test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tenacity and low lvl pvp gear

overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
Leveling my HR through pvp almost exclusively I am keeping up to date on my pvp gear. The problem is the pvp gear is available every 10 levels on the 5th level (15,25,35 so on) while the pvp brackets themselves are every 10 levels on the 0 level (10-19, 20-29, so on).

Tenacity is a crucial stat in pvp. So if you are lvl 23 with lvl 15 pvp gear (the best you can get till level 25) you will be put in a q for lvls 20-29 which means most of the enemy team is likely to have level 25 pvp gear.

Are we supposed to always keep two full sets of pvp gear at all times in addition to a full pve set? In ther words, say you are level 20. You already have a full set of pve gear and a full set of level 15 pvp gear. When you start a match it will temporarily level you to 29. So are you, at level 20, supposed to buy a full set of level 25 pvp gear then quickly change into it in the few seconds between spawning on the pvp match and the start if the fight??? Three full sets of gear at all times???

Wouldn't it make more sense to just make the pvp armor lvl 10-19, 20-29, and so on, to match the brackets? Or at least extent the time from when you spawn on the pvp match to when the match starts?

Edit: answered my own question- just buy the lvl of pvp gear for your bracket and try to quickly change into it prior to the match. A real pita given that even for someone who only pvps you spend as much time waiting in q (naked? lol) as you do in matches?
PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
Jugger Conq GF
Post edited by overddrive on

Comments

• smishmintsmishmint Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The way they did it works out well because a lvl 25 blue will be better than a lvl 28 green. In this case, up until lvl 32 greens the lvl 25 blue will be better. This means you would probably want to purchase a lvl 32 green off AH when you hit lvl 32, which will usually cost 1-20 AD.

They took a middle road approach. If for example the items were level 0s, then 6's and 8's greens would be better and it wouldn't make much sense using the pre-60 PVP gear. If on the other hand gear every 9's, then for 9 whole levels(20-28 for example) you wouldn't be able to use the PvP gear.

They chose a number where the blue item is the earliest level that is better than all green items that come after it within that PVP bracket. Although I suppose they could have starting at level 14 and do all the 4's instead, but then it would be marginally better than 8's greens.

I'm sure their is some better way it could have been done, but I guess the point I'm trying to make is they could have made the pre-60 PVP gear a lot less useful.
  • shawdooshawdoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    overddrive wrote: »
    Leveling my HR through pvp almost exclusively I am keeping up to date on my pvp gear. The problem is the pvp gear is available every 10 levels on the 5th level (15,25,35 so on)

Hey, I'm new to the game could you tell me where to find that pvp gear? Because the pvp vendor at Trade of Blades only sells lvl 60 pvp gear, thanks.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Jeez, people: there's a shiny new PVP Discussion forum. Please use it.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The PVP forum didn't exist when this topic was made. It just didn't get moved.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Too many accounts :P

Shawdoo- go to trade of blades bar where the vendors are. The vendor on the far left sells pvp gear from 15-55.
  • ryfghbvryfghbv Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shawdoo wrote: »
    Hey, I'm new to the game could you tell me where to find that pvp gear? Because the pvp vendor at Trade of Blades only sells lvl 60 pvp gear, thanks.

the girl next to him.
  • bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    overddrive wrote: »
    So are you, at level 20, supposed to buy a full set of level 25 pvp gear then quickly change into it in the few seconds between spawning on the pvp match and the start if the fight???

Wait, what? We can do that !? I think you are wrong, we most likey can't.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?