test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quality of life Ideas (that you can Sell!)

vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
As any neverwinter rper knows one thing NW is really short on is emotes
Even emotes that are in sto and CO such as Sitchair seem to be lacking in NW
While it would be nice for NW to just add emotes to the list I feel NW wont put
time and effort into a PURE quality of life addition.

In champions online they have managed to sell emote packs of dances
selling emote packs would be another solution have a barhopper pack
with emotes that are are already used by NPCs in taverns such as:
sit chair, wall lean, chat,

One of the most popular emote types is the type where you whip out
a prop, such as Drink/holdcup, tea, hold torch, read book, read scroll
and one thing that seems to get NW devs excited is filling up inventory space
so i thought Emote OBJECTS. stuff you can buy for zen or find in events
they go in quick slots and trigger prop emotes. so you can find a read book
(possibly several of different colours) mugs teacups glasses and bottles for drinking
torches, scrolls, baskets that you can toss flowers/snow/rice/confetti from,

Role-players often do not grind content as fast as other players and its likely we buy actual zen
cards because of it. And these types of Quality of life additions do not affect game balance
and will probably not be used in PVP (unless some pvper wants to whip out a teacup after a kill)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Excellent idea. I don't RP or anything, but I think it's cool that people do. Those tarnished mugs from the Tower District and the 6 silver piece Tomes ya get sometimes in chests could suddenly have a purpose. Even the feather and the chipped orc's tooth! Oh! And just imagine what you could to with 1 foot of rope or some of the other stuff from the Robe of Useless Items.

Emote: Fiddle about with object- Orc's tooth
    [Opa Loka pulls out a chipped orc's tooth and flips it into the air, catching it in his other hand and quickly pockets it.]
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the D 20 from useless robe has an emote you can roll it (it allways gets a 20) but id imagine emote objects would not be junk, i can see them selling for zen or dropping in dungeons like artifacts.

maybe have one or 2 craftable that reflect your profession (at max level) ie a mix potion emote for alchemists, an anvil emote for blacksmiths, an embroidery ring for tailors. imho professions should also be able to make fashion objects at level 60 that looks like armor, or for weapon smiths/alchemists/artifists make a tool belt/smock or other work clothing that would fit the profession.

Also I think it would be so nice to get more cosmetic and themed objects from events other than weapon skins/pets like the pocket bunny from april or masks for haloween.

even for people who do not activly rp dressing and acting the part while you level enhances immusion
    and makes the game seem deeper than just reading alone. and goofing off while yourwaiing on your party is always a big staple of D&D in any form.

Gear will always become outdated, Pets and mounts have a definable game mechanic that can give people advantages in end game and PVP, but fashions / emote items can be a sign of prestige without affecting people who do not care for them.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't know if you saw this post -
    STICKIED Quality of Life Thread
    - but you might want to get yours added to the list.

Being stickied and all, it might get some attention.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Done, more visibility for good suggestions is alway a pleasure to give!

Thanks chaoscourtesan for promoting the use of the QoL thread!

As for this suggestions, i still don't understand why they don't push RP a little more by adding some emote

And i don't understand why we never got any real flip coin/roll dice emote

/emote roll d20
    /emote roll d100
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    And i don't understand why we never got any real flip coin/roll dice emote

/emote roll d20
    /emote roll d100

They do have the /roll command. They just need to make it work.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Rp'ers seem to be the most ignored portion of any mmo fanbase, and probably the easiest to satisfy. We all scream for balance and more content and better loot, and rp'ers want tables and chairs they can sit in. I wonder how a game would sell if it were designed as a roleplay heavy game. Seriously niche, but doable i think.