test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defense slot

gubicielgubiciel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Library
Hello,
I would like to ask, which stones do you recommend for CW in defense slot. I spend most of the time pvping, but still, I am not sure what to put there. Thank you for your answers.
Post edited by gubiciel on

Comments

• abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hit points.

Defense is not nearly as good. The percentage reduction in damage an enchantment will give you will always be less than the percentage increase an enchantment will give you in HP. For example, if you have 24k HP a rank 10 HP enchantment will increase your HP by 5%. A rank 10 defense enchantment will only increase your damage resistance by about 2.5% HP is more effective, and that's before you take into account that you'll be facing attacks in PvP that ignore defense (like shocking execution).

Deflect is the least useful of the three for a CW. If you have 500 deflect and increase it by 300 with a rank 10 enchantment (to 800) you move your deflection % from 4% to 6.5%. So if you are attacked 200 times, you'll now have five more of them reduced by 50%. That's a big fat lot of "who cares" whereas 1200 extra HP can sure come in handy especially since it also means you'll be regenerating HP faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gubicielgubiciel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I guess I will go for hp. Thank you for your answer. It is very helpful.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I go for the +hp and +def combined one ... but that's because my defense is a bit low anyway.
  • dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    HP all the way. Def sucks because nearly every class but CW will ignore a huge percentage... I know the brutal looks nice by adding the def & HP, but that def is almost completely worthless...Also, dont forget HP helps your regen massively.

Imagine 35k HP vs 25k HP under half Health and 10% regen.

With 35k HP you will max regen at 17.5k health rarely 1 or 2 shotable... and it will tick for 1750 every 3 sec

With 25k HP you will only have 12.5k easily 1 or 2 shotable and ticking for 500HP less.

So 9 seconds later you got ~2k more HP regenned vs the lower HP.

I have 35k HP and I will often end a battle with 2-3k HP and 30 seconds later I'm back to 2/3 health.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Pve ~ Lifesteal

Pvp ~ Max Hp
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!