test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Encounters need Update

novawhalenovawhale Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Foundry
It would be cool if you can have a friendly encounter that has infinite health. Id like the characters i create to fight alongside me from point A to point B without dying (ruins my story a bit when a main character dies in the middle of a story and reappear at the end as a dialogue objective)
Fight to Submission works but it turns all my friendly encounters hostile, and better yet they cant follow me. Maybe if we can combine Encounter behaviours like having an encounter go through a loop path and fight to submission at the same time.
And if the developers can give encounters a respawn timer that would be awesome too. or maybe give us more resources to make more than just 50 encounters on the map at once. Who's with me?
Know what would be great, if we could adjust the health bar and attack damage for encounters.
Post edited by novawhale on

Comments

• Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    novawhale wrote: »
    It would be cool if you can have a friendly encounter that has infinite health. Id like the characters i create to fight alongside me from point A to point B without dying (ruins my story a bit when a main character dies in the middle of a story and reappear at the end as a dialogue objective)
    Fight to Submission works but it turns all my friendly encounters hostile, and better yet they cant follow me. Maybe if we can combine Encounter behaviours like having an encounter go through a loop path and fight to submission at the same time.
    And if the developers can give encounters a respawn timer that would be awesome too. or maybe give us more resources to make more than just 50 encounters on the map at once. Who's with me?
    Know what would be great, if we could adjust the health bar and attack damage for encounters.

I'm thinking that they haven't done this because it can be exploited. Imagine having an unkillable companion tanking and helping you deal damage to encounters while you sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm absolutely with you on the respawn timer, >50 encounter limit and the adjustable hp and damage though.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm thinking that they haven't done this because it can be exploited. Imagine having an unkillable companion tanking and helping you deal damage to encounters while you sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm absolutely with you on the respawn timer, >50 encounter limit and the adjustable hp and damage though.

You lose all rewards though if a friendly encounter damages the enemy, so it couldn't really be exploited.

I agree on all of your points as well OP.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If it can't be exploited then I'm all for it. For now what I usually do is have a new friendly encounter that appears after a few battles, or a very though battle.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Both friendly and enemy mobs can respawn. Try "Old Magic" after killing mobs leave their immediate area and they will respawn after a short time. Set encounters to "disappear never."
  • Options
    novawhalenovawhale Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe that only works on maps from actual adventure zones like helms hold and Black Lake district (not custom made maps). And even when mobs respawn on those maps they take forever to appear