test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Logon timeouts between character changes

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
System constantly logon timeouts when changing between characters .
I wait a few secsonds and confirm the clock is counting down , but then it stalls when it is supposed to be bring up the list of my characters to choose from .
Every time between selections it times out and I have to relog in .
Anyone else getting this issue ???
Post edited by pelgrax on

Comments

• stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm having this happen on the Gateway. Might be related.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • zibraliszibralis Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm experiencing problems with logging on and switching to characters on the gateway as well. In-game character switches log me out as well.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same issue, started this morning
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having issue as well. Everything works fine until I try to change characters on gateway or in game. Just times out over and over......and over and over..................
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the same issue occasionally, mostly when I either switch between them right after prayer or if I had been playing one for a long period of time. My take on it is similar to the urban legend of everyone flushing at once in the sense that perhaps at that very moment in time many are logging in...? Doubtful, but it keeps me from just wanting to throw my laptop across the room lol.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same issue on Gateway for me, can't test in game right now.
  • razorbladz210razorbladz210 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having the same issue here, too.
  • geoffahfahgeoffahfah Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am also experiencing timeouts on the gateway, ingame character switches seem to be fine (for me anyway)
  • lking73lking73 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hangs up and logs me out when switching toons (server timeout or cannot find client server), got logged out and now cannot log in. This is all in game

EDIT- now able to log in and as long as I let the timer time out and switch on it's own I can change toons without logging out, but if I try to change early it logs out every time.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's definitely a problem that has cropped up recently.

For the last few days the gateway has been running really, really slowly on firefox. So I fired up Internet Explorer to see if it still had problems and it ran smoothly.

As of a few hours ago Internet Explorer was timing me out every time I tried to switch characters. Now it's every time I try to log on and select a character. So I switched back to Firefox and the gateway is now working fine there.

I doubt it's my computer or connection. I think they're fiddling with something behind the scenes that is affecting the gateway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zenzebzenzeb Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    darn fiddlers , I bet they are related to the Harpers. Always causing trouble!

violist06.gif

same problem here, btw....
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gateway is jackked up for me as well. Grrr - would really like to manage my Leadership tasks right now.
  • ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1 for me on both in-game logins and gateway. Looks like a server is acting up and when we hit it in the rotation, boom, no good.

cheers
    Ello
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Were you guys originally on Dragon Server? The errors seem to be pointing to that character/account database. Actually, it appears to be Mindflayer *AND* Dragon. My toons that were originally on MF have the same problem. -_-
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    methuselas wrote: »
    Were you guys originally on Dragon Server? The errors seem to be pointing to that character/account database. Actually, it appears to be Mindflayer *AND* Dragon. My toons that were originally on MF have the same problem. -_-

Same issue and I was on Beholder so I'm not sure that's it.
  • zylliannzylliann Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    issues now with the gateway I can log in but once i switch timeout's
  • ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Now i cant login no matter what i try... :mad:
  • anjir4anjir4 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was originally Dragon and it happens to me too. Has been since a few hours back. Thought it was my job laptop's game that was broken at first, or problems with some ports or stuff, but it happens on my home PC too..
    Foundry author: anjir4. Please check out my foundry quest(s)! :D
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1 for gateway and ingame.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yup...been happening to me all morning long. Timed out after I try to change characters
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Argh, having to kill and restart the client due to login server fails is getting really old.

Edit:

Well, at least I'm getting an entirely new message when changing characters now- "Player Booting Failed".
  • daisojindaisojin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yup same problem :(
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    i'm also experiencing the same thing though, this has been happening since yesterday
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same here, very often a "change char" turns into a "log out".
    For a while I thought it was because of mini-patches, because when logging again I could see the patch bar getting active for a few seconds. But that would really make quite a lot of mini-patches every day.