test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale Live on May 13, 2014

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in News & Announcements
Check our official website for more details on our frosty new Module!

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3042373
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Another 4 weeks testing , good call xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's been up on the preview server since March 21st. That will be about 7 weeks of testing.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    yay!!!

:D
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but are we not getting new races or classes in this one? I don't do PvP and feel sort of excluded. The guys behind the game are awesome and do a lot of awesome work, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I would like to be able to explore all the new areas without being flagged for PvP.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Game settings grow up so fast, don't they? It seems like it was only 22 years ago that Kessel summarily done unto ...
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It's been up on the preview server since April 21st. That will be about 7 weeks of testing.

Psst. Today's only April 17th.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but are we not getting new races or classes in this one? I don't do PvP and feel sort of excluded. The guys behind the game are awesome and do a lot of awesome work, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I would like to be able to explore all the new areas without being flagged for PvP.

There's a TON of misinformation going around. The new areas have Open World PvP areas that are clearly marked. You can do everything in the new module without ever flagging for PvP.

They did put additional resources in the PvP areas to encourage people to venture into them, but they in no way prevent you from progressing in the module.

tl;dr None of the content REQUIRES PvP.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no new class :( my guess is that it will be every other mod...and with mods coming 3 a year...we should get one in mod 4 around august...and then one in mod 6 next may...
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And even in the PvP area you MAY be able to complete a PvP quest without combat.

There's a TON of misinformation going around. The new areas have Open World PvP areas that are clearly marked. You can do everything in the new module without ever flagging for PvP.

They did put additional resources in the PvP areas to encourage people to venture into them, but they in no way prevent you from progressing in the module.

• Options
    edited April 2014

It is getting harder to tell what is ideal and what isn't. I only made the comment from what I had heard from another moderator. I try not to complain as I am in college for game developement and so know how difficult it can be to produce the simplest simulation, I was just hoping for a new class LOL Maybe I will give PvP another go, but just found it to be wrought with rubberbanding and glitching but the concept was good. If all else fails then if what you say is true I shall still find enjoyment and addiction :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Psst. Today's only April 17th.

LOL I think they meant March
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ...and Foundry on Preview STILL remains down since March 21.
    Perhaps it will be up the week before release for testing.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kind of wish there was a dungeon in there, but still lucking forward to the new module. I hope they'll be boe stuff we can sell in the epic skirmish though so we'll have some form of real repeatable content. It looks like it may be bop though which would be very disappointing once we have our own gear. It's be tempting to leave at that point since the old content is, well old, and the newer content is bop and unrewarding so I hope that can change.

It's been a while since mod 2, so hopefully you'll have time to also make it a relatively bugless launch.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    On the one hand, Woohoo! Expansions and new content for games is always great. On the other; BAAH! Its the day I finally rejoin the ranks of the gainfully employed, and so won't get much time to give it a spin (straight away at least).
  • Options
    nickybarlow1nickybarlow1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are there gonna be any new encounters added to foundry with this update?
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was wondering if the Dev's, have any plans on balancing out the armour and weapon enchantments,on the coming module. Some are useful and others,mainly due to internal cooldowns or because they are broken,are not. I think it is a pity that 80% of players,if not more,are using only 3 weapon enchants mainly Vorpal, Plague and Lightning,while the rest enchants pretty much gather dust.The same applies to Armour enchants too,soulforged and Barkskin, and it pretty much beats the purpose of having more than 3 in game.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    roveradonroveradon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nice game !!!
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no new class?????
    ...no comment...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no new class?????
    ...no comment...

Nope. If the previous 2 modules are any indicator, we may get a new class with module 4...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not another broken patch? When will the developers get their fingers out?

1. EVERY single NPC and vendor on the entire Tower District map thinks they are an exhausted node, so I have 6 quests I cannot turn in and I cannot progress. This is particularly bemusing as when you clean out a Professions Node, it DISAPPEARS! It does not stay there and say another player has already exhausted it. How on EARTH did they get the vendor to behave like that when the Nodes do not even behave like that?

2. I suddenly cannot start threads or post attachments on this forum. What's up with that?

~
  • Options
    sleepymummysleepymummy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi there
    Got an email with a code to redeem for some nice free stuff for the new module but my partner didn't who has a separate account to me. Did everyone get them or was it random and he wont get one ever? Hes a bit ****ed really as he plays WAAAYYYY more than me!
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi there
    Got an email with a code to redeem for some nice free stuff for the new module but my partner didn't who has a separate account to me. Did everyone get them or was it random and he wont get one ever? Hes a bit ****ed really as he plays WAAAYYYY more than me!

i was actually wondering what people were going about in zone chat...so some people got a random email with a giveaway code? dang why didn't i get one :'(
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    They have done these random giveaways before. Not everyone will get a code, it's "random" who gets it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    only thing I got was an anouncement saying my melee/ranged shift quest was outdated... got that on all my non HR, but not with my HR... anyone else get that? I didn't even know there was such a quest lol
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For improving the code so my slow laptop can now make the
    game look crisp and more lush. I appreciate the work.

Looks beautiful now. :D
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?