test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are Iouns/Cats visible in open PvP while stealthed?

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Whole bunch of people were chasing me almost thru entire map, and they always knew where I was going...
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yup. Apparently it's WAI.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wow that seems to be slightly dumb then lol
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    wow that seems to be slightly dumb then lol

Id say more than slightly... Im just glad I didnt invest in any companions for open pvp yet since there is no point in going there as a tr...

Does companions affect any other classes tab power?

Anyway I wonder how devs imagine TRs in open pvp? Looks like they dont want us be stealth based, but we dont have really choice (thanks to all nerfs in the past) do we? So we are to chose between stealth or 3k~ extra stats (!) The problem is if we chose stealth we wont be able to kill 50k hp monsters runin around, and if we chose stats (companion) we will be dead in 10 seconds anyway...

They could make non-stealth tr builds more viable by puting some nice (useful) stats in new gear, but instead they put recovery as a main...
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Iouns should be steathed with you,.. as they are technically equipment. I can understand cats giving you away. Just another reason I can add to the list of why I don't pvp. :)
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why would a companion stealth? That seems ridiculous to me.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree, unless you happen to have one of the rogue type companions, then it should be able to stealth, and maybe the cat. Other companions shouldn't know where you are either, and therefore should stay put like a mob rather than follow you.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    All we need now is a TR with a totally unsuitable hawk companion.

"Why do birds suddenly appear,
    Every time you are near...
    "
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    they probably felt that ioun stone is not part of your body its is its own entity so they didnt think it should have the ability to cloak
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kolevra wrote: »

Kind of like how ridiculously far a dwarf can kick a 2 ton monster, eh?
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to imagine this isn't intended, since there was no intent on this aspect, more of a lack of intent.

Clearly augment companions SHOULD stealth, they are effectively equipment.

The problem comes from a need to implement a game mechanic which allows companions to stealth along with their owner, and all the extra work that would entail. Non-augment companions, having them stealth means they could attack/heal from stealth also, making them more effective for TRs than other classes so they would have to decide if that's a special case that doesn't get to stealth. They would have to decide on modifiers for the companion AI while it's stealthed, as a stealthed companion that attacks everything is worthless. And probably dozens of other tweaks and changes.

And if there's one thing I've learned from this game about Cryptic, it's that they aren't too fond of doing, or easily motivated to do, extra game mechanics. Not that I blame them much, more mechanics = more things that can go wrong.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    All we need now is a TR with a totally unsuitable hawk companion.

"Why do birds suddenly appear,
    Every time you are near...
    "

Just like me, they long to put a sword through you.
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Where are people getting this idea that augment pets are gear?
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014

In D&D an Ioun stone is a magic item just like your armour or weapon. It moves with you, and is subject to your skill at concealing yourself.

People here make a good argument that augment pets 'just add stats to you', thus should be 'part of you' when deciding whether they are stealth too.

'Stealth' is not a magical cloaking system like invisibility. it is simulating your ability to hide behind things. It is just simplified in this system.
  • Options
    mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Whole bunch of people were chasing me almost thru entire map, and they always knew where I was going...

It was just luck, no one knows you are there, continue on.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Funniest thing today was chasing a rogue and after he stealthed, following his ion stone which was bouncing up and down as he jumped away.

Rogues have a serious jumping problem.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Funniest thing today was chasing a rogue and after he stealthed, following his ion stone which was bouncing up and down as he jumped away.

Rogues have a serious jumping problem.

This guy is just trolling, no one can see you for real though.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Id say more than slightly... Im just glad I didnt invest in any companions for open pvp yet since there is no point in going there as a tr...

Does companions affect any other classes tab power?

Anyway I wonder how devs imagine TRs in open pvp? Looks like they dont want us be stealth based, but we dont have really choice (thanks to all nerfs in the past) do we? So we are to chose between stealth or 3k~ extra stats (!) The problem is if we chose stealth we wont be able to kill 50k hp monsters runin around, and if we chose stats (companion) we will be dead in 10 seconds anyway...

They could make non-stealth tr builds more viable by puting some nice (useful) stats in new gear, but instead they put recovery as a main...

"50K HP monsters" you say, so basically what you are complaining about is that you will not be the most OP as a perma stealth TR, instead those who stacked HP and DR will be at the top. Freaking elitists man, they wanna have all/kill all. Enough easy mode for anyone I say. Senties already lost their damage and if the visible pet is the perma stealth 'fix' so be it.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    On a more serious note, I'd probably look into a combat companion if I was playing a TR in the zone. They won't follow you when you're stealthed if they've already started attacking someone, and if you can find one that CC's, all the better.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    On a more serious note, I'd probably look into a combat companion if I was playing a TR in the zone. They won't follow you when you're stealthed if they've already started attacking someone, and if you can find one that CC's, all the better.
    The War Dog from the promo pack would be a decent choice as it has a prone. Wait 'till it's engaged, stealth up, attack while the prone is in play.

Sounds simple enough.:p
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

Because they are. In D&D, they're a head slot item. Turning them into a "creature" of sorts for this video game is obviously causing a bit of confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_item_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited May 2014

to avoid pulls on pve to be passive (aka no hits on random mobs nearby) not gonna happen crypto cares only about issue's like i cant buy zen or something related to money Dollors Ieuros
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    "50K HP monsters" you say, so basically what you are complaining about is that you will not be the most OP as a perma stealth TR, instead those who stacked HP and DR will be at the top. Freaking elitists man, they wanna have all/kill all. Enough easy mode for anyone I say. Senties already lost their damage and if the visible pet is the perma stealth 'fix' so be it.

Because of the nerfs to ALL burst "op" perma TRs have very little choices left but to stack def and recovery and use chip dmg. It is hella annoying to die from but this kind of childish hyperbole is WHY it is the only option left for TRs. And also why they have a sever disadvantage with being the only class who cannot use a stone/cat. People like you are the problem, not TRs. (who actually need several buffs.

Buff shocking back to viability, impact shot, and make lashing slightly easier to hit then talk about TRs being in line with other classes. IDK why people demonize this class so much it isnt as strong as HRs, GWFs and even smart CWs.
  • Options
    franklin223franklin223 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Because they are. In D&D, they're a head slot item. Turning them into a "creature" of sorts for this video game is obviously causing a bit of confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_item_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29

This is really going to blow your mind then... In D&D, rogues do not actually get invisibility. Instead they conceal themselves in and around shadows only; never fully disappearing. Letting rogues fully disappear outside of shadows for this video game cause many of us great confusion.

Perhaps if rogues could only hide in shadows and not everywhere in the open world, their might be a little more consideration given.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    emilemo wrote: »

First Im not perma, Im stacking deflect so I can fight out of stealth for some time, but as every tr i relay on stealth becasue there is NO other option. Invisibility is our defense and it is our damage (try to land DF without stealth...). Without it we are nothing. And I really dont like that the whole class usefulness is based on one tab power but it is how it is.

Anyway I heard Devs are working on stealth, and Im sure theyll figure it out something so we wont have to relay on it as much , but until then they just should make the augment pets invisible, cuz it is really breaking a tr class mechanic for now
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps if rogues could only hide in shadows and not everywhere in the open world, their might be a little more consideration given.
    Good luck coming up with a way to make that work in an MMO, because nobody else has done it in any MMO that I'm aware of.

And 'consideration given'? Get over yourself.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder