test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Treasures instead of Green equipment in end-game areas

ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The title says it all. Green items will drop even in zones (epic dungeons) which you actually cannot access with green equipment, so they will never be an upgrade or useful, and they are pretty much worth nothing.

Green items should drop only in "heroic" storyline areas, but not anymore in "module" areas (Sharandar/Dread Ring) and Epic dungeons.

My suggestion is to swap them for appropriate types of "treasure" that is somewhat stackable (20 units, like other treasures), thus rather than a useless piece of equipment you will find various types of treasures that say something like "A broken weapon/armor. It is no longer usable but can be sold as scrap", and are worth more or less the same as an unidentified green item (1-2s or whatever).

Green enchantments/runestones stay as before (they are still of some use).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My suggestion is to swap them for appropriate types of "treasure" that is somewhat stackable (20 units, like other treasures), thus rather than a useless piece of equipment you will find various types of treasures that say something like "A broken weapon/armor. It is no longer usable but can be sold as scrap", and are worth more or less the same as an unidentified green item (1-2s or whatever).

They could drop a "Basket of Berries" that contains 10-20 "Sweet Berries" treasures.
    ...'cause everyone knows Sweet Berries are extremely valuable!
  • Options
    micconosmicconos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good idea...

Another couple of ideas...

1) I would really like an option to disable the "selling identified items" dialog (maybe only for green items?)

2) How about "deconstructing" gear into crafting materials?...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    micconos wrote: »
    Good idea...

Another couple of ideas...

1) I would really like an option to disable the "selling identified items" dialog (maybe only for green items?)

2) How about "deconstructing" gear into crafting materials?...

First one is coming with mod 3.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    micconos wrote: »

They will address this in mod3:

User Interface

Added a "Do not show me this again" check box for the confirmation window when selling unidentified items.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?641221-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140325a-7
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The title says it all. Green items will drop even in zones (epic dungeons) which you actually cannot access with green equipment, so they will never be an upgrade or useful, and they are pretty much worth nothing.

Green items should drop only in "heroic" storyline areas, but not anymore in "module" areas (Sharandar/Dread Ring) and Epic dungeons.

Green enchantments/runestones stay as before (they are still of some use).

I would have to agree with this as well.

Green items are just... overdone.

If the items were things like Jeweled Challace or Ivory Crafted coffer of Silver, things like that it would be much smoother and more appropriate. The "green magic items" coming out of your ears is a little overly diablo II'ish. D&D treasures work a lot differently than that.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They will address this in mod3:

User Interface

Added a "Do not show me this again" check box for the confirmation window when selling unidentified items.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?641221-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140325a-7

In the mean time you can just hold enter and double click the item while in store to bypass the message.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just drag the item into the Sell section of the Vendors. No message comes out at all. You don't even need to hit a "box", just as long as it's in the general area.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    If I had a silver piece for every time I get the message "everybody has passed on random green <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" I'd be swimmin in them. Nobody loots these items and I think cryptic is well aware that a green equipment drop is the same as nothing dropping. Since every dungeon is bursting at the seams with massive hordes of "trash mobs" (called trash mobs due to the complete trash in their loot pools). The only remotely useful items you can expect to drop from trash mobs is enchants (270 RP each). A little variation would be nice, indeed, even if it isn't anything "better" (which it surely won't be even if they do change this).

Remember, trash mobs are pretty much the only things bots can farm combat-wise, so if you replace the useless green equipment drops with something of value, that value will disappear very quickly as bots will farm them in innumerable quantities.

Anyway, that's probably the main reason you will NEVER see any remotely valuable items from trash-mob loot pools.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So far, it does not make any sense to identify an item, I don't even check the stats or something, I just sell them for gold. There should be a good reason why we identify items and not just because we can sell them for higher price, maybe with a low chance that the item will become a very low tier epic or unique transmutation item i.e in this way, the new players will be able to change them for rough astral diamonds and old players can sell them for more gold or we can have some interesting items: if I identify a blue shield dropped by a cyclope commander it might be his shield i.e.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, one easy solution would be to allow us to dump ID'd greens into artifacts or runes/enchants for some refinement points. Another idea would be to add a system where items can be upgraded - maybe merging 3 green items together could produce a blue one, with a tiny chance to get a purple...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    ...with the stats on the items we put in. That would allow us to create custom gear. Maybe add something with weaponsmithing or another applicable profession. I'd love that.But it would have to be account bound or it'll ruin the economy.

Well, I agree that there'd have to be reasonable limits to what this would allow you to do, but at the same time, if the process to upgrade them was too time consuming, then people would just sell them to free up the inventory space. IMO, it'd have to be something that can be done right on the spot.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A few more ideas for new treasures instead of green items:
    1. Paintings & other artistic-type items
    2. Vases and other pottery
    3. Bolts of fabric (silk, wool, satin, etc. each worth something different when sold due to higher quality materials)
    4. Jewelry (necklaces, rings, crowns, bracelets)
    5. Statues and Statuettes
    6. Sculptures
    7. Tapestries
    8. Taxidermy
    9. Treasure containers (chests, jewelry boxes, etc)
    10. Unique coins and currency
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    3. Bolts of fabric (silk, wool, satin, etc. each worth something different when sold due to higher quality materials)
    6. Sculptures
    7. Tapestries
    8. Taxidermy

That's what I was thinking really,

Items of the same value when sold, but not the constant string of green magic items.

Its all in presentation really.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is a great suggestion seriously, i just pass on all those green because they are not worth the ID scroll..

I added this to the suggestion threads, check my signature! :)
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    6. Sculptures
    7. Tapestries
    8. Taxidermy

You realize we already have such "treasures" for most of those listed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    You realize we already have such "treasures" for most of those listed?

I'm referring to more "Treasure-Like" versions of these..