test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good ideas for foundry ;)

xse7enekxxse7enekx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello.
at first i would like to say that Foundry is really fun to play with...

But there are missing some things...

If Neverwinter is MMO game, so i think foundry should be sort of MMO too.

If there would be an option to create foundry WITH friends in real time, it would be great!
That was my first idea...

And the 2nd idea, if this is possible to make it work Offline? Saving, Testing, it all takes a while...
It would be great if u can make foundry quests offline, for example when Shard is offline due to maintanance...

What do u think about these?
Are there any chances to give it a try?
Post edited by xse7enekx on

Comments

• Options
    arvelen1arvelen1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Up Up Up Up Up Up Up Up
  • Options
    tsadorsky1tsadorsky1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As I am just beginning to use the foundry, I love it. I tend to write my adventures the same way I DM back in the day. I would love to see more items to drop into my maps. Perhapse some stuff that hasn't been used in other locations. Also expanding the Ferune map a little.

Maybe more control over special items so for instance if I had a fountain in the middle of my courtyard, if the character drinks from it, then I would be able to restore their hit points.

Just a couple of ideas.
  • Options
    builderxbuilderx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    jackassassinjackassassin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Group foundry editing would be AWESOME. Totally agree with this suggestion. I talk with friends all the time about working on a foundry, but when I do, it's a solo project. Some group editing would make it FAR more enjoyable, as well as quicker to put together.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A split screen option in 3d so 3d on one side, 2d on the other.
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xse7enekx wrote: »
    Hello.
    at first i would like to say that Foundry is really fun to play with...

But there are missing some things...

If Neverwinter is MMO game, so i think foundry should be sort of MMO too.

If there would be an option to create foundry WITH friends in real time, it would be great!
    That was my first idea...

And the 2nd idea, if this is possible to make it work Offline? Saving, Testing, it all takes a while...
    It would be great if u can make foundry quests offline, for example when Shard is offline due to maintanance...

What do u think about these?
    Are there any chances to give it a try?

Just a quick comment about the desire to have a "shared" foundry, so that Authors can collaborate.... and I'm quite surprised that no one has thought of this.. Just create a "shared" account and all the members of your creation team get the username and password. Then you take turns logging on that that account to each do your share of the work. I can see no reason that this would not solve this request.

Thanks
  • Options
    doc4gothdoc4goth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited January 2014
    TLDR Not shared but cooperative is what I think the OP is proposing.:cool:

I think the OP was proposing more along the lines of a collaborative environment where multiple people can be on together and thereby using the synergy that happens. You know

Author 1: And then we go down this hall and....
    Author 2: Wait! How about if we put a hidden door here....
    Author 1: Hey that is a good idea...
    Author 3: Nah! we did that in the last hallway, what we need here is a trap!

Something like that anyway. People cooperating live sometimes produce better results than if working sequentially.
    --Doc4Goth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    I like your ideas but not many people would use them if you think about the effort that cryptic would have to go through to create a multi player creation system.

My thoughts on improving the foundry, not to derail you, but here goes:

I played the original neverwinter nights and one thing that was amazing was when a DM controlled NPCs or made stories on these small shards that somehow included you. Imagine if you will, that the foundry would notify you when someone is playing your mission, and you could enter it as an npc, or even create a copy of your characters in it. This would create some amazing pvp and story telling memories. And since the foundry's rewards are tertiary in comparison to the actual experience it could never be overpowered. You could tell the tale of your origin story to other players, from your own voice, in real time as players enjoy your missions. Or make crazy pvp maps. Or play a giant and talk trash to the heroes who dare to enter your cave. The possibilities would be endless and this game would have something no other game has had ever, a DM feel to it! Anyway, I wish others could see the possibilities from this.

Just one mans crazy idea. The foundry is largely untapped in my opinion, mostly because the experience is to solo, or one sided, like reading a book. Where it should be someone telling you a tale live.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I played the original neverwinter nights and one thing that was amazing was when a DM controlled NPCs or made stories on these small shards that somehow included you. Imagine if you will, that the foundry would notify you when someone is playing your mission, and you could enter it as an npc, or even create a copy of your characters in it.

Ah yes, the old days of being a Storyteller, or DM. The mass spawnings of goblins, and 20 balors all blasting fire. The 5 - 30 odd people to keep up with whom did what action when so everyone gets a turn. Random rewards given in specialty items, or gold. The forums postings afterwards how this or that should be done next time.

Don't get me wrong. I loved doing that - to a certain point. What wasn't fun is everyone trying to give input exactly how the next stage proceeded in the quest, and sometimes the end of the quest got completely altered from the original intent so hours spent setting up a special item or area got wasted. Build the town, build the items, tweak an outfit, place the NPCs, and then chaos ensued as 20 different people tried to take over as "author" of the quest on the fly of the moment.

I waffle on so I am cutting this short.

A notification a person has started your quest would be nice, but perhaps limit it to joining the party with them where you can use the already established Voice Chat feature to tell more story or interact with them.

"Your Foundry Quest has been started. Would you like to send the player an invite?"
    "The author of this quest would like to join you in a party. Accept or Decline?"

As for Offline Foundry ideas you'd need an upload/ download feature which limits custom items and outfits to ONLY the already set possibilities to ensure illegally imported items/ gear cannot get into the game. Speaking from a former Development (NWN Classic) side on that I know that can be a BIG headache.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon