test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 3 changes. What is better after deep gash lost it's crit? GPF or P VORP?

flymartynasflymartynas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hi there, my name is Zeus The Reaper,
I wanted to ask what is better after deep gash lost it's crit? GPF or still P vorp? I am using p vorp now, but im not satisfied at all. :) Please for the sake of many players, answer me this question + some maths would be nice.
Post edited by flymartynas on

Comments

• Options
    squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2014
    Hi there, my name is Zeus The Reaper,
    I wanted to ask what is better after deep gash lost it's crit? GPF or still P vorp? I am using p vorp now, but im not satisfied at all. :) Please for the sake of many players, answer me this question + some maths would be nice.

The bad news is I do not have any calculation.

The good news is I am someone who sold P vorp for GPF.

IN MY OPINION,

In PVP... Unless you're relying on high crit dmg to kill someone, I wouldn't really suggest to get p vorp as it relies based on the amount of crit chance you have and it's quite difficult to stack it to 40% without sacrificing vital defensive stats such as regeneration/defence/deflect. Therefore, I went for a GPF where the DoT is on every hit i strike.

In PVE... since deep gash doesn't crit anymore. I would like the extra DoT and the defence debuff.

This is SOLELY my opinion and I may be wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes, you might be wrong, true. But if so, then were both wrong. I am concidering selling my p vorp and getting a gpf enchantment. Thanks for your oppinion, would like to hear more oppinions on this. :)
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'll do 2 ACT CN runs for comparison later/tomorrow. Though from what I've seen w/o parsing, I'd say for PVE you'll still want to go pVorp and opt for a gPF in PVP for various reasons: dealing with increased mitigation/lowered crit severity, gaining dest stacks and dismounting.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sooo, how was it ?!
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've done several CNs but not a single two runs with the same group. So I just want you to know that I didn't forget about this ;)
  • Options
    mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Most of the Scrub guilds running 5 GWF teams are using Vorpal, but that's only so they can kill pretty much anyone with two people doing a single rotation. If they somehow don't get the kill and the person stands up they are ****ed.

So yeah, plague is better if you running in a rainbow or close to it.

As for PvE, I can't recommend doing PvE.
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For PVE there isn't any question which one is higher dps for your character, Pvorp will provide higher dps for your character and by quite a large margin. It's preferable for someone in your group to have a GPF, but not a geared GWF unless you run with a regular group of people and your designated as the GPF person.

For PVP it depends on your crit chance, at 25% crit chance GPF and Pvorp will provide the same dps. So usually this means if your using Dread Legion set, Femorian set, or CN set, Pvorp will provide higher dps, except against the higher DR classes, in which case dps is about the same either way. If your using the trade of blades weapons, GPF will provide higher dps. If you're using Fallen Dragon, it depends on what class your hitting and your arPen.

Personally I feel GPF is better in PvP after the Deep Gash nerf even though in many cases it will provide slightly less dps, usually around 3% less, because of its utility, the only real drawback is the damage is less bursty, although more reliable damage could be considered a plus I suppose.

This is all based on basic number crunching using typical gear setups for GWF and typical DR values for other classes, so if your doing something out of the ordinarily like running AoW set in PvP and all +243 power belt/ring/neck, low arPen, it may not apply, although I'd expect it to be similar.