test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

people for group testing for kessel skirmish

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
Hi ,
Like quite a few people I will be able to get access to the skirmish tomorrow .
Looking for people to group with to test the skirmish .
Please add names here so that we can try to co-ordinate times and groups to test this skirmish .

@pelgrax
Post edited by pelgrax on

Comments

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    Hi ,
    Like quite a few people I will be able to get access to the skirmish tomorrow .
    Looking for people to group with to test the skirmish .
    Please add names here so that we can try to co-ordinate times and groups to test this skirmish .

@pelgrax

I'm available niadain@niadan

17k CW HV/Black Ice 2×2

Primarily eastern standard US as I live in Florida
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Niadain ,

can you see if it at least lets you queue for the skirmish without giving you an " insufficient stats error " .
    The 2 pieces ( fully empowered ) should give you the required 20% black ice resistance ( like myself ) but it errors for me when I try to queue for the skirmish .
    Please attempt to queue by yourself and see if it errors - if it does then it is likely a bug from when they changed it from requiring 4 pieces .
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It IS currently bugged. Others are reporting being able to que once they have OVER 20%.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry. Does this skirmish open only for players who are wearing black ice equipments?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    they must have set the requirement as >20% rather than >= 20% black ice resistance .
    Great programming .......
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Would anyone be able to stream the content on twitch or put it up on youtube if its allowed
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry. Does this skirmish open only for players who are wearing black ice equipments?

Yes you need at least 20% black ice resistance , we are trying to figure out whether that means 2 or 3 peices of gear because it looks like they got something wrong in the entry requirements , the amount of gear is easy enough to obtain , you just need to farm mine a lot of black ice and process it to buy the pieces from the guy who sells the basic gear then enhance it.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yes you need at least 20% black ice resistance , we are trying to figure out whether that means 2 or 3 peices of gear because it looks like they got something wrong in the entry requirements , the amount of gear is easy enough to obtain , you just need to farm mine a lot of black ice and process it to buy the pieces from the guy who sells the basic gear then enhance it.
    Do enhanced gears "wear out" over time so that you need to keep farming black ice to enhance it?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Do enhanced gears "wear out" over time so that you need to keep farming black ice to enhance it?

Yes (only while in combat) in order to keep the maxed stats. Two levels of enhancement.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yes but like niadan said only in combat so it isn't that difficult to keep topped up plus there are potions you can get that slow down how fast it degrades .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @niadan and @iambecks1, thank you. The dev blog post said the rewards will be powerful and unique. By any chance, do you know what the rewards are?
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sort of. Like naidan and others have said, it "wears out" but only in combat. Keeping it fully empowered is not gonna be an issue. I sometimes spend up 12 hours playing and so far just to top it off each day has been less then 200 Black Ice per item, and that is with letting it just drop to 94%. Before you lose a level of empowerment you have to drop below 75% or so.

I guess I need to to let it drop to next lower tier. Actually there are 3 tiers to the Black Ice Gear. Tier 1 the original that you craft, then tier 2 and 3 that you put black ice into to empower "charge up". Each tier last 8 hours of combat, which is a lot.

THe mining black ice to empower the gear will not be significant. The bottle neck will be mining and refining the black ice to make the set pieces. Don't let the little amount needed to empower it worry you. Heck you cannot even make a full set until you have done the dailies 35 times assuming you get lucky and get the very basic item needed as a drop.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @niadan and @iambecks1, thank you. The dev blog post said the rewards will be powerful and unique. By any chance, do you know what the rewards are?

There is black ice cloaks, and rings from the Skirmish. A kick *** artifact Beholder also drops there.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks @cayapp. I thought having to keep black ice gears enchanced might make gameplay stressful. But it looks like things will be fine.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Random Thoughts

I am sure some of this could go to different posts, will do that later.
    It is too early for me not finished my first cup of coffee.

Also you can buy 3 of the 4 set items for the armor and 1 of the 2 weapons. The gloves which you cannot buy, drop from several HE. Honestly I do not remember where main hand weapon drops when it was listed in the tool tips. You will have to do the skirmish to get the crafting asset to make your off hand as it only drops there.

One of the 2 rings is crafted, and not a drop.

Also empowering is instant, which I think is the right way to handle it, and not crafted.

And yes you can also get a yeti companion through questing.

High defense, deflect and lifesteal as well ArmP, Crit, and Power are very important in mod 3. I changed some boons, enchantments, and my armor around to accomplish this. I really do not struggle as an HR, yes I can easily solo all the 2-3 man HE, and usually the last die on the larger, and in most cases can keep kiting, and dps'ing while group is running their asses back to the encounters. I do not spare the use of potions either. So I would say since mod 3 I have become a very tanky, self healing HR. I am sure I could do some of the larger HE but for one thing the mobs have an insane amount HPs it takes too long to solo them since the events are timed and go poof if you go over the timer.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Random Thoughts
    Also you can buy 3 of the 4 set items for the armor and 1 of the 2 weapons. The gloves which you cannot buy, drop from several HE. Honestly I do not remember where main hand weapon drops when it was listed in the tool tips. You will have to do the skirmish to get the crafting asset to make your off hand as it only drops there.
    I got my main hand from Dwarven Valley form the 3-5 man encounters. Am I right that arms also drop there. I also got an epic crafting material to upgrade the armour piece but no arms yet... I'd like to enter but they need to either fix the requirements or my arms need to actually drop. We partied up yesterday and I was the only one to get anything of worth oddly. Kind of hard to get people to help on the harder heroics.

Also what I've personally done is empowered my items and still using my old gear around icewind unless I enter the skirmish so that I don't need to spend as much ice maintaining it while I get the rest of my pieces. My hv set isn't really letting me down.