test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Races

kpopfan2012kpopfan2012 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What races would anyone like to see playable?
Post edited by kpopfan2012 on

Comments

• lordryuuka1lordryuuka1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dragonborn would be the race I like to see playable. I know most people will make one as a GWF, name it Dovahkiin, and get the Roar ability and spam it and 'FUS ROH DAH!' I like the idea of an honorable race (Half-Orcs notwithstanding).

If not Dragonborn, I would say Orcs. We have various Elves and their half-blood kin, so why not add Orcs to go in with their half-blood?
  • borgcrusherborgcrusher Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dragolichs
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wondered whole time: why thy Gnomes are gone? I had such good Breach-Gnome character in the past XD (aww..)

Other than this: Dragonborn might be a nice choice. Though surely not what we seen from outside of D&D. I mean real ones(!) like Sherincal from Legion of the Chimera! Geez... I loved her inner conflict and complex side to her ideologies as much as her actually half-dragon looks >_<. Even more: as her character was connected to Icewind Dale... I can't help but to hope greatly for TRUE HALF-DRAGON RACE.

Though here a note might be that they were a rarity among rarities in Faerun more or less. Still we have tons of Sun Elves walking down the swordcoast while they were supposed to be rarely seen in a lifetime (at least by the humans). So no biggie stretch for a lore will be Half-dragons. What I worry about is the possibility of them being pay-to-play race :P (it would force me to pay XD)

I hope for Aasimars as they should be counter-part of some degree to Tieflings. Though I guess they would be more of an optional choice than anything revolutionary at this point.

Lastly among my GREAT desires are Avariel! Ok, ok. I know their ideology probably more than average D&D fan and can't find logical excuse of them suddenly appearing inside the whole storyline but... this race is just SOO ENCHANTING!!! I mean really: winged elves with (native) Crystal Weapons would be a good balance to all the 'dark' races we have (Tieflings, Drow 2 versions).

As a comical side-note: why not add Half-Mimics? Before anyone rouses voice: IT IS an official D&D race and wicked as it might be it got proven possible... well then. Why not use it? I surely will make one character based on this race for my concept arts as I already have some bio in cooking but... well seeing them in Neverwinter online might be more than a surprise.

Sincerely yours~Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gnomes. Just gnomes.