test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

well done crypto, well done

alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
from what i see as a guardian fighter player i dont have acces to any dungeon except PK/FH
nobody wants me everybody constantly tells me GF is usesles and frm what i see on private test realm nothing changes to guardian fighter except the "KNIGHT CAPTAIN SET" its getting a huge nerf ..... so with the very op set kc i couldnt get anywhere to play as pve with the nerfed kc set im going to leave this class and maybe this game .....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    One of the good way to fix this game is just nerf CWs, moslty singularity. In my opinion singularity is THE game breaker atm.

DC sunburt only throw away few amounts of mobs and i dont why singularity keeps pull everything in its range. Without singularity and a more chaotic fights i bet parties will start to ask for GF's more even if the only objective is to gather mobs so aoer's can do the usual tons of dmg.

The only thing that keeps me playing neverwinter is the combat but if the combat will keep broken like it is now.....
  • Options
    omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    macabrivs wrote: »
    One of the good way to fix this game is just nerf CWs, moslty singularity. In my opinion singularity is THE game breaker atm.

DC sunburt only throw away few amounts of mobs and i dont why singularity keeps pull everything in its range. Without singularity and a more chaotic fights i bet parties will start to ask for GF's more even if the only objective is to gather mobs so aoer's can do the usual tons of dmg.

The only thing that keeps me playing neverwinter is the combat but if the combat will keep broken like it is now.....

nerf the CW? then how the heck do you do DD runs! your trying to cross play classes when in reality they need to get rid of PVP or make PVP a sep part of your char altogether and think outside the box make it so you choose a totally different path for PVP and PVE 2 parts to a char not one. its their only way to fix the classes in PVP in my own opinion. this way they can start from scratch with PVP they are trying to nerf/fix stuff for two totally separate games PVP and PVE and one nerf effects the other end way to much....
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    i agree with @Macabrivs thats exactly my toughts the CW needs limitation on how many targets singularity/repel opressive force hits like some other classes have for example GF terrifying impact has 5 targets or maybe 6 as limit hmm a singularity with a limit of 5 -6 targets? i guess cw players will QQ alot
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Problem with GF is that he actually can't take much more damage than GWF and GWF is faster at doing damage (so it eliminates GF as "guardian" in party), CWs can do AoE dmg and CC at the same time so puny GFs mark is not needed but no worries, most probably HR won't be needed as well in mod 3 (best AoE at-will will get a nerf) and will be excluded from serious dps class.
    GF needs to be reworked so he can actually defend his teammates (marking party members so GF will take some of their damage or/and give them % of his stats, giving GF stamina that would work as guard when guard meter is empty but instead of blocking damage it would reduce it by 50+% or give 50+% dmg res while blocking; note: stamina and guard meter would recover separately but cannot recover while shield is up)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    i agree with @Macabrivs thats exactly my toughts the CW needs limitation on how many targets singularity/repel opressive force hits like some other classes have for example GF terrifying impact has 5 targets or maybe 6 as limit hmm a singularity with a limit of 5 -6 targets? i guess cw players will QQ alot

The one who would qq will be entire playerbase because dungeons are usually designed to fight 5+ elite mobs and then what? 4CW+DC teams?
    PS what the hell is wrong with people? Instead of suggesting buff for class they're usually yelling for nerf of others
  • Options
    dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    from what i see as a guardian fighter player i dont have acces to any dungeon except PK/FH
    nobody wants me everybody constantly tells me GF is usesles and frm what i see on private test realm nothing changes to guardian fighter except the "KNIGHT CAPTAIN SET" its getting a huge nerf ..... so with the very op set kc i couldnt get anywhere to play as pve with the nerfed kc set im going to leave this class and maybe this game .....

Dude. This is like the 4th or 5th time i've seen a post just like this. You do not have to listen to "others". Play your own way. Start YOUR OWN parties, make friends, join a guild, surround yourself with people who don't troll/visit these forums. I have played my GF since beta, he is my main, he is my fav. I have seen no difference in anything you have stated since the beginning(though, i just play the game and do not care about xset or ygearscore). Yes, i agree it has been a harder road compared to other classes i've played but still is the most reliable char. for ME. This game is what you make of it not others.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    The one who would qq will be entire playerbase because dungeons are usually designed to fight 5+ elite mobs and then what? 4CW+DC teams?
    PS what the hell is wrong with people? Instead of suggesting buff for class they're usually yelling for nerf of others

anything they add to a GF, wont make other ppl to swtich from 4cw 1 dc to a normal setup like in other mmos like GF/CW/HR/TR/dc or GF/CW/GWF/TR/dc they will always preffer 10-20 targets on singularity spam or unlimited target on opressive force and other similar stuffs
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    dashartz wrote: »
    Dude. This is like the 4th or 5th time i've seen a post just like this. You do not have to listen to "others". Play your own way. Start YOUR OWN parties, make friends, join a guild, surround yourself with people who don't troll/visit these forums. I have played my GF since beta, he is my main, he is my fav. I have seen no difference in anything you have stated since the beginning(though, i just play the game and do not care about xset or ygearscore). Yes, i agree it has been a harder road compared to other classes i've played but still is the most reliable char. for ME. This game is what you make of it not others.
    could be the 10th post the 20th post the 100th all i see is "NOTHING" nothing changes this isnt a class that has a minor bug or a minor issue , this class is almost inexistent in the game and almost unplayable mostly because community and i have to agree the TAB of GF is the most usesless one compared to other classes
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    anything they add to a GF, wont make other ppl to swtich from 4cw 1 dc to a normal setup like in other mmos like GF/CW/HR/TR/dc or GF/CW/GWF/TR/dc they will always preffer 10-20 targets on singularity spam or unlimited target on opressive force and other similar stuffs

oh my that explains all thoose parties I was in past week, all thoose times I was doing DD with my GF, GWF, HR, CW and DC must have been dream or something...
    but seriously: why do you think people prefer 2+CW in party? Because GF can't hold aggro of that ammount of mobs, GF can't take that ammount of damage, can't deal that much of damage and cannot dodge.
    So ask yourself: where's design flaw, is it in particular classes, dungeon design or in players gameplay
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    i waste my time on this forum writing this stuffs because maybe an dev an forum moderator will see it , + i hope other players will support this class and other classes that have issues in pve by creating similar posts on forum.... i noticed ppl started to not care about GF since the devs dont do anything to improve them or change them but i think if ppl wont post anything related to this class even if this sounds like a QQ it isnt i have other classes to play is not like my first class but i wanna play it the game gets very boooring and this class becomes a challenge since is so "usesless"like so many say hope the devs will read more forums about what ppl think with the guardian fighters needs changes and a new tab
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    could be the 10th post the 20th post the 100th all i see is "NOTHING" nothing changes this isnt a class that has a minor bug or a minor issue , this class is almost inexistent in the game and almost unplayable mostly because community and i have to agree the TAB of GF is the most usesless one compared to other classes

I'm sorry, I have a number of GFs in my guild and we've never not run a dungeon without one. If there are none around, we specifically look for one to PIG with us. You're believing in the QQ party train, simple as that.

I don't believe I've EVER told a GF that I don't want to party with them because they have a useless TAB function. If they are competent, and don't break our rules, we typically invite them to our guild, even had a few leave their guilds for ours.

We don't discriminate, its part of our guild, if we were hardcore, we'd have requirements akin to EoA, with specific GS and enchantment ranks required, but we don't, we are casual and don't care about QQ players like yourself, stop believing that GF is somehow unfavored - you can either play him well or you can't, that's the only factor you should be concerned about.
  • Options
    smishmintsmishmint Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Neverwinter has done something right with an MMO that I haven't seen in a long time, which is not requiring certain classes to play the content of the game. A party shouldn't be required to bring any one class to be able to play through the content.

It seems though the problem they made was designing the GF class as tank as if Neverwinter was an MMO that requires the tank/dps/healer setup, which it doesn't. In PVE, GFs really do need some kind of buff and it could be done in a number of ways. They would give them more AoE damage, or more single target damage, or some type of team utility.

If it was up to me, I'd make their AoE taunt ability guaranteed to hold aggro until the ability was ready to cast again, and also do some damage with high threat. A good example of how this could be useful, especially after they nerf CW AoE dmg, would be easily being able to kite all the mobs on Hrimnir(FH), allowing the 4 other players to focus on nuking the boss.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Or: a GF tanks the elites and the TR kills them while a balanced CWs deal with what's around the elites.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oh my that explains all thoose parties I was in past week, all thoose times I was doing DD with my GF, GWF, HR, CW and DC must have been dream or something...
    but seriously: why do you think people prefer 2+CW in party? Because GF can't hold aggro of that ammount of mobs, GF can't take that ammount of damage, can't deal that much of damage and cannot dodge.
    So ask yourself: where's design flaw, is it in particular classes, dungeon design or in players gameplay

I think the issue stems from how enemies attack players - some armored GF can stand between an enemy and a squishy, and the enemy can happily target and attack the squishy right through the GF like they weren't even there. In "real life" the enemy would have to somehow fire through the GF, and that's what's missing here. A GF can't stand between an enemy and a teammate and "force" the enemy to attack them, while simultaneously shielding said teammate from harm. We need a mechanic where a GF creates a protected area behind themselves while blocking AND if a GF gets between an enemy and a teammate, that enemy should have to attack them if they want to get to the other teammate...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Currently I play a CW in the game. However the Foundry editor defaults to GF. It is my experience in the foundry the GF is a powerful tank, I don't see an issue between the two. This is a "social game" and when I played table top D&D decades ago, we always ended up with someone wanting to be anti-social and kill the team, keep the loot, or both. What I am saying is this is an "age old problem" more to do with people and less to do with game mechanics.

I really wish I could be of more help, just enjoy the game.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally I love the tanks, and rarely run a dungeon without one. As long as the tank can take and hold damage they are great to have around!
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if you have issues with game particulars, you are more than welcome to write respectful and constructive feedback explaining what your issues are in an existing thread or if none exist, create one. if your issues are game-breaking for you, offering that in your feedback makes it sound like you are threatening to quit unless changes are made and any posts indicating that you're quitting or threats to quit are not productive additions to our forums.

there has been quite a bit of information concerning class balance provided more recently by the devs indicating that all classes are getting looked at and some changes have already been announced.

rant-filled complaints are not productive nor are they considered constructive. for those reasons, we are going to close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.