test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perfect Terror vs Regular Plaguefire

lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hi,

I know there are some threads about this comparison, but they are month old and I didn't want to reopen them.

I am mostly playing PvE with my friends, and we adjusting our builds to each other. We wanted to get as much team enchants as possible. One of us has already a Greater Plaguefire, so I went for Terror. But recently I noticed two things:

1. The usual know calculation goes the following:

Regular Plaguefire:

- 5.5% weapon damage + 3 ticks of 1.8% each second. You usually hit more often than every 3 seconds, so the total weapon damage increase is somewhere in between 6% and 11%

- three times 10% defense debuff, increasing total damage by about 6%

Perfect Terror:

- 12% of weapon damage

- one time a 20% defense debuff, increasing total damage by about 4%

2. Greater and regular Plaguefire stack (!)

3. A Greater Plaguefire is only half the cost of a Perfect Terror, let alone a regular one

Now as a PvE GF I can stack those three PF stacks quiet well on 5+ mobs. So it looks like, that a regular Plaguefire is only a little bit weaker than a Perfect Terror (and better than a Greater Terror already) and way cheaper. Now the question is:

Should I replace my Terror with a Plaguefire? (because even upgrading my Terror to perfect someday won't lead to a noticeable difference in team overall dps)

I would stay with a regular PF then, because we already have GPF in our group. But looking at this data, the obvious answer seem to be: yes.

Or am I missing something / went wrong somewhere?

Thanks

EDIT: made it a bit more readable
Post edited by lamminatboden on

Comments

• Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It depends, how easy can you keep up PF stacks? You could test it out with a lesser plaguefire and just see if you can keep atleast 2 stacks up with 3 most of the time it's not easy to do other than on a CW really. As a GF I would think you'd find it impossible to keep up 3 stacks permanently but it depends on what you are using to hit with.
  • Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would recommend terror more for a gf. As im a hunter ranger im actually stacking plague fire with tenebrous for maximum dot damage.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A friend who is currently building up to a GPF gave me one of his regular PFs for testing.

Enhanced Mark creates 2 stacks of plaguefire. Threating rush 2 on the main target, 1 on every thing else that is marked. Every other AoE spell creates 1 as expected.

New plaguefire stacks do not refresh the timer, which means it is indeed a bit challenging to maintain the stacks on all targets.

Since in every hard encounter there is usually a Singularity ready, you can get 3 stacks going for the beginning of the fight with cleave and threating rush, followed by Enhanced Mark and Frontline Surge.

Still, you are right, the target cap of GF abilities makes it harder to stack plaguefire on every mob there is, let alone to maintain it.

So for a GF, I maybe should prefer a perfect terror over a regular PF damagewise. Leaves only the fact, that a perfect terror round about 4 million AD more expensive than a regular PF...

But the calculation is correct so far?
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They're a lot alike, it seems to me (If I read the numbers right)

Terror leans more towards DPS while debuffing
    GPF leans more towards debuffing while also dealing some damage

they're almost identical, but I may be wrong.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!