test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preview Black Ice Gear

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in News & Announcements
Icewind Dale is a dangerous place which is why players will need to harness the power of Black Ice and equip themselves with Black Ice gear. Get a sneak peek at the full gear set for each character in our latest M3 Preview blog:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002193-module-3-preview%3A-black-ice-gear

Thanks,

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You spelled "rogue" wrong ;)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    orlathonorlathon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a group, those are some of the ugliest (and non-functional) suits of armor I have ever seen.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are the stats/bonuses for black ice gear better than the current t2/2.5 sets? If so, regressing stats means grinding to the end of days. At least there is an end to the grind with Sharandar (however long) and Dread Ring.

The armor graphics aren't to my tastes so that means more transmutations for me if I am forced to use black ice gear to be competitive/complete content. More AD I have to save up and I'm still working on my weapon and armor enchantments. :(

Still looking forward to the new PVE content, but with less and less excitement the more I learn.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh boy, grim dark and impractical. Just what everyone was asking for! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I will never wear one of those, on any of my chars. Not even for free.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You spelled "rogue" wrong ;)

LMFAO! even the devs call them 'Rouge' now xD

Strange thing is the new armor looked kinda cool on the mannequins but look not cool on characters ,odd , I need to check next time I log on the test server to see if they reworked the designs.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    egnigemegnigem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The GWF looks kinda cool, but as a GF have to say my class armour looks like some kind of power ranger suit than a heavy armour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Very anime-looking. Clearly has an Asian-influenced art look to it. But that aspect of the art kind of started with the cartoonishly over-sized GWF sword since the beginning, so I'm not surprised. It's not bad, but I'm not a fan, either. I suppose it is what it is. (/me snickers at all people tired of hearing THAT phrase).
  • Options
    atodoatodo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are the stats/bonuses for black ice gear better than the current t2/2.5 sets? If so, regressing stats means grinding to the end of days. At least there is an end to the grind with Sharandar (however long) and Dread Ring.

The armor graphics aren't to my tastes so that means more transmutations for me if I am forced to use black ice gear to be competitive/complete content. More AD I have to save up and I'm still working on my weapon and armor enchantments. :(

Still looking forward to the new PVE content, but with less and less excitement the more I learn.

OK so. The new Sets work very differently than all the previous stuff. Stat-wise , its identical to Dread Legion but it has no Set Bonus.
    By doing Dailies and Heroic Encounters + Gathering you can buy the whole set from a Vendor in Icewind Dale with Black Ice.

Once you have the full Set , you need to keep farming Heroic Encounters and do raise the new Crafting Profession in order to transmute the set in one of 2 variations of it that give it a set bonus. However the new set/set bonus is only really good for the Icewind Dale content since it comes with a new resistance type.
    Also , in order to join the new Skirmish/Instance you require 4 pieces of the new set , otherwise the game wont even let you queue for it.

So old t2/t2.5 is still best for old content , while the new set is kinda mandatory for most , not all , of module 3 content.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    atodo wrote: »
    OK so. The new Sets work very differently than all the previous stuff. Stat-wise , its identical to Dread Legion but it has no Set Bonus.
    By doing Dailies and Heroic Encounters + Gathering you can buy the whole set from a Vendor in Icewind Dale with Black Ice.

Once you have the full Set , you need to keep farming Heroic Encounters and do raise the new Crafting Profession in order to transmute the set in one of 2 variations of it that give it a set bonus. However the new set/set bonus is only really good for the Icewind Dale content since it comes with a new resistance type.
    Also , in order to join the new Skirmish/Instance you require 4 pieces of the new set , otherwise the game wont even let you queue for it.

So old t2/t2.5 is still best for old content , while the new set is kinda mandatory for most , not all , of module 3 content.

Thanks for the information.

I suppose that means it takes up storage and the annoyance of having to switch between sets. Do they add the feature to easily switch between sets? Do they have enchantment slots? Transferring/building enchantments will be an additional hassle, not to mention the grind to keep up the regressing stats. Meh.
  • Options
    atodoatodo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the information.

I suppose that means it takes up storage and the annoyance of having to switch between sets. Do they add the feature to easily switch between sets? Do they have enchantment slots? Transferring/building enchantments will be an additional hassle, not to mention the grind to keep up the regressing stats. Meh.

Same dance as with the PvP Sets ... so .... no. :)
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So...apparently black ice gear is "chipped" off a larger piece and you then "strap" it to whatever body part it covers best?
  • Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cool so for mod3 we need to keep 3 sets of armor should just fill up the few free bank slots you give us well some other games comes out this summer guess its time to switch to one of them if this turn out to end up as a total pay to win.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xnordicx wrote: »
    Cool so for mod3 we need to keep 3 sets of armor should just fill up the few free bank slots you give us well some other games comes out this summer guess its time to switch to one of them if this turn out to end up as a total pay to win.

Oh cool , so if I buy a greater bag of holding or spend a few hundred zen on bank slots I win? what do I win ?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    another crappy looking set for GWF....
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    CW black ice gear looks pretty ugly not gunna lie, the other sets are pretty sick though
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Ugly is the word I would use to describe the Black Ice armour. I'll wear it just long enough to get into the skirmish, then into the dustbin it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    waterblade22waterblade22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Black Ice gear is amazing, I wish I had the Hunter Ranger one...
  • Options
    hobbito1hobbito1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is Black Ice gear going to be the best armor set in the game?
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    You got it all wrong ...
    The BLACK ice has a dark past and a life of it's own. It can drive anyone crazy and can bring to life the beasts we all have deep inside.

Is normal to look ugly ! And is normal to be awesome ... is like a parasite on the gear - is exactly how is supposed to look !
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed