test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.14.20140320a.13

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited April 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Today's patch notes are are listed below:

Content
- The regular version of the Cloak Tower dungeon can now be properly completed. The door will now open when used and the encounter in front of it is defeated.

User Interface
- In game web links now open up into the new ArcGames.com pages such as support.arcgames.com.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Whoa Nelly! , Wall of text.....
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

yup, the devs are concentrating on making sure they have M3 ready for everyone so the patch notes this week are very short. But I'm glad they were able to find a resolution to the Cloak Tower issue.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tell them to fix the entry bug on the epic skirmish please , thank you very much , I'll just keep on complaining till they do :P

Oh and I do appreciate the hard work the guys do , I wouldn't spend time testing it if I didn't xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is this fix applied to Epic Cloak Tower as well?
    My alts had this issue with the last door before that last camp fire not opening in the EPIC, not regular dungeon.
    What's worse is that the queue system kept insisting on bringing me and many others over and over again to the same bugged instance.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    yup, the devs are concentrating on making sure they have M3 ready for everyone so the patch notes this week are very short. But I'm glad they were able to find a resolution to the Cloak Tower issue.

A bit disappointed the issue with ToS was fixed as well. It sucks when a teammate loses out on the chest there.
  • potatoejim234potatoejim234 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still no fix for the exploits of Castle Never? seriously?
    Reported this time and again but seems something more drastic is needed. so here it goes.
    Ppl get in Castle Never during DD event they get the chest unlocked and it doesnt expire so they get after the end of DD in and just find a dead dragon instance and loot the chest.
    Also ppl are using the bench by the door and the pillar where u activate door to get on the door and aggro dragon and kill it slowly from outside of door without any adds or getting hit by dragon therefore getting dragon loot and selling it on AH. Also they kick other ppl from their instance if they join.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [flame mode]
    ToS, ToS, ToS, ToS... coz ppl r farmin nCT so much, and no1 is farming eToS, so why bother ToS, right? After all,who cares that he will optionaly lose his T2 armor.... great job crytpic, like usual.
    [/flame mode]

• cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    A bit disappointed the issue with ToS wasn't fixed as well. It sucks when a teammate loses out on the chest there.

yup that invisible wall after boss being killed may be frustrating (especially when you die when boos has like 1% hp left).
    I'm sooooo glad I don't need to go there for chest anymore
    PS fixed a typo for ya :p
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still no fix for the exploits of Castle Never? seriously?
    Reported this time and again but seems something more drastic is needed. so here it goes.
    Ppl get in Castle Never during DD event they get the chest unlocked and it doesnt expire so they get after the end of DD in and just find a dead dragon instance and loot the chest.
    Also ppl are using the bench by the door and the pillar where u activate door to get on the door and aggro dragon and kill it slowly from outside of door without any adds or getting hit by dragon therefore getting dragon loot and selling it on AH. Also they kick other ppl from their instance if they join.
    They don't usually list those for some reason.

At least some previous fixes weren't listed on patch notes.
  • potatoejim234potatoejim234 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    They don't usually list those for some reason.

At least some previous fixes weren't listed on patch notes.

they have been told time and again about those exploits and they just dont fix them. it is not a matter not putting them in patch notes.
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sure am happy 28 days later this wall bug is fixed!
  • kinosh30kinosh30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's a Cloak Tower dungeon? Neverwinter has Dungeons?! o.o
  • nicinmonkeynicinmonkey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

OMG that has to be one of the funniest things i've seen in days :D
    Thank you lol
  • junkermyrklejunkermyrkle Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is this fix applied to Epic Cloak Tower as well?
    My alts had this issue with the last door before that last camp fire not opening in the EPIC, not regular dungeon.
    What's worse is that the queue system kept insisting on bringing me and many others over and over again to the same bugged instance.

Interesting- We never experienced this bug with the epic version. Only with the nonepic one - seems like we got lucky then :O
    Did 2 people try to open the door simultaneously? Perhaps the Castle Never door bug somehow can be found in other instances, too?
    Characters: Ravondir Orlond , Vesma Wildheart [GF 18k]

Guild: Zirkel der Weltenwanderer (Circle of the world travellers)

Characters: Betty Lou , Kermit

Guild: Masters of Muppets
  • aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The patch is 200MB, we definitely should expect more than just two small fixes.
  • abdurrahim85abdurrahim85 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You should also fix the buggy quest Sharandar Rewards also.
    Havent been bugged for ages!

And also the Guntlegrym PvP, i cant never join there and do my Daily Quests so increase the Queue. There is soo much to fix in this game.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just so you know, the tos invisible wall bug is listed as fixed on preview.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    CN door IS still bugged on live as well. Came out of one a few hours ago and 2 players both tried to open the door and it locked us out at that point and we could not advance to the 2nd boss encounter.. another bug that I do agree should've been been fixed before the upcoming expansion. or at least in this latest patch.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    although.. what i have noticed.. BTW sorry that this might twist this thread in a new direction and possibly in a negative way but.....

The profession kit count on the live server has been reduced since this patch has been appllied.. and what i mean by that is, when the Profession timer is going, I like to goto sharandar then to dread ring and make a lap of the kits for green and blue items (which I vendor for gold), rank 3 and 4's for refining, and profession materials for my guild's crafting.. well before the latest patch i was able to hit roughly 20-25 of them before i started getting 2 copper trash items... even days when I just feel like taking it an easy when I have all my dailies done, I like to go hunting the kits to build up stock for my professions and our guildbank for our members as well.

Now since the latest patch I am only able to get roughly 10-15 of them before i start getting the single "gray trash" item in the kits.. I can understand that the developers cut the count down because of Farmbots, but we would have really appreciated you telling us this in the patch notes instead of trying to quietly slide it under the door past us... It disappoints me and most likely alot of other players that the developers took this route instead of saying something in the notes..

If this is the case and not going to be possibly changed, then I can not honestly see whats the point of even having the profession timer if we only get 10-15 kits tops and then get crappy 2 copper item.. I don't fully rely on the kits but I do try to make the best use of time with it when the timer is going to help donate to our guild for other players who are not always able to be online during the event.

I hate to go back to posting negatives after I have started seeing so much potential for this newborn MMO on the RPG circuit. but I feel this is one that I really believe should be addressed and pointed out.. Sorry Dev's, but this is a -1... Next time.. just postt what you changed instead of hiding it.. players notice these things, we play the game..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • falleen1falleen1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well i just signed up yesterday and i have been trying to patch since about 3 hours ago and im at 10 % so im not sure if somethings wrongor...... well can i get some tips or advice plz?
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    falleen1 wrote: »
    well i just signed up yesterday and i have been trying to patch since about 3 hours ago and im at 10 % so im not sure if somethings wrongor...... well can i get some tips or advice plz?

I'm not sure if this will help, but I know the first time patching does take forever. It did for me however, I think it is because it is patching since the first run. Others should not take so long.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    They the skill nodes to give out trash items after you have farmed x number within 15 minutes about 6 months ago. It was implemented as an anti-bot measure. It was mentioned in a patch note when they did that. You may just be getting more efficient at farming them so are starting to encounter the limitation now. There is a cooldown timer on this. Hit a few skill nodes, wait a few minutes, then continue and so on until the event is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    either that or someone else beat you to the node and left the trash in there for you to get.
  • right2carryright2carry Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Perhaps fixed if you don't ever queue for it, once you do you're screwed!
This discussion has been closed.