test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning Player needs help!

vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Greetings,

Yesterday I started playing NW again, after some time, the problem is that I landed on Module 2 and I am a bit confussed,
now I am on Shalandar, how should I make my progress now?

For the new areas - besides Shalandar - and for the new dungeons I must raise some reputation to "unlock" these areas?

I have tried to find also the Dread Region on map but is not discovered yet.

I would appreciate any tips/ help of how should I play on Module 2.

Thank you!
Post edited by vylker on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Talk to Knox. Always talk to Knox.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sargent Knocks will give you the missions to unlock both new areas. Check him again. He should also give you a mission to collect your first Artifact (just press "U" if he doesn't, that should do it, if it doesn't, go to the Enchanters Shop, I think it's called, on your own).
    You will be rewarded with, among other things, Zone Specific Currencies for completing missions within the two Zones. These can be used to advance a special set of "Trees" that unlock particular bonuses for your character. Hit the "Alt" key and then use the mouse to select the button that looks like a little flag at the top of your screen. This brings up the "Campaign Window" which will allow you to advance your campaigns and see what you need for your "Boons".

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • xdamned4lifexdamned4life Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2014
    Well the solution for to remedy your problem, and only one that I would seem to know would be to as advised above for to go and speak to Sargent Knox once you had completed a zone for to get sent to the next, however if you happen for to be a Roleplayer or are interested in starting then I would recommend that you check out the official guide that I had made myself on the topic which you can find here.

I do hope though that you're able to troubleshoot this problem and resolve it, wishing you good luck on your future endeavors on Neverwinter, and happy roleplaying!
  • smiterushsmiterush Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hey. sorry to take over but since you already got your answer and i cant make my own thread for some reason i would like to ask if a lot of people actually play this. Because i was waiting for like 30 mins for a dungeon to que and then people leave and come back, its always the same people! also, if you do map switch theres only like 20 servers with 100 people on each server which is very little. I would like to know if im missing somthing, or if im on the dead server (not sure what server im on btw)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    smiterush wrote: »
    hey. sorry to take over but since you already got your answer and i cant make my own thread for some reason i would like to ask if a lot of people actually play this. Because i was waiting for like 30 mins for a dungeon to que and then people leave and come back, its always the same people! also, if you do map switch theres only like 20 servers with 100 people on each server which is very little. I would like to know if im missing somthing, or if im on the dead server (not sure what server im on btw)

There's only 1 server, what you're talking about are instances. The main hub-zone, Protector's Enclave, has an instance cap of like 150 people - if more try to access the zone, a new instance is created. There are also the other zones that people access while leveling up, and you'll find a lot of level 60 players in Sharandar (Feywild campaign), and the Dread Ring, (Shadowmantle campaign).

The long dungeon queues are mainly due to the lopsided nature of what classes most people are playing - the queue typically looks for 1 cleric, 1 guardian fighter, and 3 of the DPS classes - if you are a DPS class, you may have to wait a while. If you don't want to have to deal with that, join or create a full team, then queue for the dungeon. You can check out the legit channel in my sig as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not sure how you would consider 2000 people in just the main hub city as empty. That is not counting all the various leveling zones. The level 60 campaign areas. Or the dungeons and PVP instances. And assuming your observations where made at about the same time you posted. That would be at a time when the vast majority of US players are most likely working or at school.
  • bastcreaturebastcreature Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi all, pretty new to NW and am enjoying it. I've however run into a brick wall. I scoured all the forums and cannot find an answer to my issue. Forum won't let me open up a new thread, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Maybe it's even a bug? In the quest "Old Magic", I am at the part after giving the tomes to Sage Ramiel, where I have to "Enter Sage Ramiel's Workshop", and I have honestly tried everything, and I cannot find a way into the workshop. I've also gone into every building there is an entrance too, except for the one you get into via the "secret passage", where you need to "enter the digit". No combination of digits gets me anywhere.

Please help! I can't move until this is done, as I have done all of the other available quests for my level (19).

Thanks in advance!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi all, pretty new to NW and am enjoying it. I've however run into a brick wall. I scoured all the forums and cannot find an answer to my issue. Forum won't let me open up a new thread, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Maybe it's even a bug? In the quest "Old Magic", I am at the part after giving the tomes to Sage Ramiel, where I have to "Enter Sage Ramiel's Workshop", and I have honestly tried everything, and I cannot find a way into the workshop. I've also gone into every building there is an entrance too, except for the one you get into via the "secret passage", where you need to "enter the digit". No combination of digits gets me anywhere.

Please help! I can't move until this is done, as I have done all of the other available quests for my level (19).

Thanks in advance!

I couldn't find the quest you're talking about - is it a foundry quest? If not, what zone are you in?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I couldn't find the quest you're talking about - is it a foundry quest? If not, what zone are you in?

Yes. That is Eldarth's quest "Old Magic". I have played it so I'll answer the question.

You found the tomes I assume? I don't remember having trouble getting into the workshop once you find the tomes. I can't remember the exact location but you should be able to leave and re enter the quest if it is a map transition you are stuck on. To leave a foundry quest, you can use the door button on your minimap.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.