test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Crafting

drhunter123drhunter123 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it really 12-18 hours per task. Man I thought leadership was tough. For those who were on the preview server. Is it possible to just do the content with the gear I have, and not worry about the black ice gear, enchantments, etc. etc.? I am not really looking forward to the "grind so I can grind". I just want to be able to play and not be obliterated because I didn't get into whole "black Ice" thing.
Post edited by drhunter123 on

Comments

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The only content that requires the black ice gear is the epic skirmish. You can complete everything else in your normal gear until you finish crafting enough poeces to do the skirmish.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Some of it a day and half or day and 8 hours if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What also sucks is that you can't buy free tools so unless you pay 1500 zen or have multiple tools, you have a very limited refinement rate. The new module is pretty costly if you actually buy boosters/runeforge kits considering the gear is pretty much useful for just icewind which isn't really useful for long term play. It's a nice distraction though. I just wish they worked on something to keep us playing for longer.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    not true...I picked up 4 tools and 4 green cartwrights...not gauntlets mind you...for less then 18k each a bit ago.

I am upset with all the changes they did...and I mean a lot from preview...a number of things are not the same at all.

And also no respec token for HRs
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is it really 12-18 hours per task. Man I thought leadership was tough. For those who were on the preview server. Is it possible to just do the content with the gear I have, and not worry about the black ice gear, enchantments, etc. etc.? I am not really looking forward to the "grind so I can grind". I just want to be able to play and not be obliterated because I didn't get into whole "black Ice" thing.

Be thankful it only goes to rank 3. leadership goes to 20
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    What also sucks is that you can't buy free tools so unless you pay 1500 zen

Frishter check your pms xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Alts that can reach Caer-Konig can also obtain a pair of Gauntlets, they aren't bound, and can even be sold on the auction.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brobora wrote: »
    Alts that can reach Caer-Konig can also obtain a pair of Gauntlets, they aren't bound, and can even be sold on the auction.

There goes the secret , xD no doubt they will be bound in the next patch , good thing I've run 3 alts thru already xD
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Frishter check your pms xD
    Is that pms as in private messages or pms as in time of the month sympoms? (:
    There goes the secret , xD no doubt they will be bound in the next patch , good thing I've run 3 alts thru already xD
    If they made them bound, that would screw the ones who have already mailed it as they'd have no tools to use on that character. Wouldn't put it past them though. Maybe that's their way to actually sell any boosters.
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Is that pms as in private messages or pms as in time of the month sympoms? (:

If they made them bound, that would screw the ones who have already mailed it as they'd have no tools to use on that character. Wouldn't put it past them though. Maybe that's their way to actually sell any boosters.

As it stands they can be sold or bought, Account Bound wouldn't be THAT bad.

Besides, market saturation is severely limited by level 60's with 3rd boon, 10k GS and the propensity to run through the first days questline.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why does "Hire an additional Chillwright" task require an existing Chillwright? I put the one I got to work and thought I'd train another one and only then noticed the requirement.
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why does "Hire an additional Chillwright" task require an existing Chillwright? I put the one I got to work and thought I'd train another one and only then noticed the requirement.

I guess it's so that only players who cleared the quest to get the Chillwright can start on Black Ice Shaping profession.

If there is no requirement like the other professions, then anyone can get a Chillwright without doing the quest.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I guess it's so that only players who cleared the quest to get the Chillwright can start on Black Ice Shaping profession.

If there is no requirement like the other professions, then anyone can get a Chillwright without doing the quest.
    I guess that makes sense, but it'll make progressing even slower. Oh, well...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I guess that makes sense, but it'll make progressing even slower. Oh, well...

Remember that you need more than one gauntlet in order to actually refine more ice. You can't buy common ones and they've now character bound the ones you get for free which is a disgusting way to try and force you to buy the ridiculously overpriced 1500 packs. I'm definitely not impressed.
  • Options
    isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

And they did it ;D
  • Options
    drazym123drazym123 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    isammax wrote: »
    And they did it ;D

Are they character bound or account bound now?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    they are character bound now
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    drazym123 wrote: »
    Are they character bound or account bound now?

I already said that :c
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brobora wrote: »

Nice going dude , just had to blurt it out......
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I noticed in the new black ice pack, they offer tools. Do the tools required for this use the existing tools or require a new set of tools? i.e. If i have a mithral hammer and other tools are they going to come to play in black ice crafting or was this the total punk for those of us that have gone through the effort to be able to craft purple slotted pants and shirts (i assume the black ice equivalent will make these mostly obsolete, as well as much of the t1-t2 gear - thus the dd key costing only 5k ad)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I noticed in the new black ice pack, they offer tools. Do the tools required for this use the existing tools or require a new set of tools? i.e. If i have a mithral hammer and other tools are they going to come to play in black ice crafting or was this the total punk for those of us that have gone through the effort to be able to craft purple slotted pants and shirts (i assume the black ice equivalent will make these mostly obsolete, as well as much of the t1-t2 gear - thus the dd key costing only 5k ad)

Huh? Old professions stay the same, and only black ice tools can be used for the black cie profession which crafts the black ice armour bracers (ordinary drops from epics HEs), boots, helm, main hand (also drops from HEs). off hand and enchantments. No black ice shirts/pants.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cool.

This will not ruin my lucrative and rewarding pants-making enterprise.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    so bye bye weaponsmithing?
  • Options
    northernlights60northernlights60 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    SO what do you have to do in the profession to start gaining experience to level up in the profession?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Check the campaign window.