test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Completed] Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 4/16 7 AM PDT (Pacific)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

We'll be performing maintenance tomorrow 4/16 at 7am PDT (Pacific). We have moved the date up to sync with a server check that must be made tomorrow. The estimated downtime is 90 minutes but may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

There will not be a patch this week, just a restart and double checking a few things with the server.

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (7:02 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun.
Update 2 (7:30 AM PDT) Maintenance is progressing as planned. Estimated downtime has not changed.
Update 3 (8:10 AM PDT) Doing some final checks. Servers should be back up soon.
Update 4 (8:33 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no patch yet! ?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    2 weeks no patch, and there's still a lot of broken stuff... :/
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    2 weeks no patch, and there's still a lot of broken stuff... :/

your toaster's broken, your car needs gas and there is four feet of snow in your front yard. it's just you that can take care of all of these things because you built the toaster yourself, the phone lines are down so you can't call little johnny from down the street to shovel the snow out of your yard and you don't have cash for gas, just your credit card. what do you take care of first?
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    your toaster's broken, your car needs gas and there is four feet of snow in your front yard. it's just you that can take care of all of these things because you built the toaster yourself, the phone lines are down so you can't call little johnny from down the street to shovel the snow out of your yard and you don't have cash for gas, just your credit card. what do you take care of first?

I hire someone to care about my life because i'm obviously not capable of doing that myself.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hire someone to care about my life because i'm obviously not capable of doing that myself.
    not sure if pun intended but if yes then: nice one

OT: well, it's gonna be CTA for sure but will we get mod3 before or after easter?
  • Options
    irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited April 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    not sure if pun intended but if yes then: nice one

OT: well, it's gonna be CTA for sure but will we get mod3 before or after easter?

Well seeing Easter is this weekend, and no patch I would assume it is after.....
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They will probably be saving up a lot of fixes for various broken things to add at the same time as module 3.

dwightmc wrote: »

There will not be a patch this week

No patch? don't you have a CTA to add or did that get added a few weeks back? O_o
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    broadsie69broadsie69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good to know, thanks for the info, only been trying to log on for 30 mins >.<
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    broadsie69 wrote: »
    Good to know, thanks for the info, only been trying to log on for 30 mins >.<

Didn't you notice the bright red writing that says when the scheduled maintenance begins and also the big red server offline light at the top of the page?
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    litaaers wrote: »
    Just because someone defends a point, does NOT make them a fanatic. She could be right, as in this case.

sanesjka, this comment was unnecessary. Consider editing it, eh?

Having worked in software QA, I can tell you that what the end-user thinks is the highest priority is almost NEVER what the actual priority is. Once you start a point upgrade, you finish it, on time if possible. You want more people to work on fixing issues? Then stop complaining, and go cheerlead for the game. Get more people to play, because more people playing = more chance of Zen purchases = more money for staff.

Or, learn programming and make suggestions.

Having also worked for QA I can tell you that a lot of what's prioritize is driven by the highest paying customer, sometimes enhancement requested by these customer come before minor fixes to other functionality. Because $$ talks.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Having also worked for QA I can tell you that a lot of what's prioritize is driven by the highest paying customer, sometimes enhancement requested by these customer come before minor fixes to other functionality. Because $$ talks.

I requested a lot of very minor enhancements, just QoL, nothing that would even remotely affect game balance. I also sunk thousands of USD in the game.

Guess what?

None were ever implemented.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I requested a lot of very minor enhancements, just QoL, nothing that would even remotely affect game balance. I also sunk thousands of USD in the game.

Guess what?

None were ever implemented.

Yeah you think you are one of the highest paying customer with a few thousands USD? lol, bet you if Hasbro want your Gelatinous Cube to be Pink instead of Green it would be. Customers include business partners that are getting services from you.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Yeah you think you are one of the highest paying customer with a few thousands USD? lol, bet you if Hasbro want your Gelatinous Cube to be Pink instead of Green it would be. Customers include business partners that are getting services from you.

Fair enough, I never thought about you were meaning big businesses. Of course you cannot compete with that.

I thought you were meaning just players.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    litaaers wrote: »
    Get more people to play, because more people playing = more chance of Zen purchases = more money for staff.

Or, learn programming and make suggestions.
    Or they can just take the sign of more income being a good sign and pocket all of the money instead of making the game better. Not happy with a game? Vote with your wallet, leave, or voice your concerns and hope for the best.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »

I love puzzle like these:

So I should fix the toaster first, obviously, since I need to eat toast to get Energy to Shovel the yard, so I can run to the gas station and use an approved container to get gas and pay at the pump with my credit card.

While I'm there I should run inside and ask if the cashiers' phone is working and if I can borrow it to call the telecom company and tell them I'm switching to the same company as the gas station.
  • Options
    waferthinwaferthin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So no announcement for when Mod 3 is coming out? no circa date?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    waferthin wrote: »
    So no announcement for when Mod 3 is coming out? no circa date?

I would rather they wait until the last minute to announce the launch date of mod 3 so they can push it back if need be, rather than announce the date way ahead of time and launch a mod that is not ready.
This discussion has been closed.