundry?

No, right the first time - he was talking about mobs being added AFTER the module release -- since they are already IN the module 3 IWD area, I think it's safe to say he meant being added to foundry encounters -- which was also in context with the forum thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok good. Then I am all caught up. At some point between now and September, it is PROBABLE that those will be added to the Foundry. Here's hoping sooner, rather than later...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]