test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spectral Realm (NW-DHZ7IRI2S)

seranamseranam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Spectral Realm (NW-DHZ7IRI2S) is my first foundry quest! It's story focused, and the combat isn't too hard for a solo-player. Comes with a custom map. I'm thinking it should take 13-20 mins to complete the quest, but I'd need people to play it to know the average time better.

I'd appreciate it, if you could review the quest and comment on it in game or here. If you find things to improve, please let me know! If you want me to review your quest in exchange, just tell me here. :)
Post edited by seranam on

Comments

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, playing through now.

1.) The plaguechanged being here is a little disturbing.

2.) I wouldn't think the child would stand there like that after acting so scared a few seconds earlier.

3.) The Thayans could use some customization.

Any chance you could play "Part VIII: The Halls Of Insanity". The shortcode is NW-DF6X4MARL.

The story might be a little confusing since you have not played parts one through seven, but I know asking someone to play an entire eight part campaign is a pretty tall order. Of course you are welcome to play the rest if you feel like it though.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I know this is your go-to line but since I am working with Thayans now I would point out we have no access to their clothing and we can't change the color of what they are wearing. So for Thayans, what you see is generally what you get.

Seranam: I'll play this tomorrow afternoon for you!
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    edited March 2014
    melinden wrote: »
    I know this is your go-to line but since I am working with Thayans now I would point out we have no access to their clothing and we can't change the color of what they are wearing. So for Thayans, what you see is generally what you get.

Seranam: I'll play this tomorrow afternoon for you!

Oh, ok. Forgot about that. Disregard that part of the post then.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • seranamseranam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, playing through now.

1.) The plaguechanged being here is a little disturbing.

2.) I wouldn't think the child would stand there like that after acting so scared a few seconds earlier.

Any chance you could play "Part VIII: The Halls Of Insanity". The shortcode is NW-DF6X4MARL.

The story might be a little confusing since you have not played parts one through seven, but I know asking someone to play an entire eight part campaign is a pretty tall order. Of course you are welcome to play the rest if you feel like it though.
    Thank you for the review!

I made the monsters plaguechanged, because they were the most "monster-like" creatures. I'll rethink about it though if there are some more suitable costume.

You are right about the child, lol! I will edit her to run away instead after the conversation.

I gave you a short in-game review, and left a longer review through PM not to give too many spoilers here :)
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Welcome the foundry! I played with my level 60 DC.

I thought this was a good start but I also think you can expand on the potential with the story. At the moment it is a little thin. Why were the mages there in the town to study? Is there a great master there? How was their magic different? In the lore of the Forgotten Realms that is a big issue, not that you need to follow that lore necessarily. Where is Ava from, originally? Why do the monsters follow her? I think the answers to these questions will help make the story richer and more engaging.

If you do edit it, let me know and I will play it again.

Play through notes:

-at the first map transition the village appears in the default center spot of the overworld map. You probably want to move this to a spot that makes more sense.
    -in the place where the first memory shard is collected you use the dungeon builder sets. In those some of the ends are still rough meaning they are transparent. You can cover those with some column pieces that match that set.
    -after returning the memory shard the spirit says she will summon a portal but the detail piece it already there. You may want to have that Appear When either a Dialogue Prompt or When Objective Complete
    -in the cave it would be nice if the player had the choice to fight the cowardly wizard or let him go.
    -in Lianne's dialogue the player responds that Ava "seeked for my help" that would be more correct if it were "sought my help"
    -it might be nice if you had the enemies in the hallway of the cave either patrolling or wandering.
    -when speaking to Delmore the player has a response in which the phrase "where you'd be." is repeated at the end.

If you have a chance and could play Rescue in the Silver Marches I would appreciate it!
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
    edited April 2014
    melinden wrote: »
    Welcome the foundry! I played with my level 60 DC.

I thought this was a good start but I also think you can expand on the potential with the story. At the moment it is a little thin. Why were the mages there in the town to study? Is there a great master there? How was their magic different? In the lore of the Forgotten Realms that is a big issue, not that you need to follow that lore necessarily. Where is Ava from, originally? Why do the monsters follow her? I think the answers to these questions will help make the story richer and more engaging.

If you do edit it, let me know and I will play it again.

Play through notes:

-at the first map transition the village appears in the default center spot of the overworld map. You probably want to move this to a spot that makes more sense.
    -in the place where the first memory shard is collected you use the dungeon builder sets. In those some of the ends are still rough meaning they are transparent. You can cover those with some column pieces that match that set.
    -after returning the memory shard the spirit says she will summon a portal but the detail piece it already there. You may want to have that Appear When either a Dialogue Prompt or When Objective Complete
    -in the cave it would be nice if the player had the choice to fight the cowardly wizard or let him go.
    -in Lianne's dialogue the player responds that Ava "seeked for my help" that would be more correct if it were "sought my help"
    -it might be nice if you had the enemies in the hallway of the cave either patrolling or wandering.
    -when speaking to Delmore the player has a response in which the phrase "where you'd be." is repeated at the end.

If you have a chance and could play Rescue in the Silver Marches I would appreciate it!
    Thanks for the review :)

I'm glad you liked the story so far, and you are right it does need more details, likely I'll add more dialogue options later.

-I'm not sure how to make a portal that is used to port to another map appear after objective completes, I tried it but there didn't seem to be an option for it... so the portal is just there from the beginning of that map :( (on the first map I put the portal inside rocks, and made the rocks disappear when Ava summons the portal lol)
    -I'm not sure how to make such a dual option as to either let the mage go or kill him? I liked the idea and I was planning on making it so from the beginning, but failed... :P
    -Thanks for noticing my grammar errors, they'll be fixed.
    -I'll rethink the mob placements and routes on the last map, those were a bit rushed.

I'll play your quest soon too :)
  • wyatthaplowyatthaplo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll have a go now. Would appreciate some feedback on my first foundry NW-DUNNN2WSY
    edited April 2014
    Nice little quest. Good balance of story with combat. Think mine may be more combat orientated.
    edited April 2014
    wyatthaplo wrote: »
    Nice little quest. Good balance of story with combat. Think mine may be more combat orientated.

I played your quest now with my lvl 19 Control Wizard. I have been busy lately so I couldn't play your quest sooner, sorry.

I'm not a native english speaker, but I think you could fix some grammar, such as adding commas. For example after defating Frog:
    "He's down the well guarded by my master. -> He's down the well, guarded by my master."
    Or the quest objective after:
    "Confront Frogs master -> Confront Frog's master."

When getting down the well to the next map, the encounter with the adventurer's party is too hard, with limited space to move. This might be a little easier fight for geared lvl 60 toons, but I play the quest with my low lvl badly geared mage, because most likely it will be those who are not yet max lvl who will play foundry quests. Drained a lot of potions there. I think maybe having the cleric and the warrior might be enough, and move them more towards the central room, instead of having them right at the doorway.

In general, maybe rethink the mob-group positions. There are long hallways, where you could put some mob-groups patrolling. Now, the mob-groups ambush you right after you enter small rooms from the hallway, and they'll all hit you hard at once, so it's hard to try surprising the mobs yourself or to use range advantage from the start of the fight.

Now the most important thing: I could not complete the quest, because Frog's master is inside a room, where every entry-way is closed so you can't enter. You need to move him up, so he'll be on top of the platform so you can talk to him.
    edited April 2014
    seranam wrote: »
    I played your quest now with my lvl 19 Control Wizard. I have been busy lately so I couldn't play your quest sooner, sorry.

I'm not a native english speaker, but I think you could fix some grammar, such as adding commas. For example after defating Frog:
    "He's down the well guarded by my master. -> He's down the well, guarded by my master."
    Or the quest objective after:
    "Confront Frogs master -> Confront Frog's master."

When getting down the well to the next map, the encounter with the adventurer's party is too hard, with limited space to move. This might be a little easier fight for geared lvl 60 toons, but I play the quest with my low lvl badly geared mage, because most likely it will be those who are not yet max lvl who will play foundry quests. Drained a lot of potions there. I think maybe having the cleric and the warrior might be enough, and move them more towards the central room, instead of having them right at the doorway.

In general, maybe rethink the mob-group positions. There are long hallways, where you could put some mob-groups patrolling. Now, the mob-groups ambush you right after you enter small rooms from the hallway, and they'll all hit you hard at once, so it's hard to try surprising the mobs yourself or to use range advantage from the start of the fight.

Now the most important thing: I could not complete the quest, because Frog's master is inside a room, where every entry-way is closed so you can't enter. You need to move him up, so he'll be on top of the platform so you can talk to him.

Yep, same thing happened to me a few days ago.
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for having a go.

I have made some edits. I did a full run through with a level 10 setup and moved the adventurers apart so they can be dealt with seperately. In general i found the combat grinding but not to difficult may use a few potions. Have changed some from hard groups to easy groups to break up the grind a little.

I have also edit some of the dialog. I am native English but not very good. My father in law teaches english as a foreign language and says that english people are never as good as people who have it as a second language because we pick up bad habits growing up with it and foreigners learn it properly :)