test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.14.20140320a.16

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Here's a full list of today's patch notes:

Performance and Stability

Resolved a Queue server long term performance issue. Note that this was not the cause of "long CtA queue times", though the high stress on the server exposed the issue we addressed.

Items and Economy

We have added additional back end restrictions on purchasing Zen and other packs to reduce the amount of fraudulent purchases. Normative playing and purchasing behaviors should not be affected.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Phew! That's a long list! :)
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yaaaaa... ToS fix... oh w8... great job like usual i see...

• onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    calm before module 3's storm. ><
  • eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Here's a full list of today's patch notes:

Performance and Stability

Resolved a Queue server long term performance issue. Note that this was not the cause of "long CtA queue times", though the high stress on the server exposed the issue we addressed.

Items and Economy

We have added additional back end restrictions on purchasing Zen and other packs to reduce the amount of fraudulent purchases. Normative playing and purchasing behaviors should not be affected.

OK. I don't get the fix for the bolded and underlined note. What was the problem actually?
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They'll never say. It's not usually a good idea to give details about potential fraud vectors or how you've fixed them, since it gives the criminals more information on how to work around your fixes. Just take from it that there was a problem with fraudulent purchases and they've put in some countermeasures and they're *pretty sure* it won't affect legit purchaes... hard stop.
  • aydriandalvortayaydriandalvortay Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    eugenesys wrote: »
    OK. I don't get the fix for the bolded and underlined note. What was the problem actually?

The bolded area is for people like bots or other programs that have been fraudulently purchasing Zen to get ahead in a "Pay-for-Power" way that I find this game has very little. Pay for a mount -- or farm up 5 gold. Pay for your weapons -- or farm ahead.

That was a little off topic, but it is to stop people from scamming ARC/PW and not actually paying them.

Please not as though is says I joined May 2014, I in fact played a lot of PW on this account.
  • tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey I have a great Idea give zen for hero of the north how is neverwinter free its the same as sto; really? to upgrade weapons enchantment you need to spend 1000 zen because you only have a 1% chance to upgrade, you need to buy addition greater bags of holdings or it will take you forever to complete a quest or get gold from the drop you sell, you need to buy a mount or you move very slow because even those rent a mounts are slow. I know you guys say Neverwinter is free but I do not see a difference from any other cryptic game you can sell or buy zen with AD using an exchange; just like dill. in sto. Come on guys 500 zen you can do it. Lets have a vote I vote yes ok lets do it.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tom40s wrote: »
    Hey I have a great Idea give zen for hero of the north how is neverwinter free its the same as sto; really? to upgrade weapons .....

Not sure exactly what point you're trying to make here... If you are saying they should follow STO and put all the packs in the ZEN store rather than sell separately - then I completely agree. That they don't is not in keeping with the spirit of their business model, and I feel it's a little bit dishonest of them to call Neverwinter 100% free because of that.

If what you're trying to say is that Neverwinter really isn't 100% free, then (other than the Packs), you couldn't be more wrong. Neverwinter is, in fact, truly free to play. The only thing that real money buys you that you can't get yourself in-game without paying anything is time. Neverwinter is NOT a "play-to-win" game, rather it's a "pay-to-not-grind" game. Neverwinter need to make money or it goes away, and I'm fine with that. That said, if you don't want to pay anything for it - you can do that and get EVERYTHING the game has to offer (clearly, except for those Packs), as long as you are willing to spend the time and effort it takes to earn the ADs yourself.

As I said, the only exception to the 100% free mantra are the packs - if they put those in the Zen store, then they wouldn't be lying. STO has their packs in the Zen store for the cash equivalent of whatever the price would be. They cost $60 (or whatever), but in ZEN rather than real-world money. Neverwinter should do the same. If/when they do that, Neverwinter will be a true 100% free to play game.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No what he wants is a lifetime stipend of zen points each month. Simply because he bought a hero pack.
  • donta79donta79 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    So when will completing a dungeon and getting credit in quest log be fixed? oh and at least for Drow GWF's with great swords, I believe its the left hand that just floats around randomly, while in the standard attack pose something wrong with the rig?

Those complaining about how Perfect World does their f2p sorry but its one of the best f2p models out there along with guild wars 2. What did we all pay for this game? Notta.... They need to make money some how and having the zen market the way it is, that ensures it.... They need to produce revenue to pay the bills some how.... servers, hardware, the devs be it the coders/artist/marketing/human resources, be able to pay for the software packages and their updates for making assets, work stations to make new content, space they rent to keep the staff under one roof in a studio. Stop complaining.... you didn't have to buy the game, and no one is twisting your arm with a gun to your head say buy Zen, trade in your AD's for Zen, or Zen into AD's. Those who also cry of having to get things for upgrades, its called farm and be patient, do your dailies, do t2 dungeons sell what you get, do the skirmish that gives 1k AD during that hour period over and over again... Yes its slow but guess what You don't have to spend a dime, but I would suggest supporting the studio even if its just 5-10 bucks in zen every blue moon... Those also complaining about the big packs, no one made you buy them, they did give you AD's and items in those packs, along with other special things, just because you got those does not mean your entitled to free AD's every month.
  • aydriandalvortayaydriandalvortay Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    @kvet & sockmunkey

Could be wrong, but I think he means if we buy a Pack through Arc or Steam, it should come with Zen.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    donta79 wrote: »
    So when will completing a dungeon and getting credit in quest log be fixed? oh and at least for Drow GWF's with great swords, I believe its the left hand that just floats around randomly, while in the standard attack pose something wrong with the rig?

Those complaining about how Perfect World does their f2p sorry but its one of the best f2p models out there along with guild wars 2. What did we all pay for this game? Notta.... They need to make money some how and having the zen market the way it is, that ensures it.... They need to produce revenue to pay the bills some how.... servers, hardware, the devs be it the coders/artist/marketing/human resources, be able to pay for the software packages and their updates for making assets, work stations to make new content, space they rent to keep the staff under one roof in a studio. Stop complaining.... you didn't have to buy the game, and no one is twisting your arm with a gun to your head say buy Zen, trade in your AD's for Zen, or Zen into AD's. Those who also cry of having to get things for upgrades, its called farm and be patient, do your dailies, do t2 dungeons sell what you get, do the skirmish that gives 1k AD during that hour period over and over again... Yes its slow but guess what You don't have to spend a dime, but I would suggest supporting the studio even if its just 5-10 bucks in zen every blue moon... Those also complaining about the big packs, no one made you buy them, they did give you AD's and items in those packs, along with other special things, just because you got those does not mean your entitled to free AD's every month.

I totally agree with you there. Neverwinter -is- f2p. The idea of buying zen with real world money is like a donation. Think of it like this; You are apart of an organization, you do not have to pay for membership, but to keep the organization going they have to get money somehow to pay for the things you enjoy. What do they do? Fundraisers are one example. Selling things people would want to buy so they can get the money needed. Donations are another. People who truly enjoy what they are receiving can give money out of their own pockets just so that they can continue to enjoy the organisation. So I repeat. Think of Neverwinter as an organization and the money you, optionally, spend as a donation/fundraiser to keep the game enjoyable. The money you do not have to spend goes to the people who have to work to pay the bills.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    They'll never say. It's not usually a good idea to give details about potential fraud vectors or how you've fixed them, since it gives the criminals more information on how to work around your fixes. Just take from it that there was a problem with fraudulent purchases and they've put in some countermeasures and they're *pretty sure* it won't affect legit purchaes... hard stop.

Indeed, a bit ironic that they'd add something like that to the patch notes yet they leave nerfs and fixes out all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still no feature to prevent the ingame mails from gold farmers.
    They dent them several times a day.
    Probably when the mail cap is reached, around 40 or 50, you cannot get any more

ef1b5328-e4f5-49c9-ae65-6a5190a6b318.jpg
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • damonalidamonali Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    when we fight monsters every where ... its just 2 vs many
    what about making the game .. a war game !!! by summon more than one so we can summon 5 companions
    ...... i think it gonna be amazing idea if some one from the higher control listen and do it for us..
This discussion has been closed.