test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deep gash nerf question.

squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hi fellow GWFs, with the upcoming nerf for deep gash?

Is it still advisable to stick to Perfect Vorpal?

Or

Would i be better off with Perfect Lightning?
Post edited by squirtlejiggly on

Comments

• inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Or

Vorpal will still remain better for DPS, Lightning for aggro.
  • squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2014
    Vorpal will still remain better for DPS, Lightning for aggro.

is vorpal still better for pvp?
  • xamuyeesxamuyees Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2014
    is deep gash still good to take? I stupidly didn't test my old build before respeccing... but i've fallen behind in millions of damage in dungeons now without it.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still have it spec'd (since I didn't respec yet for obvious reasons) and I'd say my overall damage is comparable to what it used to be. No ACT run thus far tho. So just my feeling that says that it's still an OK feat to have.
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I lost a bit of dps but not enough to get upset about.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't PvP, but I was nervous as the proverbial cat about this. I'm still using my GrVorpal, with DeepGash. I don't use the damage counter thingy, but I am not complaining. I haven't really noted the mobs living any longer than before. Doubt that helps anyone asking from a PvP perspective, but for PvE, I think it's ok. I'm sure mileage may vary based on build, gear, and such. I am at 16K and stats are fairly well balanced (I think,) if that info is of any use.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Although Deep Gash now no longer produce the bugged orange numbers we loved so much, GWFs normally have high enough crit% to warrant a Vorpal.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    for Pvp It depends on your crit chance, if your around 35% crit chance, P.vorpal is highest dps enchant and G.vorpal and G.plague are almost equivalent, with plauge slightly ahead. Plague will give you less bursty damage.
    If you have 25% crit chance. P.vorpal and G.plague are about equal, except in the case of low DR targets, in which case P.vorpal will be notably higher dps.
  • mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    for Pvp It depends on your crit chance, if your around 35% crit chance, P.vorpal is highest dps enchant and G.vorpal and G.plague are almost equivalent, with plauge slightly ahead. Plague will give you less bursty damage.
    If you have 25% crit chance. P.vorpal and G.plague are about equal, except in the case of low DR targets, in which case P.vorpal will be notably higher dps.

Unless you have buffs that can be proced by plague..... Hrmmmm....
  • besi6besi6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gwf again sucks..
    i'm 16+ destroyer and i always have most dps in dungeons, but now in castle never i have couple millions less than cw's and that was never the case..
    and they were controling mobs, not using op force for bigger dps...
    only singu...
    so they f up again..
    and i don't know why..
  • rolandfediucrolandfediuc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My problem : is it worth now keeping the Student of the sword feat? 5% seems like nothing.... what do you guys think ?

As for the deep gash i'd say its still worth. gonna keep that..but dont really know of the student of the word.
    edited May 2014
    Yeah student of the sword was our almost best feat and deep gash is also ridiculis now..
    Just look student of the sword before this patch
    Your critical strikes lower your targets Defense by 3/6/9/12/15% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times
    and now
    Student of the Sword: This feat has been redesigned. Your Critical Strikes now lower your target's Damage Resistance to your attacks by 1/2/3/4/5%. This effect cannot stack
  • iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have had very good results with GPF instead of Pvorp, especially in IWD.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • edymishaedymisha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello, I'm sorry if I disturb you all, but I'm confused... : I am new in game and really don't know wich race and wich class should I choose? I was having a HR but I don't know if it's ok this class because I want something like Control Wizard or Rogue, but I really don't know what is the best. I don't like Cleric, or Paladin (the class with the shield) and Great Weapon... I'm interested in Light Armor and DPS and alll of that NOT DYING.
  • forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    P vorpal is always better. Hands down.

PvP is all about burst damage and not dps. You only need to do enough damage to put the guy in the ground - so the bigger you hit for, the more likely this will happen.

With the new changes to the destroyer tree, I'm regularly getting 16k+ IBS's through players tenacity and mitigation. You don't get up from that.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    edymisha wrote: »
    Hello, I'm sorry if I disturb you all, but I'm confused... : I am new in game and really don't know wich race and wich class should I choose? I was having a HR but I don't know if it's ok this class because I want something like Control Wizard or Rogue, but I really don't know what is the best. I don't like Cleric, or Paladin (the class with the shield) and Great Weapon... I'm interested in Light Armor and DPS and alll of that NOT DYING.

You should really start a new thread or post in one more closely related to your question.. but from what you say, I think you probably would be happiest with a control wizard, since you have said (I think) that you don't want a great weapon fighter.

With Control Wizard you can avoid dying by killing them before they kill you, and if there are too many of them, you just put some of them on 'pause' with your control powers..

If you are talking about in PvP, ignore me and ask someone who knows PvP better than I do. ;)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Or

If you want it for pvp 40-50 dmg per/thick with 7k power.

If y want it for pve 1900-and almost 2000 dmg with 12k power not stacking .

Not soo good feat not so bad but in pvp its realy bad cuz armor pen also disabled not just the crit chance "ninja nerf".
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited May 2014
    besi6 wrote: »
    gwf again sucks..
    i'm 16+ destroyer and i always have most dps in dungeons, but now in castle never i have couple millions less than cw's and that was never the case..
    and they were controling mobs, not using op force for bigger dps...
    only singu...
    so they f up again..
    and i don't know why..

A good CW will always outdmg you in CN. Also before mod 3. To be frank, I think our damage in CN is at least the same it was before.
    edited May 2014
    yeah but i almost always go in cn whit same cw's and i see difference..
    and btw good dps destroyer will outdmg any cw...
    edited May 2014
    besi6 wrote: »
    yeah but i almost always go in cn whit same cw's and i see difference..
    and btw good dps destroyer will outdmg any cw...

I dare say I constantly run with amongst the best CWs and GWFs on this server and this is just not true.

There is NO way a GWF can outdamage a CW in CN. If you pull packs of five - sure, then a GWF will likely outdps a CW. But not if we're talking 20+ monsters at a time. Hall of Mirrors - 50k++ OF (some guys crit for a decent 75k and above) on 30+ mobs - how do you plan to compensate for that? With a lousy 40k AoS on ~50-60% of targets hit with a smaller radius? This is just one of those bottlenecks where CWs will pull away. Same goes for Draco where you're the "tank" (Still netting some good 3-7m dmg, depending on your performance). CWs will total another 8-10m in that fight alone. Numbers may vary, but you get the idea.

But then again, never say never! If you're really that good, please - let's run CN together some time. I'm always open to learn something new!