test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please put level limits on augments

breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
I've noticed a growing trend lately and it really is bothersome. Over the last few days of pvp there are a few that feel the need to augment weapons to the extreme in low level pvp matches. Glowing weapons in a 10-19 pvp match is just sad. For the new players trying out pvp they just get absolutely steamrolled.

There really is no need to augment like that in such a low level match. Any player can out skill a new player. Please devs put a limit or at least disable augment benefits until 40 on up. Give some of the new players at least a shot at staying alive for more then 10 seconds.

I have the augments I choose not to use them. And still I end up in the top 3 high score each round. And for all you who do it for the head hunter title. I pity you. Earn it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've noticed a growing trend lately and it really is bothersome. Over the last few days of pvp there are a few that feel the need to augment weapons to the extreme in low level pvp matches. Glowing weapons in a 10-19 pvp match is just sad. For the new players trying out pvp they just get absolutely steamrolled.

There really is no need to augment like that in such a low level match. Any player can out skill a new player. Please devs put a limit or at least disable augment benefits until 40 on up. Give some of the new players at least a shot at staying alive for more then 10 seconds.

I have the augments I choose not to use them. And still I end up in the top 3 high score each round. And for all you who do it for the head hunter title. I pity you. Earn it.

Well your last sentence sort of argues against the need for such a mechanic.
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Well your last sentence sort of argues against the need for such a mechanic.

How so? I am an established player.

Am I to assume you enjoy having a very unbalanced low level pvp match?

Having a 4 or 5k gs at 10 is ridiculous and extremely unbalanced.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The other poster was talking about this comment:

"I have the augments I choose not to use them. And still I end up in the top 3 high score each round."
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The other poster was talking about this comment:

"I have the augments I choose not to use them. And still I end up in the top 3 high score each round."

I know what he was talking about. Once again I am an established player. New players starting out are learning the game. There is absolutely no need to have perfect vorpals in a 10-19 match. Please explain to me the reason for needing it?
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I'm 100% F2P player. I've been around since Beta, created many characters, made and lost AD numerous times, and have worked hard to create a small semblance of wealth in a game. I've tried dozens of specs, power combinations, and have adjusted my play style in concert with the continuous changes made to Neverwinter. I still remember getting all Rank 6s on my main and feeling so amazingly accomplished.

That being said, I have earned it.

You can get to level 60 in less than a week. Who cares about twinking?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • forumposter1234forumposter1234 Banned Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    These are players leveling new toons, they want to make it as easy as possible, so they transfer their enchants or just buy all their end game gear upfront and use the enchants while leveling. PvP is a good thing to do to cover quest gaps and just for a change of pace. They aren't there specifically to troll your lowbie PvP toon.

But it sounds like that's what you are doing and you are mad cause someone new is coming through every few days and whuppen your ***.
  • boddiharmaboddiharma Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can get to level 60 in less than a week. Who cares about twinking?

It looks like you do since your defending it.
    edited April 2014
    These are players leveling new toons, they want to make it as easy as possible, so they transfer their enchants or just buy all their end game gear upfront and use the enchants while leveling. PvP is a good thing to do to cover quest gaps and just for a change of pace. They aren't there specifically to troll your lowbie PvP toon.

But it sounds like that's what you are doing and you are mad cause someone new is coming through every few days and whuppen your ***.

I didn't get that impression. Looks like he has a join date from awhile back. I think he just wants pvp to be competitive instead of a lopsided win do to gear not skill.

Leveling is easy either way. Joining a 10-19 group and being indestructible is silly. Go zerg PVE the xp is better and quicker. Augmenting for pvp is not about getting xp quick its about not feeling the shame of dieing. It's just a cover up sure you get the title but you will be just as bad at pvp once you get to the 60 level and get stomped.

There is no gap in xp anyone can go through pve and get to 60 without pvp. Nice try.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    boddiharma wrote: »
    I didn't get that impression. Looks like he has a join date from awhile back. I think he just wants pvp to be competitive instead of a lopsided win do to gear not skill.

Leveling is easy either way. Joining a 10-19 group and being indestructible is silly. Go zerg PVE the xp is better and quicker. Augmenting for pvp is not about getting xp quick its about not feeling the shame of dieing. It's just a cover up sure you get the title but you will be just as bad at pvp once you get to the 60 level and get stomped.

There is no gap in xp anyone can go through pve and get to 60 without pvp. Nice try.

There can be a gap in PvE XP where you level quicker than you get fresh quests from Knox, etc.
    I leveled my new GWF(mini-cubik) with mulhourands and r7-8s. Doing the normal questline with mulhourand weapons typically means that you blast content faster than you level. I stacked r8 azures for extra XP to offset this personally. This XP gap can be closed via many methods (foundry, invoke too next level, randomly kill thousands of trash mobs) and most chose to use PvP.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited April 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    There can be a gap in PvE XP where you level quicker than you get fresh quests from Knox, etc.
    I leveled my new GWF(mini-cubik) with mulhourands and r7-8s. Doing the normal questline with mulhourand weapons typically means that you blast content faster than you level. I stacked r8 azures for extra XP to offset this personally. This XP gap can be closed via many methods (foundry, invoke too next level, randomly kill thousands of trash mobs) and most chose to use PvP.

Pvp is extremely slow xp. I don't really believe it. But either or you guys need to have a boost to be able to get through PVE content quickly. Why be against having augments disabled in low level pvp matches?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    boddiharma wrote: »
    Pvp is extremely slow xp. I don't really believe it. But either or you guys need to have a boost to be able to get through PVE content quickly. Why be against having augments disabled in low level pvp matches?

I don't care as I don't twink in PvP. I am merely stating reasons why someone who has twinked a lowbie might chose to PvP.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    a level requirement to use lesser,normal,greater,perfect is one.

Another is to put level requirements on rank 6s, 7s, and so on
  • dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shouldnt be able to use ANYTHING purple til lvl 60 IMO
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    dashartz wrote: »

bad for business.

lockboxes can give you purple gear that can be equipped before 60
    edited April 2014
    dashartz wrote: »

The purples are fine. They add a few stat increases. It doesn't make too much of a difference. Plus cryptic sells those weapon/armor boxes in enchanted lockboxes

Perfect barkshield, perfect vorpal, rank 10 enchantments on the other hand.....

And hey cryptic, if you put a level requirement on enchants, you could sell a few more weapon/armor boxes from keys :cool:
  • delarediadelaredia Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    New players can just as easily buy AD with zen and equip the enchants for themselves. It's not like other games where you really need a level capped main to perfectly twink out your lowbie. And if you've got perfects/10s, you spent real money and should get to use them however you want. I don't pvp at all, I just like leveling alts quickly.
  • xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to point out something. Lesser enchants provide 4.4% bonus damage based on weapon damage approximately. Perfects about 10% if I recall.

Low levels, we are dealing with low numbers, meaning those bonus's are less substantial. 10% from 400 damage, is simply 400+ 40. Not big of a deal. Also in addition, if someone actually bothered to buy and upgrade those enchants, they should be able to use them. Weapon enchants are not cheap at all. Especially now. With that very small bonus to damage output, it is still veeery possible to overcome them.

Now Rank 10 enchants, I would argue the same thing. Diminishing returns handles that quite a bit from getting too outrageous. I wont state about some thats exempt from that. I dont really have any other argument for very very high rank enchants thats as solid as weapon enchants.

There is no armor until the late 40's that have armor enchant slots.

The only weapon enchant I feel is a bit cheap honestly is vorpal at low levels. theres no real viable way to counter that even with someone that has the resources for high level enchants as well except for also matching them with a vorpal.

but my argument for weapon enchants in general is pretty solid. high rank regular enchants questionable but still alright in my opinion. None for armor enchants because its not possible. And vorpal specifically Im kind of against.
  • tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    stop QQ. If you are being facerolled on pvp at low lvls, stop wasting your time, get to lvl 60, earn your stuff and do some real pvp. Or just insert your credit card, like most ppl do.
    edited April 2014
    xushin7 wrote: »
    I'd like to point out something. Lesser enchants provide 4.4% bonus damage based on weapon damage approximately. Perfects about 10% if I recall.

Low levels, we are dealing with low numbers, meaning those bonus's are less substantial. 10% from 400 damage, is simply 400+ 40. Not big of a deal. Also in addition, if someone actually bothered to buy and upgrade those enchants, they should be able to use them. Weapon enchants are not cheap at all. Especially now. With that very small bonus to damage output, it is still veeery possible to overcome them.

Now Rank 10 enchants, I would argue the same thing. Diminishing returns handles that quite a bit from getting too outrageous. I wont state about some thats exempt from that. I dont really have any other argument for very very high rank enchants thats as solid as weapon enchants.

The only weapon enchant I feel is a bit cheap honestly is vorpal at low levels. theres no real viable way to counter that even with someone that has the resources for high level enchants as well except for also matching them with a vorpal.

but my argument for weapon enchants in general is pretty solid. high rank regular enchants questionable but still alright in my opinion. None for armor enchants because its not possible. And vorpal specifically Im kind of against.

+4000 HP at low levels is a big deal.

Also, keep in mind at low levels, HP is lower, defenses are much much lower so that added damage has an increased effect too.

And this defense that "if I bought it, I should be able to do anything with it" is stupid. You can do anything under Cryptic's boundaries. Right now, they allow twinking in PVP so you are in your rights to do it. If cryptic decides to change (which OP is suggesting), then you stop having the right to use perfects at low levels.

It is a defense of why you can twink at low levels today, not a defense of why cryptic couldn't change it tomorrow.
  • dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bad for business.

lockboxes can give you purple gear that can be equipped before 60

You know what else is bad for business? The fact that i've spent money on this game trying to better my char. Then along the road exploiters, glitch abusers have gained more wealth than i ever could throwing real money at this game. Which is why i will never give a "f2p" my money ever again. I learned my lesson.

All I was saying is that new players should have some common ground at low levels. I highly doubt new players coming to this game will stick around after seeing SOME of the many problems. Not to mention the fact that the player base isn't very welcoming nor helpful. So i would be disinclined to recommend this game to anyone.

AND @ the "qq" comment. Originality is fading into the past.
    edited April 2014
    xushin7 wrote: »

The point I am trying to make is that GS plays a huge part in this game. If your wearing Greens with 10 augments in a level 10-19 vs someone with blues and rank 1 augments. That player wearing the blues will get destroyed. Which makes Dungeons pretty much obsolete in this game until 60. In fact that same player could not even bother upgrading their equipment besides their weapons and be able to destroy anyone with normal augments they would get from looting corpses in their level range.

It just makes it incredibly unbalanced when you have a cleric with a headhunter title running around destroying everyone and taking very little damage. New players are going to have a hard time just figuring out how pvp works. I remember my first time I had no idea how the towers worked and couldn't figure out how I lost with the highest kill count on my TR. And back then a 1500 gs was decent in a 10-19 match. Now the bar is set at 3k and higher.

New players are just learning the game. They may not even understand augments. There needs to be some type of limit or disabling in low level matches. Something like teir 3 10-19 tier 4 20-29 tier 5 30-39 tier 6 40-49 no limit 50+.

And about getting through content quickly. I was astounded how easy this game was to level through back in beta. And no one had tier 10 augments to toss around on their freshly made toon. It still only took a week back then to cap. How much time are you really saving? Give me a break.
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I would be fine with scaling augments.

Max rank 4 for 10-19, 5 for 20-29, etc etc.

I slide my good augments over when I start a new toon to make it fast/easy.
    But I still want my dailies on the twink toon.
    It's too expensive to remove the offending augments each time I get PvP dailies.
    But I don't want to be unfair either.
    So I don't feel right doing PvP anymore until in the 40's bracket or so.

I'd love it if I could keep the toon as is and have it scaled down.