test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot patch...

marevayavemarevayave Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I didn't know about the maintenance until after I opened the launcher. I was surprised when it began patching, but just let it go. I've played games where you can patch even if the game servers are not actually up and running (a difference between game servers and patch servers). It got to about 23% (and was going at a good pace) when the servers came up. Then it totally stalled. It simply wouldn't patch any more. I closed and restarted the launcher (and have done so many times) and now it starts off super fast, getting to 3% in a matter of seconds, and then stalls again and goes at a pace that makes it possible for me to be in game and playing sometime next month. -.-

I also noticed that PW offers a program called ARC to help get all PW games in one place and to facilitate downloading and patching. I downloaded the program and installed it, but when it began to patch, it did the exact same thing. Started off rather quick and very swiftly stalled out and wouldn't patch any further.

Please, can anyone help me? The official support forums haven't had new posts in weeks and many of those posts never got replies. :(
Lyneia Darwulf@marevayave - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
Post edited by marevayave on

Comments

• Options
    shandrillynnshandrillynn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Im having the same issue, the launcher gets to the patching part and stalls, it wont go any further, is there something that can be done to get it to work?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I ended up changing the Launcher settings and unchecked On-demand patching (the thing that makes it patch during the gameplay). I didn't have any significant problems in the past and didn't know the option existed. Anyway, it prompted about 3.5 GB of data to download and install. For some reason having so much new data pushed the Launcher past the stuck files. It took about 6 hours (ugh, that was so slow... obviously the download speed still was not back up to peak proficiency) but I am now in game.

I don't understand how exactly that circumvented whatever problem it was having before, though. It often does work (as I've seen with other games) when you remove a file. It is never recommended to fully delete it, however. Simply transfer the file (such as gameclient.exe) to your desktop (while the Launcher is shut down). Start up Launcher and see if it patches. If the whole thing is successful, you can safely delete the file on your desktop. If not, then you haven't rid yourself of a vital file permanently.
  • Options
    dashartzdashartz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just always run as admin via right click anymore. Had similar problems in the past until i figured it out.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That is also something to try. I've never had to, as my entire operating system is being run as admin, but for those whose systems aren't set up that way, running as admin can help.