test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

reps for alt's?

xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I know for the PW game "star trek online" once you maxed out a rep (takes 30-35 days) you can do a quick rep task that you get a account bond item. That you can mail (or use account bank) to give to a alt character that gives him double rep xp for that faction.

Now my question is, can we get something like this in Neverwinter, when have 100% completion + all 5 booms unlocked, get a small task that gives a item you can mail to a alt on same account that'll let him/her get double rep items from dailies?
Post edited by xuel on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xuel wrote: »
    I know for the PW game "star trek online" once you maxed out a rep (takes 30-35 days) you can do a quick rep task that you get a account bond item. That you can mail (or use account bank) to give to a alt character that gives him double rep xp for that faction.

Now my question is, can we get something like this in Neverwinter, when have 100% completion + all 5 booms unlocked, get a small task that gives a item you can mail to a alt on same account that'll let him/her get double rep items from dailies?

They are adding a Dread Ring box as a choice of 6-day invocation rewards - anyone know if said boxes are character bound or account bound? If they're not already account bound, then that would be a great addition.

Plus, you will be able to get XP scrolls as a reward as part of the "Post-60 progression system" being added with Module 3, which can be mailed to your alts or stored in the upcoming account bank.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    They are adding a Dread Ring box as a choice of 6-day invocation rewards - anyone know if said boxes are character bound or account bound? If they're not already account bound, then that would be a great addition.

Plus, you will be able to get XP scrolls as a reward as part of the "Post-60 progression system" being added with Module 3, which can be mailed to your alts or stored in the upcoming account bank.

there's a difference between xp and rep........
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

If you plan on doing the sharandar campaign it's bet to do that as sparks are more of a bottleneck and getting the sparks will allow you to finish the boons at the same time as the dread campaign anyway... Not sure how they're bound though.

The xp scrolls are 5k experience which I guess can be bought on the AH providing that I'm right in that they're not bound.

I would like something to make things faster though even though I've already done it 6 times... Kind of annoying having to do all of the boring stuff again just to play a different class. Once lets you enjoy the content, twice I guess you can learn the class and is a little more repetitive especially the sharandar/dread ones which were repetitive with just one. Past that it's just annoying.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The OP is referring to Reputation Tasks in Star Trek Online, which is similar to the Boons in Neverwinter I believe. What the OP is suggesting is a similar functionality in Neverwinter that exists in Star Trek Online: Once a level 60 character (level 50 in STO) completes a type of reputation task, they earn a "Reputation Endorsement" item (I forget what it's actually called because I don't bother with Reputation Missions in STO).

That item can be passed to an Alt. When the Alt uses that item they automatically achieve a large portion of the same task (Again, I forget exactly how much) - which allows that alt a boost or bonus toward that same reputation task to help ease the pain of grinding.

The OP is asking for a similar function/item in Neverwinter where once a character achieves something (I'm not sure what as the OP does not specify) that there be a Reputation Endorsement-type item that can be passed to an alt on the same account to give a boost to that alt in achieving the same thing.

In a hypothetical example (Obviously this would not apply to XP): Character A earns their way to level 60. Receives an XP Reputation Endorsement item. Pass that item to Alt character on same account. Alt character uses it to get a boost in XP that jumps them to level 30 and they continue from there. I am using XP as an example only to make my description more clear of what we're talking about. :)
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If you're right and the OP is indeed asking for a system like that, there's no chance in hell that's gonna happen. Most games aren't that alt-friendly, and NW is no exception. The idea behind it is simple: the more you play, the more chances you'll buy something. In short: They want you to play the game entirely on the character you're making. I don't see this changed anytime soon. Or later.

Actually, just the opposite: the more alts you have, the more you play. The more you play, the more likely you'll buy more stuff. Cryptic believe strongly in alts, they always have:

Champions Online: Gold account get's 15 slots. Star Trek Online: Gold account gets 6 slots (might be more, I don't remember). Neverwinter (there are no Gold accounts): requires TWO characters at level 60 just to run an easy quest to get stuff. You are misunderstanding the benefit and business success of players having a lot of alts.

Cryptic has had an account bank in STO for a long time and would not be adding one to Neverwinter if they preferred you only play one character.
  • xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What I am talking about in this is: when main char. gets everything in a single rep (shar or dread ring, soon to be icewind rep) they unlock a additional rep task for that rep that will give them a bound to account item (useable only at lvl 60) that they can then mail to a alt. When alt use's or turns in this item they will get double rewards (sparks, books, blades, ect <but not gold/silver>), making the grid for that rep much easier.
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood my point. What I meant was that they want you to play every character to get boons and such. Not play 1 character and have it easier on alts. I don't see anything like the the OP suggest coming anytime soon.

I see, and I understand now what you were saying. Though, I kind of doubt they actually want that. I suspect it's more like they have more important tasks to deal with than a feature like this. :)