test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 3 previewers... your thoughts on the new HR?

arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Wilds
Hey all...

For those on the Mod 3 preview shard, I was wondering how you guys are faring with all of the new changes to the HR class. Big nerf on split shot, but quite a few boosts on a number of encounter powers... how are you adjusting your tactics? What's working for you, and what isn't?
Post edited by arinathos on

Comments

• Options
    masterzoldmasterzold Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    arinathos wrote: »
    Hey all...

For those on the Mod 3 preview shard, I was wondering how you guys are faring with all of the new changes to the HR class. Big nerf on split shot, but quite a few boosts on a number of encounter powers... how are you adjusting your tactics? What's working for you, and what isn't?

ok iv been playing for about a month on this game total i always loved hunters this guy is cool the spred shot is only used for crowd control for me and only damg you can do is with aim shot cuz the storm shot does almost nuthing its broken for sure aim shot in its own way is also broken this hole class is the way its set up you cant pvp ranged almost at all aim shot broken the storm does not egunf dmg and run what runs i cant get a grup caz the class is broken peeps tell me my aims shots all i got for dps now and it get interupted every second i try to shoot something would be a great dpser if i didint get interupted and had 1 1/2 secs off the charge time will plz plz fix the unviable class the tr all peeps want in party make us a balanced class not a guy that sits on public sqare wanting to qu and waching peeps see hunters and leave sucs realy bad ty for you time
  • Options
    tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2014
    about 3 days i try out my hr's skills and new path at preview server.
    frankly, i really disappointed after seeing nerfed split shot :/
    in my opinion "Hunter Ranger was fragile... Now is broken!" or like someone else's saying "destroyed"
  • Options
    mattmaciolekmattmaciolek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I absolutely love it. I'll trade a nerf to split shot damage for a 7sec invis every 16seconds and a max range stun I can throw out there twice every 10 seconds any day. Also pathfinder paragon gets 2 new very nice personals (passives).
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I absolutely love it. I'll trade a nerf to split shot damage for a 7sec invis every 16seconds and a max range stun I can throw out there twice every 10 seconds any day. Also pathfinder paragon gets 2 new very nice personals (passives).

Are u talking about the traps?, whe I used them they were the worst CC i've seen in this game.
  • Options
    tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    Are u talking about the traps?, whe I used them they were the worst CC i've seen in this game.
    totally agree.it's like a bad joke! and that invisibility thing... now we have a "trickster hunter rouge ranger" congratz.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The traps are meh, but Ambush is great for setting up an opener or kill shot. Nothing whatsoever like Rogue stealth.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    donta79donta79 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    masterzold wrote: »
    ok iv been playing for about a month on this game total i always loved hunters this guy is cool the spred shot is only used for crowd control for me and only damg you can do is with aim shot cuz the storm shot does almost nuthing its broken for sure aim shot in its own way is also broken this hole class is the way its set up you cant pvp ranged almost at all aim shot broken the storm does not egunf dmg and run what runs i cant get a grup caz the class is broken peeps tell me my aims shots all i got for dps now and it get interupted every second i try to shoot something would be a great dpser if i didint get interupted and had 1 1/2 secs off the charge time will plz plz fix the unviable class the tr all peeps want in party make us a balanced class not a guy that sits on public sqare wanting to qu and waching peeps see hunters and leave sucs realy bad ty for you time

Ummm don't know what your doing wrong but split shot is nasty high dps, I am a melee build and its still nasty.
  • Options
    donta79donta79 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Anyone play with a Melee Ranger on the test server how bad did we get nerfed?
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    donta79 wrote: »
    Anyone play with a Melee Ranger on the test server how bad did we get nerfed?

If you are talking about the fact that fox's shift was made so it now only hits a single target twice as it's max then technically we are nerfed for damage on a single target by about, however the total damage was buffed so on 2 targets or more you'll see you now hit more make fox's shift much more viable against more targets. Also while shifting about you don't take any damage, so it may be good to get out of awkward situations now to make a melee HR tankier. We've also had a few buffs to a couple of things melee wise. Also I found a nice new melee build using DOT's with the new at-will which will also be viable in PvP and solo PvE. The nerf to split shot was the biggest nerf, it's not even that big of a nerf to it at the moment and I personally still find it viable despite all the doom posts that are posted however you'll find your dps will be lowered if this is that at-will that you choose to spam.
  • Options
    cerebralpyrecerebralpyre Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Blows my mind at the people saying mod3 is a broken Hunter.
    Cerebralpyre 13.2k SW
    Pheryllt - 13.8k HR
    Ginko - 10.3k DC

Puzzl Bochs - lvl38 CW
  • Options
    sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited April 2014
    Split shot will be nerfed "only" for 25%, not 48% as was originally planed... Hmm.
  • Options
    insanedwayninsanedwayn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The new HUnter Ranger Paragon Path has several issues.
    First the Daily: Slashers Mark is not that Bad as everyone says, it is weak but its tactical part is useful. The main problem is that slashers Mark is to expensive. 50% of the Actionspoint (without feat) would be fine.
    Then the Encounter:Ambush is a total fail. The Pathfinder is a support Ranger Paragon Path and this Encounter does not fit in. First the Bonus Dmg is only for the Player and does not support your Group, second the Dmg Bonus is gone when you move, which is not useful.
    The stealthy Part of this power could be useful, but Forest Ghost is just way better. It would be a great Power if it makes your whole Party invisible. I think about something like a stack mechanic. The Ambush could give a certain amount of stacks and every second or attack, one stack goes away. if your attacking frequently the invisibilty is gone very fast and if you're not attacking you can stay longer unseen.
    Beartrap: The Beartrap is just dump. The thing with the loadings is good, but the Radius is very small and the CC is crappy.
    I know its not really possible that that happened, but it would be cool if the HR would throw many small traps in front of him instead of two BigOnes. Of course without loadings. These small traps could do just a little dmg, but the CC should be good, in this way this abbility would be a support CC power AND a AoE attack.
    And finally the At-Wills:Hunters Teamwork is Solid, the duration of the Debuff could be longer, but the skill is fine.
    But if got a problem with the Careful Attack. Its not the thing it does (Debuffing), it is the thing it doesnt do. It does not doing an attack, just marking and debuffing. Just to mention that Hunters Teamwork is a wonderful Replacement for Rapidshot, Careful Attack is an awful Replacement for Rapidstrike. It would be thousand times better, if it would do something like clear the Ground, a fast slashing non target melee attack. And i would rename it with Hunters Attack, because it would fit better.
    Class Abbilities: Battlehoned: Too bee honest not really tested so far, but in my opinion 300 Regen. for 4s each time get Hit, is not bad, probably the Regen. Number could be higher.
    Pathfinders Action: Wonderful Synergy with Concusive Shot, a must have for tanky Rangers and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the Fey-thistle Boon.
    Cruel Recovery: Useless because it is not stacking. It would be awesome if it would be stackable. Of course the stacks can get a time limit OR a heightlimit, but both would be redundant. Because your additional Hitpoints would drain with the timelimit (X seconds and a stack is gone) and with a good crit Rate you would be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. And with a satck height you would be probably just more tanky as a casual HR.

These are MY thoughts about the new Paragon Path and How it would be way more Fun to play.
    I love to play as a Melee/Range Hybrid, but thats just the playstyle and not my Role in a Group.
    I LOVE it to support in every kind of issue, because you are the off Healer, the off DPS, you are not that squishy as a trickster Rouge might be (with so many tanky abbilities) and you are Ranged AND Melee.

The Pathfinder would be the Perfect Paragon Path for Nature feat Players, but the Powers need some improvement.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Blows my mind at the people saying mod3 is a broken Hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMWuhX4_Cfg
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    delete .
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ayroux,

Details about that vid? Black Ice Gear? New Pathfinder spec? Companions? What's he running?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My question is do we get a free respec token since they destroyed most of what was good about the existing paragon path. Not really a question. Respec tokens cost money. Of course they won't...
  • Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    My question is do we get a free respec token since they destroyed most of what was good about the existing paragon path. Not really a question. Respec tokens cost money. Of course they won't...

curious about this too. i thought i read it somewhere but can't find it again for the life of me
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    They almost definitely will give all GWFs and HRs free respecs, based on what they've done before with mod changes.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF