test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ghost horse

berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
Ghost Horse from ZEN store looks completely different from Live server.

Im sure its not intended because its not a ghost horse on the preview server, its a white funny looking horse.
Post edited by berzergera on

Comments

• Options
    sasoras313sasoras313 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The details only show up when your in a dark area , in a bright open area they would look like what you described, try going somewhere creepy and dark, or with a dark back ground.

For reference

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?634401-Love-the-Ghost-Horse-but-can-it-be-made-a-little-more-visible&highlight=ghost+horse
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    it dosent matter what area im in. i've been in PE as well and the ghost horse looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> even there. It looks completly different from Live server.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    berzergera wrote: »
    it dosent matter what area im in. i've been in PE as well and the ghost horse looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> even there. It looks completly different from Live server.

I suggest you read the link i posted, as the conversation will already answer your questions. Ie.the "developers have already been informed", and draw your conclusions from there
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sasoras313 wrote: »
    I suggest you read the link i posted, as the conversation will already answer your questions. Ie.the "developers have already been informed", and draw your conclusions from there

Dude i read that post when it got created. I even replyed to it, almost last reply. But the devs havent said that they are changing the horse, and it dosent say anything in preview patch notes.

And its changed, as ****.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    berzergera wrote: »
    Dude i read that post when it got created. I even replyed to it, almost last reply. But the devs havent said that they are changing the horse, and it dosent say anything in preview patch notes.

And its changed, as ****.

Since its the preview server, with no notes I'm a bit skeptical it would carry over, same thing with the VP encounter change on live and preview.Aside from that I misinterpreted you original post it seems.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah so is there any word on this from a DEV or anything? The ghost horse cant stay this way. Alot of people spent ZEN and some even spent AD to get it to 110% because it looks cool.
  • Options
    xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Can you post a screenshot of how it looks on preview?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    xushin7 wrote: »
    Can you post a screenshot of how it looks on preview?
    Yes! Here it is....ghost horse..

1zxac68.jpg
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I *SUSPECT* The textures team is looking to rework the textures of the Ghost Horse because many of us who purchased it complained that it's TOO Transparent in bright areas like Protector's Enclave (it's just *too* invisible).

I would not be too concerned about what you see at preview because I have no doubt it is a WORK-IN-PROGRESS and it makes me *HAPPY* to see this "screwed-up version"... precisely because it means the texturing team has heard our concerns and it appears they are working to address those concerns.

THIS IS A GOOD THING, FOLKS.

Seriously: it really looks like a work-in-progress and I can understand the difficulty they are facing: primarily with making the transparency look better (not too transparent) but also now showing the Model Seams, such as the the joints in the knees and hooves and stuff. I suspect it's a really tricky proposition and a lit of experimentation is required.

I won't address this next paragraph to the TEXTURE TEAM because it's not allowed according to Forum rules, but I hope the TEXTURE TEAM sees this comment and takes note of this paragraph that I really hope the TEXTURE TEAM sees, which is this: The horse itself should be "ghost-like", I agree. But what about the saddle and tackle gear? I am not requesting those be opaque, because other ghosts and spirits in Neverwinter have ghost-like costumes (which theoretically only flesh would be ghost-like, right?) - anyway, I'm just throwing out food for thought as having a (at least) slightly less ghost-like transparency of the saddle and tackle will help avoid the "weird floating in air lewd semi-spread-eagle" look we players currently have. At least if the saddle and tackle were a little easier to see, it wouldn't look so silly? [Just thinking aloud, here].

Oh, and a comment in general about the TEXTURE TEAM and how they are doing STUNNING work! While making my movie "New Magic", (shameless plug,) I was all over the maps in Demo Record seeing things players never, ever see and I am amazed at the crazy level and attention to detail these folks are putting into the game, for example: the rusted bolts on the top of the guard tower in Helms Hold. Rusted Bolts! I am flabbergasted. Really. Freaking awesome work throughout.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think it would be cool to have the transparency about the same as it is on live, but make the barding "normal". That way, the armor helps fill out the image, but you still get the really cool, nearly transparent feel of the horse.

It'd definitely be D&D style to have some magic horse armor that summons a ghost horse, right?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I think it would be cool to have the transparency about the same as it is on live, but make the barding "normal". That way, the armor helps fill out the image, but you still get the really cool, nearly transparent feel of the horse.

It'd definitely be D&D style to have some magic horse armor that summons a ghost horse, right?

^THIS.
    (Emphasis is mine)

It would be so awesome if the TEXTURE TEAM were to just arbitrarily see this comment by total and fortuitous happenstance and AGREE with this very idea and make such appropriate modifications to this perfect end result!

(Hey, Mods - no direct addressing here! I saw Inception and just trying my hand at the concept, okay?)
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    This will be fixed in the next version that goes to Preview. The FX broke due to work on another mount. We are currently also not going to adjust the transparency it has in Protector's Enclave.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    We are currently also not going to adjust the transparency it has in Protector's Enclave.

I'm not a Panda, but this makes me sad. Does that count? (Actually, ummm, don't answer that.) :)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This will be fixed in the next version that goes to Preview. The FX broke due to work on another mount. We are currently also not going to adjust the transparency it has in Protector's Enclave.

I'm guessing it's the new legendary black ice horse? , that texture looks icy
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Well, since we have your attention, how about upping the opacity on the armor, but leaving the horsie transparent? :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1