test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master of the hunt

itstheyokitstheyok Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I can't see a search function, but I heard that by farming master of the hunt skirmish there is a chance to drop artifacts..

Was just wondering who, if anyone has had any success with this, and roughly how many runs it took.....dropping lots of barkshield shards, which is a nice little AD earner I suppose :)
Post edited by itstheyok on

Comments

• Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any skrimish can drop artifacts,it just depends on RNG/Luck,i find other skirmishes are shorter than master of the hunt so it would be easier to do other ones for faster completion(IMO).
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gman118 wrote: »
    Any skrimish can drop artifacts,it just depends on RNG/Luck,i find other skirmishes are shorter than master of the hunt so it would be easier to do other ones for faster completion(IMO).

i've heard the same, FWIW. I'd also recommend, if you decide to go that route, farming the Dread Legion Skirmish instead, as it goes VERY fast with a decent group
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The barkshield shards that drop from MoH are bound, so you can't sell em! I've never had an artefact drop from a skirmish and I've run a lot of them. It doesn't mean they don't drop, but I prefer to farm the Dread Ring daily dungeons because they're quicker and drop other goodies from the end chests too.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd say the chance is about 1%. Any skirmish can have them in their last chest. Me and my girlfriend have done about 300 blakelake terror skirmishes total (shortest skrimish, 3min) and gotten 2 catalogues and 1 lantern from it. Also, two other people in my guild got lucky and both found a lantern once on their way to level 60.

You can find: lantern, catalogue and waters there. they are unbound. if you see any of those artifact in green in the AH, they are from skirmishes.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if you see any of those artifact in green in the AH, they are from skirmishes.

not necessarily, they can drop in Dungeons as well
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    drscone wrote: »
    The barkshield shards that drop from MoH are bound, so you can't sell em!

It was confirmed that this was a bug with the flags, rather than intentional. As is traditional with Neverwinter, however, the bug was never fixed.

You can reset them to be not bound by stacking them with unbound shards of the same type, and then splitting the stack. This is not considered an exploit, as they aren't truly bound anyway.

HTH.
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Holy Moley. I never knew that :) Still too bored to run MoH to farm the shards tho.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?