test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 LEVEL 60's each with RANK 3 BOONS FOR NEW ARTIFACTS?

bringitbackbringitback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
this is horrible,means instead of putting time in my character,which i want to play all the time because i like it,and only IT,i have to play another toon ,level it to 60 and ON TOP OF THAT grind DREAD RING quests for 3-4 weeks with that toon,what a horrible requirement,that's 1 artifact i wont be able to get,even if i really want it,and i do,but it's way too much work,and this is a game....not work.
I suggest people at cryptic do something about these requirements because they are crazy....
And people with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> characters,feel free to flame on,
Post edited by bringitback on

Comments

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...a bit late to the party, huh? This has kind of been known for over a month or so.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I won't flame you, but the requirements have been known for weeks if you check out the Preview forums, and for a week if you just pay attention to the blog posts linked on the game client.

There was even a double-xp weekend to make it easier for people to level a second character to 60.

Besides, I will never get some of the pvp artifacts in the new module, because I hate pvp. But that's my choice so I won't complain.
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2014
    ...a bit late to the party, huh? This has kind of been known for over a month or so.

Exactly. I understand some people only play 1 character (I did in many games) but in this game I feel the need to play more than 1 hence why I have 3 at 60
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this is horrible,means instead of putting time in my character,which i want to play all the time because i like it,and only IT,i have to play another toon ,level it to 60 and ON TOP OF THAT grind DREAD RING quests for 3-4 weeks with that toon,what a horrible requirement,that's 1 artifact i wont be able to get,even if i really want it,and i do,but it's way too much work,and this is a game....not work.
    I suggest people at cryptic do something about these requirements because they are crazy....
    And people with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> characters,feel free to flame on,
    You "don't have to".

You get 1 artifact for free
    you can get 1 artifact from a lair in DR
    you can get artifacts from dropboxes
    you can buy artifacts from the AH.

Why do you have to make a 2nd toon?

No, if you complain "to get a certain artifact I neeeeeed I have to make a toon and get him to #3", well, I also had to run VT 100 times to get my off hand, though I'd have preferred to buy it for 1 million!
    It's the way it works, you do not have to do it! But some things can only be obtained by doing some other things.
  • bringitbackbringitback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    these class artifacts seem to be the best in slot,im trying to get around and level a 60 character all over again,the leveling part would be the easy part since i can,if i struggle,make a lvl 60 in 3 days,but then i think at the 3rd boon requirement,seems this will be a deal breaker for me.I forfeit:)
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You "don't have to".

You get 1 artifact for free
    you can get 1 artifact from a lair in DR
    you can get artifacts from dropboxes
    you can buy artifacts from the AH.

Why do you have to make a 2nd toon?

No, if you complain "to get a certain artifact I neeeeeed I have to make a toon and get him to #3", well, I also had to run VT 100 times to get my off hand, though I'd have preferred to buy it for 1 million!
    It's the way it works, you do not have to do it! But some things can only be obtained by doing some other things.

I agree the new Artifact is just a present and unless you want to add it to another class - pretty ordinary for the class who gets it. So in reality if you do not have a second toon at least, then it is not worth getting anyway. (Note. The Artifacts that have been achieved in Mod 3 in the new instance are available for all classes via the Gift shop)

Adding block to a Cleric or Hunter would be nice (if you got the GF Artifact unlocked), but having only 1 character and for example a GF and unlocking the new Artifact that is blocking is a bit pointless anyway.

So if you do not have 2 characters what are you missing out on - nothing - if you have more then 1 you have everything to gain.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    these class artifacts seem to be the best in slot,im trying to get around and level a 60 character all over again,the leveling part would be the easy part since i can,if i struggle,make a lvl 60 in 3 days,but then i think at the 3rd boon requirement,seems this will be a deal breaker for me.I forfeit!White flag!(though i regret all that zen)

Just a couple of minutes each day to do the lair. If you played your other character a lot, then you should have a ton of onyx fragments to send over to your alt which you can then convert to scrips to help along with the process.
    edited May 2014
    ok so i know beforehand if i can get my mind together to do this crazy thing,how will i be able to get the devoted cleric artifact to a great weapon fighter?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ok so i know beforehand if i can get my mind together to do this crazy thing,how will i be able to get the devoted cleric artifact to a great weapon fighter?

Once you have unlocked a particular class artifact, you can pick it up from the reclaim vendor on all your characters.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You also cannot use the class artifacts to refine other artifacts. Anything you put into these are permanent and cannot be reused in the future (keep note of that).
    edited May 2014
    If you unlock it on your DC, any and all characters can go to the Reward Agent in Protector's Enclave ( across the way from Sargent Knox, should be on your map) and claim it. I don't know which tab it will be on, but there's only 4, so...
    edited May 2014
    For example if i unlock the devoted cleric artifact and the Great Weapon fighter artifact,i can have them both on 1 character?
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For example if i unlock the devoted cleric artifact and the Great Weapon fighter artifact,i can have them both on 1 character?
    you even can have both artifacts on both characters!
    edited May 2014

Yes, if you have 60s of each class, your 7th character can go to the Rewards Agent and have his/her pick of any or all 6 artifacts at once.

You just can't stack the same artifact twice, and only 3 can be slotted to give stats at one time.
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    While I think it is wrong to make game content depended on the number of characters one has got is there an advantage to it, which needs to be mentioned.

Having played at least one more class allows a player to get an idea of the complexity involved in teamwork. This is a good thing. Players who have only ever played a single class can often not understand the roles of other classes, have false expectations regarding other classes and sometimes fail at playing their own class right.

So even if one has played only two different classes will this allow one to see beyond the horizon and to become a better team player. And who does not want to good at teamwork?
    Stay frosty.
  • cprncprn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This one of the most stupid requirements i saw in my 10 years of MMO's, being forced to get a 2nd char to 60, get 10k GS on it and 3 boons.
    Just why, i want to know who had this idea and what's the reason behind it, play same thing two times ?
    Do those boring dailies again and again, are you trying to torture your players ?
  • powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Having 6 level 60 toons, each of them with 8-10 boons already done.. This will be great! I can get an artifact for every class easily!
  • azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have 2 characters level 60, 3 boons, 10k GS, where do I get the quest from?
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I spose it's the price you pay for working with Jarlaxe. Impressive that
    they used a major character from the books (who destroyed the Crystal Artifact).

Would like to see the area, but I guess I'll wait til I clear Icewind to decide.

PS...Talk to Jarlaxe in the 'bar' area of Caer Konig to start.
    (The Drow with the eyepatch.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    fgreyspear wrote: »
    Having played at least one more class allows a player to get an idea of the complexity involved in teamwork. This is a good thing. Players who have only ever played a single class can often not understand the roles of other classes, have false expectations regarding other classes and sometimes fail at playing their own class right.

So even if one has played only two different classes will this allow one to see beyond the horizon and to become a better team player. And who does not want to good at teamwork?

Well said. But if you do not wish to play a different class, build the same class and dedicate it to pvp. Then you can have one for PVE and one for PVP. Then you can focus on whichever you prefer.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.