test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What have you done to my graphics!!!!

captainrubber1captainrubber1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Anyone else having terrible lag, crashes and awful warping since the patch?

I've tried everything I can think of and googled the subject to death but can't seem to get any settings that work :(

Using Nvidia game experience to launch the game instead of steam/ arc has helped with the crashing and also optimizing game via the Nvidia control panel has given me slightly better fps.

I'm suffering to the point of 2 or 3 fps in most places which obviously means the game is unplayable. Anyone have any useful suggestions???

Gforce GTX 550ti, 8 Gb ram, AMD-FX 6 core processor (all latest drivers installed etc)

Ambient occlusion: off; Shadows; low; Post processing: off

Any help would be nice. Thanks all
Post edited by captainrubber1 on

Comments

• ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I crashed twice in Gauntlgrym yesterday, once during loading and once during a big fight.

I don't remember ever crashing there (and I don't really remember the game crashing recently), so something certainly changed.
  • iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've had similar graphics issues with the 580 GTX as well, since beta even. As far as I can tell something is wonky in their support for nvidia 4/5/6 series cards.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep , no idea what they have done to the graphics , I have been through every possible configuration I can and nothing helps , I'm hoping that once the number of players subsides it will be more playable , before the patch I had no graphic issues but now its a mess.

Edit - Also I tested module 3 for almost 2 months it was up for testing and never had the issues I'm having now.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same here in certain places. GTX 760 ftw overclocked and in certain places I have such lag that it has taken me 25 seconds to even type out the words "lag" in chat. I have always run this game on maxed settings and never ever experienced even a hint of lag until now (well network lag on occasions but never video lag). I have noticed it most in SP around concentrations of plaguefire and I suppose there is a connection because I can move the fight into an area where there is no plaguefire and grab an extra 15 adds or so and the lag is gone.
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Might be the wizards with their weird orbs these days!
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had very slow frame rate yesterday because it reset my video settings to "recommended" I disabled bloom and shadows and a few others to get it back to where it was before the update. Its still slow in Caer-Conig, but not as bad as "recommended".
  • kelly1389kelly1389 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Might be the wizards with their weird orbs these days!

My CW was 50x more laggy than my GWF last night.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've had the same issue. CN is horribly lagged in several hallways now. NEVER happened no matter what the graphic settings prior to Mod 3.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Well, oddly graphics seem better for me after the update.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • captainrubber1captainrubber1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It does appear to be a gfx lag rather than a server lag. I get lag spikes no matter what my settings are on

Just tested in full and low graphics and have the same results. Standing still facing the wall my fps was 9, 56, 12 ..... no movement or anything else on screen and still this massive difference in fps.

Me thinks this is a Nvidia issue.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have the same problem i use the same setting before mod3 (Full Graph Settings and no problem at all) "pre PrtSc from mod2 ". Now i have big lag, 1 thing i have noticed the txaa is missing from options mybe this is the problem cuz i turn it to none but still have problems seeing BIG White Boxes instead flame effects ,or after opening map to move elsewhere i only see white map and the icons of protectorate and othe places this issue also has a great effect on switching characters on characet select screen all of them turn intoo white dummys.
    MY Max Physics Debrys Objects is on 0.
    I try to lower my Graphic even the lowest ending have this effect .
    I need from Graphic desinger or some pro programmer some advice the new options tuned my awesome looking game into garbage all, new PC games run on my PC with full Graphic 16x anti etc....
    Also my internet connection is cool 40mb down up &10 up ping 16ms

Intel 3300 cpu 3.GHZ 4 core
    RAM:8 GB tunning DDR4
    Win7 64 bit
    Nvidia Gforce 650GTX for gaming
    DDR5 4096mb

I cant enjoy the IWD rigth now sadly :(.
    I also have some rare Crashes with no mssg if i join DPVP or GPVP.

This is why i dont understand my issue .

"from ZEBULAR"
    [QUOTE="I've not experienced any lag or graphics issues at all in Icewind Dale, or anywhere in Neverwinter for that matter since Mod 3. And then when I did prior, it was only in PE near the courier. Was in some large encounters early this morning, game was running fluidly the whole time. Most of my settings are maxed, 2.5ghz dual core, 4gig ram, 2gig video ram, ATI HD 7770 - my system isn't that great but it runs Neverwinter like a dream. Bloom, Post Processing, and Shadows are the only things I have disabled."[/QUOTE]

I have 2 times better PC .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My laptop has certainly a weaker card (Nvidia GeForce GT 240M), but it was coping well with mod2, although on the lowest settings. Now, in spite of turning everything to low/min, the game client makes the laptop heat up by 10-15 more on the game startup as compared to mod 2, leading to overheating in around 2 hours of playing and it tends to crash to desktop in Icedale Pass (and the Vault of Nine, for some reason).

Btw, all changes in Advanced settings get reverted to default at client restart.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My laptop has certainly a weaker card (Nvidia GeForce GT 240M), but it was coping well with mod2, although on the lowest settings. Now, in spite of turning everything to low/min, the game client makes the laptop heat up by 10-15 more on the game startup as compared to mod 2, leading to overheating in around 2 hours of playing and it tends to crash to desktop in Icedale Pass (and the Vault of Nine, for some reason).

Btw, all changes in Advanced settings get reverted to default at client restart.

Also, if you decide to change the lighting quality, other options such as post processing and other visual fluff gets enabled automatically which is quite annoying.

---

The worst thing to me is, that they turned the distance sliders for terrain/map/character(s) into preset low, med, etc. options. Now if i want to play the game the way i used to i have to edit the ini. file manually.

I am not witnessing any DC issues or rubberbanding, though. (luckily)

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PLS can we have some technical support team answer what is the solution .
    Mybe option confing to make our game playable. I am realy desparate Mod 2 nw Graph was awesome vs Mod3 nw Graph more like DDO.

You can see my machine in upper post.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • ronald727ronald727 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm having the same issue with occasional lag, and Neverwinter crashing back to Desktop every 5 -10 minutes. Especially when fighting a Lair boss, such as the Zulkir in Phantasmal Fortress. My video card is an NVidia GTX 660 Ti, my computer has an 8 core AMD FX-8150 processor, and 16GB of RAM...
  • vahdyvahdy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did anyone try playing the game with Nvidia 3D vision ?
    it used to work perfectly before the update.. but after the new module 3 the game crashes every 3 min or so, specially during location transition or patching files.
    however when disabling the 3D vision i have no problems with the game.. no crashes or freezes.. but once i enable 3D vision it becomes unplayable (graphic card is Geforce gtx 765 with 2 G memory)
    anyone experiencing the same problem ?
    edited May 2014
    I never had any trouble before at max settings. Post module 3 whenever I am near plaguefire (seems to be the only culprit for me) or a CW casting some spell that has a similar effect, or anyone using a plaguefire enchantment then I will lag so bad that it takes me half a minute to type the words "lag".

I realized this today in SP when I would be near any plaguefire spots I would start to lag terribly -- even if no mobs around. Away from the spots and even with 30 or more mobs around I had no lag. Also a CW entered and cast a spell with an effect similar to plaguefire and I again lagged (versus a single mob). Singularity with 50 mobs and no lag at all. There must be a connection there somewhere.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Graphics settings were reset with the release of module 3. For me, it maxed out everything, and I had to adjust my settings to a playable state.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
    edited May 2014
    arontimes wrote: »
    Graphics settings were reset with the release of module 3. For me, it maxed out everything, and I had to adjust my settings to a playable state.

I had everything maxed before and had no issues. I will look closer to see see if they added something new -- already checked to see if they has vsynch on and such.
  • cainlatranicainlatrani Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Very similar problem here.

I've played since launch on a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 and AMD Athlon II X2 220 processor 2.80 GHz.

I have never experienced any lag or any kind of problems at all. I usually run the game on medium settings, and everything has been fine until the last update. Now, my graphics are so scrambled at log in that I can't even see to select a character. It's just giant red, blue and green stripes all over the screen. If there was a way to adjust my settings, I can't do it, because I can't see the settings menu.

So far, support has advised me to log into an alt character. That's pretty much been the extent of their help.

They changed something, and now the game doesn't run on my system. Hate to say it, but it looks like my Neverwinter adventures have ended.