What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

lvl 60 gwf

simonec1simonec1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hi.
Just hit lvl 60 today.
What gear should first get and what enchanment?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey there!

Congrats on hitting level 60! :)

What paragon path did you choose, and/or what do you want your character to do?

There are a slew of threads (not just mine by any means!) on the forums with good information for you on GWF guides... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    simonec1simonec1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm swordmaster.
    Only for pve.
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you're ready for the Tier 2 Dungeons, go for the Avatar of War set.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    ancyrasancyras Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello,

Gratz on lvl 60. I'm a new player of neverwinter too but i'm playing gwf since some couple weeks. I was looking answer of that question and found now :)

I read forums, watched lots of videos and done many dungeons. Still missing lots of gear but I solved what a GWF need for PvE and PvP...

GWF has too many variants of playstyle. PvE dps, PvE tank, PvP dps, PvP tank, Full pure-dps (glass cannon like me) or full tank (low dps) or hybrid. You said you think for PvE. So I suggest you think both dmg and survivability. (HP+Def+Deflection+Lifesteal+Regen) You can choose to go full dmg oriented on powers, feats, gear and boons. Then you"ll be like a aoe rogue :) or can select some survival stats by gear or by feats which doesnt make you die 1shot from some abilities. You"ll find which is best for you by playing.

I still build gear on my hero but can share my experience from new 60's :

1. Run T1 dungeons like CT, CC at Dungeon Delves time. Easy dungeons with pugs and chest at the end gives %100 epic. Get Berserker set. 2 set bonus +450 crit,

2. Do Sharandar and Dread Ring daily campain quests and solo dungeon everyday. You need boons as stat, MC and VT key for later end game and you can get even good epics from quest chests.

3. Run Gauntlygrym PvE, PvP event whenever event on and make multi runs of FC dungeon, (It gives you lots of tokens. Usually I do 3-5 times according to group setup and like 18+ coins) and with that tokens you can buy Vailant Duelist set which is close to Avatar set (have same stats as power crit but a bit more PvE tanky piece) and Valiant duelist greatsword which is good at PvE, later when you get avatar set you can turn them to PvP gear or can use if you need more survival stats. For Avatar set, it needs a bit better group for to run T2 dungeons. Which need to be done with a bit geared and experienced ppl (some bosses need tactic) but if you done 1-2 time you"ll solve tactics and mechanics, easy cake then.

It can be hard to make 4p Avatar set easly if you dont have guild or team help you in dungeons and pugs can be wipefest sometimes. I got my head piece from SP after 3 runs with guild. (Thanks Mhoram btw our guild leader spend time).

Until getting 4P Avatar, you can use 2P Avatar + 2P berserker (+450 crit) or vailant duelist (+1800 HP) (grym). Valiant duelists stats are better then berserker btw.

4. And with unicorn and drake seals, which you get from bosses, you can buy some nice jewels or other items you missing. (Later you can salvage and turn them to AD.)

I love my gwf sw-destroyer PvE build. with 12k gs i do nice dmg. GWF = AoE butcher and I love CW's Arcane Singularity which collect mobs and make us hit all, and make me see lots of numbers at screen xD

You MUST and MUST have soulstone armor enchant in dungeons (which res you when you die), and vorpal as weapon echant. Vorpal is the most expensive piece I want atm. I have only normal vorpal atm, wish can see perfect one day.

Thats it, play safe, use unstoppable smartly... dont forget dead GWF=useless. Have fun of that good class.