What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

epic vread vault loot is a joke!

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
went to epic dread vault last night with a pug party
classic build tr,cw,dc,gwf,gf
soon discovered its a good party well experienced expect for one person we told him what needs to be done.
first two bosses went fine
last boss we all agreed first try we will probably fail so no need for rage leaving etc.
first try : 40 min long fight boss was less then 15% health something went wrong we had to wipe
second try some1 dies at start we had to wipe
third try we decided to change strategy did not work
fourth try we did it hurry!

before i get to loot just to set the record strait:
when we entered the dungeon dd event has just started when we finished the dungeon gg event was done!
that means we spent more then 3.5 hours doing this dungeon!

now to loot issue:
a: no loot from boss , are you serious?! all bosses from all dungeons drop loot so why not this one? . epic dread vault last boss is by far one of the hardest boss on neverwinter so why not reward a team for killing it?
b: chest loot a freaking t1 ring! again are you kidding me? all this effort for a t1 ring? epic dv is a hard unpopular dungeon with one of the hardest bosses on never winter so why a freaking t1 ring after all this effort? make it at least a t2 ring belt whatever!

devs this is for you fix this loot problem to make epic dread vault more fun and rewarding for parties.
thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    CN can also drop t1 stuff. DV is bugged so that sometimes loot doesnt appear from last boss. Even if it did, it's not particularly useful though. Unfortunately there's just no reason to do this dungeon unless you're looking for something specific and not many people are.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unfortunately Epic Dread Vault has the same loot table as every other dungeon during a delve:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve#Dungeon_Delve_chest_drop_rates

10% chance of getting a T2 main hand weapon of your choice
    20% chance of getting a T2 ring/necklace/belt
    50% chance of getting a T1 item
    20% chance of getting an item that one of the mini bosses drops

With the main hand weapons getting surpassed by the main hands from Castle Never, Valindra's Tower, and Malabog's Castle (through crafting) there's just no real incentive to running Epic Dread Vault. Hence, why most people don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is why I don't PVE.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is why I don't PVE.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

I hate dungeons... the only dungeon I enjoy doing is VT. Nothing else. The Loot is mediocre and the chance of getting high-tier loot is even more mediocre than the dropped loot. You'd have to farm and grind... and my limit is 1 dungeon a day before I get bored ._.
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The boss from the Dread Vault drops it loot from a cask that spawns when he dies. This cask is invisible from afar. Maybe you forget to find and destroy it?

If you don't like dungeons, try to do all of the normal dungeons in the game with a group of 3 with 1 reaching the minimum required level and the other 2 being still a bit underleveled. That was so most fun I had in this game yet ;). Really challenging boss fights!
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    This is why I don't PVE.
    I can completely relate to your statement. Honestly, some PvE players have little to no moral and they suck and at then end come with ridiculous expectations.

For a while did this make me think the game had no actual high-end content.

As it turns out was I wrong and there are a few players who can actually run a dungeon in full length in less than an hour and without running from mobs like chickens, but killing it all including the bosses in a cool manner (i.e. without kiting and running in circles for 2 hours).

But these players are hard to find. I hope the devs find a way to get all players onto the right track and not have the majority of players dodge most of the PvE content in ridiculous ways.
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is why I don't PVE.

Well the alternatives are less than palatable to most. PvP is the same two maps over and over and, when you reach a certain level, everyone is playing the same builds with the same encounter roll out. What a snore fest. The only fun part is people whining in chat because they think it is a game of skill. lol. Then there is GG: sort of like showing up to an AA meeting and they are out of donuts and someone urinated in the corner (I guess he capped it). Can't forget Foudry missions which are typically a broken hot heap written by a 10 year old that ends with a chest that has a green in it. Whoopee.

The dungeons offer some variety. People in my guild always need gear. T1, T2, don't care. Gives chance to see what they have to offer and teach them along the way.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you guys dont enjoy the game... DONT PLAY IT!

eDV is a fun dung, challenging boss fight, needs coordination and good players, refreshing dung to play, also the main hands complete collections and give you titles... as i dont care about virtual goods (that you dont own) of a ftp game i value fun and enjoyement, i'd say eDV is more rewarding than other dungs.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Icewind Dale.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF