test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extend the Respin's Game Time

obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The woodland area has been broken all day.
You find yourself between a stuck bridge
and the DM Shield! lol

None of the story exists behind you, either.

I think you should fix this and extend the Game
thru the weekend. At the least Sunday, so 80%
of the players who play weekends can see
the (hilarious and clever!) woodland area.

You spent so much time, and it's your best work
so far. Please fix and share it!

tyvm
Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
Post edited by obsiddia on

Comments

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I also would appreciate an extension over the weekend.
    Such a lovely scenario!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've had a few problems myself with this skirmish- I am guessing that just like Dungeons, instances that have glitched don't reset.

So any extension, especially to the weekend, woudl be very welcome.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I got everything I wanted and had my fun, I hope that more people can enjoy it too.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't really see it as necessary. If you join a glitched instance just requeue. I hear that it's because of disconnecters who found the key/interacted left.
  • tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    u.u not necessary at all
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's glitched on me twice, but dropping group and re-entering has always fixed it for me. I'd be happy to have more time with the event, particularly over the weekend, but don't expect it.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It would be a nice feature to keep inside the game so that players can do it at any time throughout the future.
    GM of Order of the Raven
    edited April 2014
    meangean88 wrote: »
    It would be a nice feature to keep inside the game so that players can do it at any time throughout the future.

Yes, this is a wonderful skirmish, and would be great if it was made permanent and/or if Foundry authors could be allowed the tools to make similar quests.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, no extension. I DO hope they bring it back though.
    I was able to run the woods, once. My favorite of the two.

If they aren't planning to bring it back, Foundry Tools are a must!
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They should leave it because its that good. Its whimsical, charming and fun. Best case is to let people expand on it in the foundry.
    edited April 2014
    They should leave it because its that good. Its whimsical, charming and fun. Best case is to let people expand on it in the foundry.

Totally agreed especially the bit about the Foundry authors having access to the tolls required to make similar quests.

This was an AMAZING event and a display of what Cryptic is capable of. A lot of their content is only so-so, but they have made the best "mini-dungeon" and the best quest ("A Lich's Lament") in any MMO, perhaps even any game I have ever played.
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is easily the best event we've had. I'd like to see it return, preferably on a weekend, instead of Tuesday-Thursday. I wanna go smash some more red and blue dice. = P
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, this was an awesome event that was super-fun. I ground out the dice for a pocket pet on all six of my characters and the dice for a slime on three of them. Got 2 unbound slimes and 5 unbound pets from the end chests. I can't normally grind that much of something without getting incredibly bored/sick of an event, but this one was fun and varied enough to keep it fresh.

I too would love to see it return as a permanent L60 skirmish. Just take out the event rewards and say Respen's game caught on. ;) So much fun!

And yes, adding an editable map for this to the foundry would be amazing.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • plentyoskillzplentyoskillz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Kudos Cryptic on this event, I would like to see this as a regular 24/7 event. I agree this is your best work to date. Very witty and clever and a lot of fun. Please reintroduce it soon or better yet ... extension ... extension ...