test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey Clerics, what do you think of Anoitned Army? (Anointed Champions get in here!)

pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Temple
I don't have a Cleric myself but I love whe an AC cleric used Anointed Army (Especially in PVP!) For the CC immune and damage immune (Not sure if AA gives complete immunity on damage)

What do you Clerics, who have it, think of it?
Post edited by pandora1x on

Comments

• herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I swap it with Divine Armor or Flame Strike sometimes. It helps in a clutch when you see everyone's bars around you go down. I do wish it was targetable, but since I am in the midst most of the time - it works.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not crazy about Anointed Army. I really wanted to like it, but it's very situational and takes a bit of luck to make effective.

It absorbs the lion's share of 3 hits on each buffed ally while giving a huge Power buff. Unfortunately the PBAoE is only about as large as Sunburst, and those 3 hits could be tickles of 10 damage or bursts of 10k damage. It's fairly useless if you are getting hit by DoTs or getting chipped at by something like TR At-Wills, Ray of Frost, or Plaguefire.

Unfortunately, as soon as all the buff orbs are expended, the CC immunity and Power buff expire as well.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Never use it when there's HR around..
    Since I still have my moontouched feat , I still prefer to use Hallowed Ground

What do you think when clerics drop Hallowed Ground? The damage buff & mitigation might not be as powerful as Anointed Army, but the uptime and wide radius of it makes it so much more reliable, thus making it the safer bet.

What's your opinion when you do get the 3 orbs of Anointed Army? Doesnt it end so fast compared to hallowed ground?
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In pvp I think it's useless. 3 charges are too few and so it never last more then 1/2 seconds :(
  • pippipoppippipop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    From a PVP perspective: I would like to see the radius improved on this and maybe adding 2 extra blessings - or healing buff like 10-15% extra incoming healing. Another option would be to keep as it is but reduce the AP used to 50%. As it is now it requires extremely good timing and positioning to actually make a difference. To me, it's the absolute hardest skill to use for a DC.

It is useful for control immunity vs. CWs/HRs and to mitigate AOEs like oppressive force, singularity or shard. The related feat is however useless..
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    pippipop wrote: »
    From a PVP perspective: I would like to see the radius improved on this and maybe adding 2 extra blessings - or healing buff like 10-15% extra incoming healing. Another option would be to keep as it is but reduce the AP used to 50%. As it is now it requires extremely good timing and positioning to actually make a difference. To me, it's the absolute hardest skill to use for a DC.

It is useful for control immunity vs. CWs/HRs and to mitigate AOEs like oppressive force, singularity or shard. The related feat is however useless..

I think they're gonna nerf the 5% healing of the anointed army feat to 3% when the buff's gone.. making the feat , which is already useless, to become even more useless. Moontouched also, from 5% per 3 sec to 3% per 3 sec.. Free respec should be issued when they actually do that , since there will be no more reason to climb the faithful spec.
  • iskinderiskinder Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love when another dc casts it, I do not love having it slotted.
  • scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I don't think it's completely useless. The cc immunity part is useful for taking flags. It gives you precious seconds to set up defenses/buff etc without being rooted/strangled/punted/dazed/whatever. It's AoE damage has some utility. The extra power it gives is nice for any accompanying melee. However the small radius means that in general ranged types aren't going to directly benefit. I just look at it like a personal daily and if any allies happen to be in range of it then lucky them.
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    It's prett bad in PVP, it's very situational and you need to have a mele heavy group or people who are willing to stay grouped up in a very small area for you to hit them all with it. Even so, if you use it against a HR/CW/TR it's almost usless. On top of all of that you have to time it just right for it to do much of anything also.
    HG>AA
    edited April 2014
    spani4rd wrote: »
    It's prett bad in PVP, it's very situational and you need to have a mele heavy group or people who are willing to stay grouped up in a very small area for you to hit them all with it. Even so, if you use it against a HR/CW/TR it's almost usless. On top of all of that you have to time it just right for it to do much of anything also.
    HG>AA

All of this. Too many conditions on AA's successful use to make it truly viable.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Well, I dunno what sort of problems you're having with it but for me, I can cast it even after a snare (say from a hr) has been applied and it will remove all but the graphical effect leaving me immune and able to move around unencumbered. Of course it's situational and tbh I'm not completely sold on it but I wouldn't say it's useless. I haven't used it anywhere near as much as all the other dailies though.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At the beginning i liked it a lot - invested in the Feat. Then i respecced because i noticed that i only liked the idea of it.

When i compare now i see NO reason to use it when you cna use HG with the respective Feat.
    edited April 2014
    scozzers wrote: »
    Well, I dunno what sort of problems you're having with it but for me, I can cast it even after a snare (say from a hr) has been applied and it will remove all but the graphical effect leaving me immune and able to move around unencumbered. Of course it's situational and tbh I'm not completely sold on it but I wouldn't say it's useless. I haven't used it anywhere near as much as all the other dailies though.

I wouldn't say that it's useless; it's just not as useful all-around as HG or DA.

AA's associated buffs are great...until something tickles you :P
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't think its good in pvp, its go fast once u get hit
    I did try to use it in 20 Vs 20 PvP (I am a luskan so what ever I try doesn't help)
    its good in PVE and even then only if u have few adds
    I maxed the feat of it, mainly because the other options ae realy bad (~4% divinity or 10% divinity bar on encounter cool down are bit low I think)

I usually use it:
    once we clear the small adds and left with the big ones
    in valindra VT
    in MC I keep it to when valindra pop out, its reduce the time it takes us to kick her off
    and every time we don't need to kill adds, FH for example
  • venerable4bedevenerable4bede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I usually slot both for PVE delves.

Use Hollowed ground when there's a large area of dodging in and out, and as a default go-to skill.

Dodge into melee and use anointed army when you see people are starting to go down to buy a few seconds for people to heal/potion

As noted - horrible for damage over time. In general Hollowed Ground is better. Use anointed army only in rare circumstances where people are about to die.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My Tiefling has Hallowed Ground with Moon Touched and Anointed Army with Ancient Warding.

My Dwarf has Anointed Army with Ancient Warding and Divine Armour with Strength of the Gods.

I find Anointed Army can be very good in Dungeons in level 60 Boss fights where they hit hard. The buffs can last a fair while and the Feat grants 5% of their max hp and AP when it wears off. In a larger battle area with lots of spawns, Hallowed Ground can be better. In PvP, Hallowed Ground is probably the safer bet.

For the Dwarf, he's more damage-based and Anointed Army works well as it damages the enemy as well as buffing the party. But if people are getting low on hp, I use Divine Armour. Again, in PvP, Divine Armour may be better, but it depends on the circumstances.

But I think other Feats may also have a side effect the usefulness of these Dailies.

~